The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Sure seems like quite a bit of pessimism in this thread for a guy that just ripped off 150 yards and 3 TD's that probably most people that own him picked up for free off waivers.

Is he a league winner?  Probably not.

But what more could you ask for from a free waiver pickup that is probably buried on your bench?  This guy is either a perfect hold for DJ owners to have piece of mind or perfect trade bait to the DJ owners in your league that don't have him.  And at worst, you have an Ekeler type upside handcuff/possible flex guy on your bench that you can play in a pinch.

I'm just glad to see my bench stash payoff even though I'm irritated I didn't play him this week.  The Cardinals should be fined IMO for their approach.....They clearly lied about their injury report.  Yeah, maybe they didn't have to fully disclose their intentions but they have these injury reports in place for a reason....And it's because the NFL is big business.  

Anyways, Edmonds owners should still be smiling and his value clearly increased after yesterday.

No doubt, you should be happy to have him. I just think “league winner” designations are premature (though certainly within the realm of possibilities).

As far as fining the team, I don’t know if they could be subject to any discipline in this case under current rules. But I do wonder how things change over the next decade though as in-game (and in-stadium) gambling continues to grow. It would be like going to a horse track and betting on a horse only to find out he barely makes it out the gate because he had a bum ankle that wasn’t fully disclosed.

I understand players and coaches who don’t like being viewed like a horse and only through a fantasy football/gambling lense. But the fact is that gambling is a huge driver of the NFL, and I expect the regulations around injury designations will become even more strict over the coming years. 

Edited by gufomel

he's only good with DJ out.

otherwise, just a valuable handcuff.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gufomel said:

Disclaimer: I don’t own Edmonds and chose Latavius instead (can’t be too disappointed about that I suppose). So you can take this for what you wish.

I think this video is worth watching, starting around the 0:30 mark.

Basically, as has already been mentioned several times here, his TDs were on gaping holes. Did Edmonds create some of that? Maybe. But on video it sure looks like those were holes that Eddie Lacy could take to the house. Then on other plays, Edmonds looks like he’s running around with his head cut off.

The next 4 matchups before the bye look brutal. If Edmonds is a league-winning kind of back, he can overcome those types of matchups. But I’m not sure he’s that kind of back. With that said, I would love to have Edmonds on my roster to see how this plays out, but I don’t, so maybe I’m bitter. As long as DJ is out (or very limited), Edmonds is an RB2 on volume alone, and I definitely do not deny the possibility of RB1 upside. I just think NO, SF (twice), and TB is likely to make him come back to earth after CIN, ATL, NYG.

If DJ is out, Edmonds is a sure fire RB1 in PPR. No question

3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Or with DJ as a post defacto "emergency back" evidently.

5 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

DJ wasn't out the previous 2 games and he was good...

In full PPR last three weeks:

image.png.3333fda7491e4afc3bb940f06fd32c52.png

Edited by kball09
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kball09 said:

DJ wasn't out the previous 2 games and he was good...

In full PPR last three weeks:

image.png.3333fda7491e4afc3bb940f06fd32c52.png

Thanks to a touchdown in each game against a decent matchup and maybe the best one possible.  The next four matchups are literally close to the worst matchups possible.  Without DJ he's clearly worth something, but with DJ back I think you're banking on a prayer playing him in any of these next four.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Cardinals twitter trolling us hard!!

It’s hard to believe how much denial teams are in regarding how much fantasy football drives their business. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Not true. He has already had enough games to put him on the flex radar in any league. And if DJ misses time he has shown he can carry the full load and put up great fantasy numbers (1 game sample). Either way I view him as something akin to Ekeler the past two seasons. And we have all seen what Ekeler has done when given the full workload this season. Smaller sample size compared to Ekeler, but similar situations.

Decent flex doesn't = good in my book.

His numbers are inflated due to the TD's (standard scoring league).

Again if you don't own the starter the backup RB is always the superior talent and deserves equal if not more touches. Always.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Again if you don't own the starter the backup RB is always the superior talent and deserves equal if not more touches. Always.

That sounds like every Philly Eagles fan talking about their starters.

Edited by devaster

Just now, devaster said:

You sound like every Philly Eagles fan talking about their starters.

Eagles and consistent RB play after McCoy left. Name a less compatible duo.

What's interesting to me about Edmonds is his versatility.

Much like Ekeler in LAC, they are comfortable with lining him up at a WR spot with DJ in the backfield (let's face it, the AZ depth chart at WR looks a little hairy).

Even with DJ healthy enough to do his thing in ATL, Edmonds got 30 snaps.  That's enough to generate value against bad defenses.

I wouldn't play him against SF, but he's a wild card that could be worth playing in other matchups, particularly since Kingsberry obviously likes playing games with DJ's status.

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Cardinals trying out Spencer Ware. Good news for Edmonds, bad news for DJ apparently. 

Jay Ajayi as well

• Like 2

Hopefully we are not all Chasing points next week...

Ill see myself out.

• Haha 2

i just dont understand how cardinals didnt shut DJ down vs the giants from the get and just announce they were going tostart edmonds. Costed a lot of ppl the week

One thing seems likely out of this mystery box, given what the Saints are doing on offense, there should be passing opportunities.

8 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

One thing seems likely out of this mystery box, given what the Saints are doing on offense, there should be passing opportunities.

Saints defense is no joke. He wont have the rushing room but should be receptions galore.

48 minutes ago, gufomel said:

It’s hard to believe how much denial teams are in regarding how much fantasy football drives their business. 

It's literally the only reason I watch most of the games. Without fantasy i'd watch my favorite team and the playoffs. The amount of breaks and BS rules kills it.

• Like 2

Just now, yanksman said:

Saints defense is no joke. He wont have the rushing room but should be receptions galore.

Yeah, they are very good.

Difficult to discern much from the Bears game given the Nagypocalypse on the Bears RBs, But they handled Fournette the week before.

Agrred - Dumpoffs playing catch up would seem like his best way to value.