The G Man

Noah Fant 2019 Outlook

Just now, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Adding him in deep leagues on Sanders trade, increasing snap count and targets.

Yep,, New QB's favor the TE position as their safety blanket.   Fant has the droppseys, but he also has a good chance to see his numbers improve.   Better than most options on the waiver wire that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

Yep,, New QB's favor the TE position as their safety blanket.   Fant has the droppseys, but he also has a good chance to see his numbers improve.   Better than most options on the waiver wire that's for sure.

Agree, worth a shot. Im still not starting him this week- just a wait and see at this point.

• Noah Fant caught 3-of-4 targets for 115 yards and one score in the Broncos' Week 9 upset over the Browns.

Fant turned a shallow crossing route over the middle of the field into a 75-yard touchdown by pushing the joystick forward and trucking S Jermaine Whitehead before shaking off poor arm-tackling efforts from Greedy Williams and Adarius Taylor. It's the second straight week Fant's seen an uptick in his on-field usage as Emmanuel Sanders' vacant opportunity continues to trickle down into the lap of Denver's rookie tight end. Even with Brandon Allen under center, the No. 20 overall pick should be considered a low-end TE1 for his opportunity alone over the second half of the season.

Nov 3, 2019, 8:00 PM ET

•  

Or maybe BECAUSE of Brandon Allen being under center. I don't see it as a coincidence that he had his career best day w/a QB other than Flacco in there. He could be a sneaky-good option down the stretch as he gains familiarity with this offense.

• Like 1

Yep. And with manny sanders gone he’s climbing up the pecking order. If you’ve been playing TE roulette all year, as I have, he may be worth a look, especially if he cures his case of the dropsies. 

Man, he looked like an animal on that 75 yard TD run.. I am definitely intrigued by him, but I'd ideally like to wait one more week so I don't have to hold through the BYE.

17 hours ago, Olliemets said:

Man, he looked like an animal on that 75 yard TD run.. I am definitely intrigued by him, but I'd ideally like to wait one more week so I don't have to hold through the BYE.

Completely agree, and unless you play in a VERY deep league, or dynasty, he'll still be available. 

I'm not saying the talent's not there, but it was essentially one lucky play. Without that this year he's barely a TE2. 

He's being touted as a better waiver pickup than gesecki and other tight ends...not sure if I see it as the potential number two? Id say broncos passing offense is slightly better but unknown...Mike gesicki has an opportunity without Preston as well. Is this splitting hairs?

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's being touted as a better waiver pickup than gesecki and other tight ends...not sure if I see it as the potential number two? Id say broncos passing offense is slightly better but unknown...Mike gesicki has an opportunity without Preston as well. Is this splitting hairs?

Maybe because he’s essentially operating as Denver #2 receiver now that sanders departed. But then again gesicki will probably elevate to 2 in the dolphins pecking order. Pretty much splitting hairs and if you’re anything like me whichever one you pick will end up being the wrong one. They’re  both trending the right way though and unlike many TE’s in the 10-20 range they are the only game in town unlike the doyles, brates, etc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'd prefer Gesicki due to better QB and more volume. Everyone's getting so excited over the 75-yard TD. It's somewhat a flukey play. If he went 9 for 120 then absolutely, I'm intrigued. But I'd like to see another week of both how this offense looks with Allen and if Fant gets a significant uptick in involvement. The uptick in involvement for Gesicki has already occurred. 

• Like 2

Noah Fants Projections coming out of the bye according to Yahoo, must start, league winner. 

11 Nov 17 @Min Sun 10:00 am *36.61 - - - - -
12 Nov 24 @Buf Sun 10:00 am *41.32 - - - - -
13 Dec 1 LAC Sun 1:25 pm *42.00 - - - - -
14 Dec 8 @Hou Sun 10:00 am *40.48 - - - - -
15 Dec 15 @KC Sun 10:00 am *39.13 - - - - -
16 Dec 21 Det Sat 10:00 pm *43.85 - - - - -
17 Dec 29 Oak Sun 1:25 pm *42.33 - - - - -
Edited by CroNY
  • Haha 3

I'm definitely grabbing him in a couple TE-needy leagues. The stats on the guy are kinda bonkers since the Sanders trade... Like 86% snap rate and 25% target share. If that usage is set to continue the dude just needs to catch the ball. 

