The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I can't lie, he does move a little like Kamara...great highlights!

Fordham schedule slightly lighter than Saints tho 😛

Right? He's got the same casual look to the way he runs.  Seeing the hole opening, hitting the gas, juking all looks very smooth and second nature.  Don't know where Fordham is but we do have highlights from week 13 last year, and also this past weekend.  What he's shown so far in those NFL games is exactly what you see in the Fordham highlights which is him seeing the hole, reacting, then bursting up field.  

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

But Samuels was playing

Conner had 4 games with over 30 touches last year.

When were those games again? 0 of those in the second half '18 or this year. The fact that he hasn't already been a bellcow (for the Steelers of all teams) speaks to Conner, not Samuels.

Edited by kball09

5 minutes ago, kball09 said:

When were those games again? 0 of those in the second half '18 or this year. The fact that he hasn't already been a bellcow (for the Steelers of all teams) speaks to Conner, not Samuels.

False. Week 9 last year he had 31.

Also, Samuels was there. You can pretend that doesnt matter but it does. 30 is a bit high but I think Conner gets 25ish touches this week for sure.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

False. Week 9 last year he had 31.

Also, Samuels was there. You can pretend that doesnt matter but it does. 30 is a bit high but I think Conner gets 25ish touches this week for sure.

Which was their 8th game.....but whatever, pedantic.

We shall see on Sunday. It seems pretty evident they aren't keen on using Conner as a high volume back, but if there is ever an opportunity it will be with Samuels and Washington out and a crappy QB. So, yay I guess haha. I would still play Edmonds over him without much thought.

Just now, Whitecloud0101 said:

13/55

6/40

tuddy 

I'd buy it.

The Falcons seem incapable of stopping what an opponent is hard pressed to do.  Houston and the Titans wanted to throw and they crushed them.  The Viking and Colts wanted to run and they crushed them.  The Eagles were down to the beer vendors at wideout and Wentz was seeing stars and they still needed a less second miracle from Julio to pull it out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

What kind of stat line range do you think is realistic for Edmunds vs. ATL?

16/87/1 + 4/37

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Which was their 8th game.....but whatever, pedantic.

We shall see on Sunday. It seems pretty evident they aren't keen on using Conner as a high volume back, but if there is ever an opportunity it will be with Samuels and Washington out and a crappy QB. So, yay I guess haha. I would still play Edmonds over him without much thought.

I disagree. Zeke only had 3 games over 30 touches last year for example. Lots of starting RB game logs look similar to Conners from last year.

35 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

What kind of stat line range do you think is realistic for Edmunds vs. ATL?

If he starts then his line should be solid

12-75-1

5-35

Could potentially have a 20 point game easily just off PPR.

• Like 3

If he starts I view him the exact same as where you'd be ranking Johnson if he were starting

• Like 4

Anyone think Johnson might need more than one game off? They are being kinda shy about it seems it might be worse than what is reported. 

The moment I heard Johnson couldn't sit down I grabbed Edmonds for free.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I disagree. Zeke only had 3 games over 30 touches last year for example. Lots of starting RB game logs look similar to Conners from last year.

Ok, you're kinda proving my point. I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. But whatevs, kinda unrelated to this thread at this point.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, scheibler said:

If he starts I view him the exact same as where you'd be ranking Johnson if he were starting

Exactly what I just discussed with someone. DJ isn't what he once was. I'd expect the same production from Edmonds if DJ is out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Exactly what I just discussed with someone. DJ isn't what he once was. I'd expect the same production from Edmonds if DJ is out. 

Honestly, I expect even higher production from Edmonds due to AZ's current situation 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

I went ahead and dropped Darrel Williams for Chase today on the grounds that Darrel is 3rd on his team's depth chart where as Chase is the #2. 

I literally just made the same move.  Backs can be tricky, so I don't think DJ will be out of the woods or get a full workload even if he plays.  LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

If Chase starts vs. ATL, I'm looking to start him over the tiers of Damien Williams and maybe even Tyler Boyd. 

Guy was one of the main true handcuffs out there I don't understand how he would be unowned after waivers even? I need easier leagues.

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Guy was one of the main true handcuffs out there I don't understand how he would be unowned after waivers even? I need easier leagues.

Agreed.  I had the #6 and #11 waiver priorities in 2 of my leagues for this past week's waivers and was still able to get him.  I thought I'd never get him in the league where I have the 11th priority.  The leagues are pretty competitive, too.  Maybe my league mates just didn't bother looking at the waiver claims much this week.

Don't know how DJ can even play this weekend. He can't even sit down without being in pain! I understand he will be drugged up, but come on man. If he's hurt he's hurt

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

Don't know how DJ can even play this weekend. He can't even sit down without being in pain! I understand he will be drugged up, but come on man. If he's hurt he's hurt

That's right.  Edmonds was a must-add this week imo.  The only downfall is that he plays for the Cardinals but they should get better as the season progresses and they become more familiar with Kingsbury's offense.

11 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Agreed.  I had the #6 and #11 waiver priorities in 2 of my leagues for this past week's waivers and was still able to get him.  I thought I'd never get him in the league where I have the 11th priority.  The leagues are pretty competitive, too.  Maybe my league mates just didn't bother looking at the waiver claims much this week.

I got him in two leagues too while being low in the priority order. Many claims were put in. I think a factor was some people may not have gotten the DJ news since it wasn't a clear cut injury that got headlines (a la Barkley) and another factor is byes and injuries. If someone has Waller on bye or an injured Engram you can see why they may have used their first claim on Everett. 

This better not be another Darwin Thompson.. Dudes were hyping him up just for him to lay an egg.

Just now, Cardiak said:

This better not be another Darwin Thompson.. Dudes were hyping him up just for him to lay an egg.

He's not. Not even close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1