Spyplane

Isaiah Thomas 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Maybe Brooks will realize that Thomas coming off the bench helped them alot more than when he is starting. Everyone else can see the obvious. Heck, Beals still playing bad with Thomas in the starting lineup. Beal seemed better with IT off the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You gotta stagger player pairings like him and Beal. I wouldn't hold my breath for Brooks to realize that. At least his minutes are increasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The revenge game of all revenge games.  Going against the Celtics tonight in Boston.  Lets go!  

“Before the game it will be all fun and games and after the game. But once the game starts, they’re the enemy. I’m just gonna try to win,” he told NBC Sports in Washington. “I visualize going for 50 on them. That’s the plan and to win the game. But I hope that night is not about me and it takes away from what this team is all about.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

33 minutes, guys? Is this real? A tease? A test? Because it was in Boston?


His defense and health would be the main issues in preventing him to be out there for 30+ most nights. These factors haven't been an issue so far, but boy the Wizards are conceding a lot of points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flat_eric said:

These factors haven't been an issue so far, but boy the Wizards are conceding a lot of points. 

 

They definitely have.  IT is a shell of a his former self.  He may say he's healthy but 'healthy' is relative.  He's lost a lot of his athleticism and now he just doesn't have the same ability to move like he did compared to a few seasons ago.  He's always been horrible on D but now he's not as good on O either.  What we're seeing now from him now production wise is probably as good as it's going to get especially playing in this team/system.  He'll probably have a few nights where he's lights out from deep but watching him trying to drive and get separation from defenders in the paint is kind of sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched their games this past weekend. Sad to say he is becoming a borderline hold for me now. Seems more passive on offense and just gives the ball up to Beal. Since I managed to snag Dinwiddie off waivers my FTM are much better now. IT also hasn't been driving as much so his FT rate doesn't seem to be as much help as I hoped.

 

If there is a new hot free agent he is on the bubble and I would not hesitate to drop him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, the guy just now needs to be a spark off the bench. If they can find a better point guard to replace Ish Smith, that’s be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I let go of him in two leagues last week because he's simply not the same player he used to be.

A lot of his value used to come from FT as well and higher steals.

His steals rate is down and his freethrow attempts way down. FTA being down is a bad sign of a player who is less aggressive (out of his athletic peak and doesn't look for contact as much and settling for more shots), as well as lower usage.

His recent hot streak is spiked by unsustainable FG%. Once he dips back to 42 - 43, he's a very low end streaming option. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. Just wait. There's literally no one on this team. He's 13 6 after coming back from injury. First time he's healthy in a while. If this is his "ceiling" you're still not gonna find anyone whos giving you 13 6 off the wire. Hes a fine 13th man in a 12 man league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stickman786 said:

Lol. Just wait. There's literally no one on this team. He's 13 6 after coming back from injury. First time he's healthy in a while. If this is his "ceiling" you're still not gonna find anyone whos giving you 13 6 off the wire. Hes a fine 13th man in a 12 man league. 


I think people underestimate just how deep 12 man leagues are for pickups now. I’ve made the argument to friends that 12 man is the new 10 man, it’s because the talent pool has grown by leaps and bounds.

In the past if this many star players went down people would be reeling, I look at my league and people are able to just plug and play anybody and they’re still putting up insane weekly stats across the board.

Teams have so much depth and talent, the parity is much better, but it also means that teams in your league will be able to make impactful pickups just by virtue of the depth of the league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll always bet on IT, as long as he has the opportunity he'll make something out of it.

 

That said, I think his ability to get to the line is going to be the difference of him being top top 50-100 and where he's at right now. I think he can get to 4-5 times a game if the minutes increase, and they keep losing with Beal chucking.

 

I've seen him initiate contact and harp on the refs for and 1's, he's trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 7:30 PM, ComeOnAndSlam said:

 

They definitely have.  IT is a shell of a his former self.  He may say he's healthy but 'healthy' is relative.  He's lost a lot of his athleticism and now he just doesn't have the same ability to move like he did compared to a few seasons ago.  He's always been horrible on D but now he's not as good on O either.  What we're seeing now from him now production wise is probably as good as it's going to get especially playing in this team/system.  He'll probably have a few nights where he's lights out from deep but watching him trying to drive and get separation from defenders in the paint is kind of sad.


I haven't scouted him this year. Anyone else want to chime in on how he looks as opposed to the stats? How's his burst/quickness? Wizards fans keep complaining that he's getting chewed up on D but he was never good on D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eltoro said:


I haven't scouted him this year. Anyone else want to chime in on how he looks as opposed to the stats? How's his burst/quickness? Wizards fans keep complaining that he's getting chewed up on D but he was never good on D. 

 

Well I was in the Wizards reddit game thread yesterday, and they kept on complaining about his D, for why they were losing leads, when it was Thomas Bryant getting his a** handed to him on Vucevic post ups.

 

I'm like, what the hell are you guys looking at.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

how do i look up all FGs for other players like you have here for IT?  this is a good tool

Search for player's name, click on the word "profile" then click "Advanced Box Scores" then click on the blue highlighted stat number.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...