The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

It was fun while it lasted, I knew it was going to be bad but I bet against the odds, oh well I was hoping for maybe 10 points, instead I got 2 smh benched Montgomery for him, can you blame me??

A big LOL to you guys that thought he could replace David Johnson, the writing was clear as day but ya’ll thought “league winner” “he destroyed the giants in the rain”. 

Guy is 5.9 200lbs and met a good defence(literally got crushed every rush). Chase is toast, a change of pace back and a clock killer. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

A big LOL to you guys that thought he could replace David Johnson, the writing was clear as day but ya’ll thought “league winner” “he destroyed the giants in the rain”. 

Guy is 5.9 200lbs and met a good defence(literally got crushed every rush). Chase is toast, a change of pace back and a clock killer. 

True, he hasn't been proven against stout defenses.  But let's be real, no RB this year has rushed for 100 yards against the Saints this year.  Actually, only one RB (Fournette) this year has over 100 yards total this year against the Saints D.  This includes Elliot, Gurley, and Carson.  To expect him to put up great numbers this week was not realistic.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

A big LOL to you. nobody thought that. chase Edmonds is not David Johnson. Guys who played him were just hoping for maybe a double digit fantasy day. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sSektor said:

I said to pump the breaks before he went off against the Giants. Dude was produced against ONE garbage defense. He can't hold DJs jock as a pass catcher and he can't break a tackle in short yardage to save his life. I was expecting a bad game when I started him today but not like this.

Fixed 

Went from it being foolish to sell high to him being droppable in the span of 24 hours. 

• Like 7

• Cardinals acquired RB Kenyan Drake from the Dolphins for a conditional 2020 draft pick.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:59 AM ET

•  
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JuanSuarez said:

Unless DJ goes to IR there is nothing to see here, I think.

Agreed.

Drake didn’t travel with the team during the weekend because of an impending trade so that tells me even before the Edmonds injury and Kliff’s comments tell me something might be off with DJ. 

• Like 1

They only burned a 6th rounder on Drake. I wouldn't assume Drake will even play in front of Chase at this point.

Never saw saw a rapid overnight rise and fall. Fantasy football is a fickle one.

On the bright side, Mike Clay expects DJ and Chase to be ahead of Drake once they're healthy, if and when that ever happens.

4 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Never saw saw a rapid overnight rise and fall. Fantasy football is a fickle one.

On the bright side, Mike Clay expects DJ and Chase to be ahead of Drake once they're healthy, if and when that ever happens.

Obviously DJ is ahead of Drake if healthy. Health is the question.

I think it’s debatable between Drake and Edmonds, but health is still the question there.