The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Obviously DJ is ahead of Drake if healthy. Health is the question.

I think it’s debatable between Drake and Edmonds, but health is still the question there.

I would agree.

It's prob a safe bet we won't see DJ and Chase both healthy at the same time again the rest of the season, so Drake should hold a role

They get now three good run defenses (SF twice) then a bye. Edmonds can heal and still be a contributor weeks 13+ if you can hold.

Drake didn't travel before Edmonds injury. I think there is something going on with DJ.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

A big LOL to you. nobody thought that. chase Edmonds is not David Johnson. Guys who played him were just hoping for maybe a double digit fantasy day. 

NOBODY THOUGHT THAT?? dude scroll back 20 pages to see everyone hyping up Chase Edmonds like he's the biggest breakout start of the decade. 

9 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

NOBODY THOUGHT THAT?? dude scroll back 20 pages to see everyone hyping up Chase Edmonds like he's the biggest breakout start of the decade. 

Literally the next Kamara don't even argue against it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Literally the next Kamara don't even argue against it.

Let's just all agree that this year's Alvin Kamara is the Pats D and move on shall we?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JuanSuarez said:

They get now three good run defenses (SF twice) then a bye. Edmonds can heal and still be a contributor weeks 13+ if you can hold.

Drake didn't travel before Edmonds injury. I think there is something going on with DJ.

Edmonds csn safely be dropped now

• Like 1

Thanks for coming out and enjoying the festivities but I am sorry to inform you all that the party is over. Make sure you throw away your trash on your way out the door and check to make sure you're not leaving anything behind. Thanks again and God Bless. 

Edited by Cdub2k
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Biggest hype train derailment in history 

Seriously. he had one good game against a terrible defense with holes big enough enough to drive a truck thru and everyone lost their minds thinking he was some amazing RB lol. Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. 

Honestly this past week turned the cardinals backfield from fine for DJ to an absolute hellscape. Kenyan will be trash behind that oline, edmonds will maybe be a 1st-2nd down back while DJ is out, and it looks like DJ won't be fully healthy for the rest of the season, all 3 guys ended up losing value

• Like 1

Unreal. Chase was so stoked last week, staring at a huge opportunity to become something in the NFL. Today he’s icing a hammy realizing he will probably never see a better chance during his career. 

• Like 1

Still a hold IMO pending more news on DJ's injury. Signing 3 running backs in one week doesn't exactly scream confidence with their situation. And apparently this deal was made before Edmonds got hurt. My guess is that DJ isnt exactly close to coming back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Seriously. he had one good game against a terrible defense with holes big enough enough to drive a truck thru and everyone lost their minds thinking he was some amazing RB lol. Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. 

In fantasy you never know when the next lightning in a bottle will come from. There are many examples in history, but let's look at Damien Williams last year out of recency.

Chase's game vs the Giants was an explosive one that most highly drafted fantasy RBs won't even come close to.

Save your I told you so's.

Such is football and fantasy football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Haha. He strained his hamstring early in the game. I don't think anyone would be hyping him if they knew that would happen. 

And we don't know how successful he would have been had that not happened. He would likely be the starting RB for the foreseeable future with DJ still out. And the hype could have turned out to be warranted. 

Also he had 2 good games prior to the huge game. It wasn't just 1 good game. 

Edited by mbell317
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Biggest hype train derailment in history 

Biggest hype train derailment since the Pats waived Antonio Brown a month ago.

Edited by FeastMode
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mbell317 said:

Haha. He strained his hamstring early in the game. I don't think anyone would be hyping him if they knew that would happen. 

And we don't know how successful he would have been had that not happened. He would likely be the starting RB for the foreseeable future with DJ still out. And the hype could have turned out to be warranted. 

Also the Cardinals rated as the best run game DVOA in the entire league before Week 8, so condescension towards Chase lovers is unwarranted.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

And we don't know how successful he would have been had that not happened.

He had 7 carries for 8 yards and looked terrible. He wouldn't have done anything. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

Biggest hype train derailment since the Pats IR'd Josh Gordon a week ago.

fixed 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's probably out three weeks and then the bye comes in Week 12. Keep him if you can, but cut him loose if you have to because the schedule doesn't get any easier. By that time DJ "should" be healthy. At that point you are near the playoff portion of the schedule. If I made the playoffs I just haven't seen enough in Chase against good defenses to say I'd put him in my lineup. I mean, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Seattle are the playoff matchups through Week 16. Not exactly scary, but also I can't say I trust Chase either. They are scores better than the defenses he has faced so far.

16 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Also the Cardinals rated as the best run game DVOA in the entire league before Week 8, so condescension towards Chase lovers is unwarranted.

I am becoming more and more convinced that DVOA is a terrible metric in a vacuum.

I mean, it's wonderful that we are able to say, "hey, here's another barometer to show that the Cardinals can run on Atlanta or the Giants in the pouring rain when they're worried about Kyler Murray taking off."  Or "hey, guys who are most frequently targeted against the Redskins haven't done well, guys who are secondary targets have."

But it doesn't really mean much when every game has different matchup/environmental contexts, etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I am becoming more and more convinced that DVOA is a terrible metric in a vacuum.

I mean, it's wonderful that we are able to say, "hey, here's another barometer to show that the Cardinals can run on Atlanta or the Giants in the pouring rain when they're worried about Kyler Murray taking off."  Or "hey, guys who are most frequently targeted against the Redskins haven't done well, guys who are secondary targets have."

But it doesn't really mean much when every game has different matchup/environmental contexts, etc.

Fair enough, but can't ignore someone saying they're literally No. 1

We're* I should say

Edited by austin316
  • Like 1

Just now, austin316 said:

Fair enough, but can't ignore someone saying they're literally No. 1

I wouldn't ignore it.

But I would say that it is likely playing the Saints and the 49ers is gonna look very different for a running game than playing the Falcons and the Giants.

24 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

He had 7 carries for 8 yards and looked terrible. He wouldn't have done anything. 

In the previous 3 games he averaged 21 fantasy points per game (.5 PPR format).

We should ignore that and draw conclusions from 7 carries? 

Sounds legit...

• Like 1