The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

He wasn't looking good before the injury. I saw people throwing out stats comparing him against DJ. I'd rather have a "healthy" DJ any day over Chase. And now, Chase isn't even healthy. Chase looked good against crap defenses. It showed today.

I can't see myself playing him against SF or Tampa.

Might hold for the Rams and Cleveland depending on the options.  Hamstring injury is also a bummer.  Probably my next cut.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:56 PM, jsch08 said:

Don’t want to ruin anyone’s parade, but as a Cards fan I felt Chase’s day was more about the giants d being bad. Most rbs score on those three runs and through the holes that were open all game . He had a really bad drop in the game too. Definitely a must start if DJ is out but I’d hesitate to call him a league winner. I don’t see special.

This is spot on sir. I applaud your analysis. 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He wasn't looking good before the injury. I saw people throwing out stats comparing him against DJ. I'd rather have a "healthy" DJ any day over Chase. And now, Chase isn't even healthy. Chase looked good against crap defenses. It showed today.

Super tough take, everytime he got the ball he was hit in the backfield and their line made no holes. David Johnson would have not of done better. 

• Like 1

Just now, nmartinez12443 said:

Super tough take, everytime he got the ball he was hit in the backfield and their line made no holes. David Johnson would have not of done better. 

David Johnson is a better receiver. DJ hasn't had great success running either. His success has been in the passing game.

• Like 1

Likely to miss time, but not season ending.

2 minutes ago, mjb said:

Likely to miss time, but not season ending.

Yeah probably hamstrings are tough and reinjury happens often on a short week against the 2nd best def in the nfl, pretty tough start even if he is active. On the plus side he wanted to come back in the game when it was out of hand and said he was hopeful. 

3 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yeah probably hamstrings are tough and reinjury happens often on a short week against the 2nd best def in the nfl, pretty tough start even if he is active. On the plus side he wanted to come back in the game when it was out of hand and said he was hopeful. 

And then he gets Tampa, which has played great run defense, and then SF again and then the bye.

I think the pipes are calling.

He's basically a hold if you want to see what his role looks like week 13 at this point IMO.

Very disappointing performance today. Between that, the hammy, and the upcoming schedule...not what I'd call an overly optimistic outlook. 

4 hours ago, jsch08 said:

This aged well. To all you box score watchers who don’t watch Cardinals games (don’t blame you on that), Chase was every bit as awful as his line shows today. Credit the Saints D, but Chase kept bouncing everything outside and he is not quick enough for that. It was awful. Also runs with very little power which makes sense given his size.

David Johnson he is not.

How about RB Sanders? 

Just now, Godeep said:

Who is going to be the running back next game if DJ and Edmonds are out? 

They'll sign someone, but does it matter? We should all want nothing part of whatever is next...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Godeep said:

Who is going to be the running back next game if DJ and Edmonds are out? 

He had a sitcom in the 80's and he ate cats.

You're...not gonna want to play him against the Niners, if you're wondering.

Haha, agreed, just thought it was worth noting. I haven’t payed much attention to the Cards since Larry regressed and got put on my bench. Man, SF twice in 3 weeks is tough. At least they get TB in between to feel better.

Edited by Godeep

Beginning of the season Chase was one of those great handcuffs we all should be looking at...

David Johnson gets injured Chase runs wild 

so A lot of peeps love Chase 

Chase starts a game plays like $h*t then is injured

now we have peeps telling us he ain’t that good. 

Priceless..

Just now, shakestreet said:

Beginning of the season Chase was one of those great handcuffs we all should be looking at...

Priceless..

I said to pump the breaks before he went off against the Giants. Dude was producing against garbage defenses. He can't hold DJs jock as a pass catcher and he can't break a tackle in short yardage to save his life. I was expecting a bad game when I started him today but not like this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Priceless..

This forum in a nutshell. It's funny how people on here call someone garbage after they have a couple of bad fantasy weeks.

Johnson will be back probably in Week 10, after which Edmonds will revert to handcuff status. Edmonds won’t play on Thursday now with his hammy, and you wouldn’t want to start him vs. the 49ers anyway. Crazy, but I think he’s a drop unless you’re a DJ owner. That ride sure didn’t last long, lol.

2 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Johnson will be back probably in Week 10, after which Edmonds will revert to handcuff status. Edmonds won’t play on Thursday now with his hammy, and you wouldn’t want to start him vs. the 49ers anyway. Crazy, but I think he’s a drop unless you’re a DJ owner. That ride sure didn’t last long, lol.

He’s definitely not a drop even if you’re a non DJ owner. Dj has already injured his back and ankles. Dj isn’t lasting the whole season 

6 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

He’s definitely not a drop even if you’re a non DJ owner. Dj has already injured his back and ankles. Dj isn’t lasting the whole season 

When would you feel comfortable starting him again though? Week 13 against the Rams? Week 15 against the Browns, assuming we make it that far? He definitely seems like a guy that can take advantage of a good matchup when given the opportunity, but not matchup proof by any means as we saw today. And DJ likely back Week 10. It’s clear that Edmonds isn’t going to be running away with the job. So unless you want to gamble that DJ winds up getting shut down, he won’t be startable anytime soon. That makes him just a handcuff. A very good one yes, but still a handcuff.

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

When would you feel comfortable starting him again though? Week 13 against the Rams? Week 15 against the Browns, assuming we make it that far? He definitely seems like a guy that can take advantage of a good matchup when given the opportunity, but not matchup proof by any means as we saw today. And DJ likely back Week 10. It’s clear that Edmonds isn’t going to be running away with the job. So unless you want to gamble that DJ winds up getting shut down, he won’t be startable anytime soon. That makes him just a handcuff. A very good one yes, but still a handcuff.

I would be comfortable starting him if he took over the job. Volume is all you can ask for a rb if they are the starter and I believe he will get volume if/when Dj goes down. Chase Edmonds is a talented RB. Today’s outing isn’t who he is. The whole team was trash and that’s a credit to the saints. Today’s game said more about the Saints rather than who Chase is. 

• Thanks 1