On 11/13/2019 at 1:01 AM, LongBalls said:

I'm definitely grabbing him in a couple TE-needy leagues. The stats on the guy are kinda bonkers since the Sanders trade... Like 86% snap rate and 25% target share. If that usage is set to continue the dude just needs to catch the ball. 

I just added him without knowing those numbers. Did I just find the league winner... lol 😆 Engram hurting with a bye, Gesicki flamed out last week tough matchup against Buffalo, let’s go Fant. 

• Like 1

Umm.... Is it just me, or is he unstartable this week due to matchup?

The Bills have given up 5 catches to a TE once this year. Evan Engram went 6 for 48. They've given up a total of one TD to the TE position, to Dallas Goedert. Other than that, they have completely shut down every TE they've faced. 

I like the player, and his volume is up. But this week, you might be better with just about any dart throw TE2. 

4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

The Bills have given up 5 catches to a TE once this year. Evan Engram went 6 for 48. They've given up a total of one TD to the TE position, to Dallas Goedert. Other than that, they have completely shut down every TE they've faced. 

I like the player, and his volume is up. But this week, you might be better with just about any dart throw TE2. 

Absolutely unstartable...I also am not sure why everyone's so high on him. I know he had a good game, but it's not very valuable targets from an inaccurate QB for an offense that's having a hard time sustaining drives and red zone opportunites. Would rather bet on Hollister, Goedert, or Griffin. 

4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Playing devils advocate, but what tight ends have they faced besides Ertz and Engram this year. I own Kelce and 11 targets for Fant stood out to me and he is a target in the red zone so.

11 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Playing devils advocate, but what tight ends have they faced besides Ertz and Engram this year. I own Kelce and 11 targets for Fant stood out to me and he is a target in the red zone so.

Not much. Dolphins twice. Pats. Bengals. Titans. Redskins. Browns. Jets. 

Still, keeping Ertz and Engram in check, and giving up nothing to everyone else is impressive. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

A better way to look at this is study trends of games in which buffalo faced studs and you'll get a better picture...like poster above said. Also on the road 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

A better way to look at this is study trends of games in which buffalo faced studs and you'll get a better picture...like poster above said. Also on the road 

Also anyone remember that game? It was 40 MPH winds 

With 2 seconds left and the game on the line, they went to Fant on a fade route to win the game. The foolishness of running a fade at all, let alone to win the game, is another story, but this does show the amount of trust they have in him. He catches that ball and he's the no brainer add everywhere.. may be a blessing that he didn't.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Olliemets said:

With 2 seconds left and the game on the line, they went to Fant on a fade route to win the game. The foolishness of running a fade at all, let alone to win the game, is another story, but this does show the amount of trust they have in him. He catches that ball and he's the no brainer add everywhere.. may be a blessing that he didn't.

What puzzled me was that why was this play not rerun? It looked liked the play clock expired a good amount of time before the snap. 

Also he had an easy touchdown in the first half had Allen not thrown such a horrible pass. 

I probably am not going to start him (going with Hollister) but I do not think the matchup is that horrible. I would not be upset if I had to start him. He should get a good amount of looks. 

8 hours ago, mrfrood said:

What puzzled me was that why was this play not rerun? It looked liked the play clock expired a good amount of time before the snap. 

Also he had an easy touchdown in the first half had Allen not thrown such a horrible pass. 

I probably am not going to start him (going with Hollister) but I do not think the matchup is that horrible. I would not be upset if I had to start him. He should get a good amount of looks. 

Is it me or is Fant trending into TE1 territory and possibly top 8 TE ros if Allen continues to target 🎯 him heavily?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brye said:

Is it me or is Fant trending into TE1 territory and possibly top 8 TE ros if Allen continues to target 🎯 him heavily?

Idc if it’s blake bortles or Trent dilfer throwing the ball, give me a TE getting 11 targets all day. 

He is going against a very tough D today,   But with the numbers he has been seeing target wise over the last 2-3 games has been extraordinary.      Who else is rolling him out today?

IS he a TE1 ROS?