s-kayos

Mikal Bridges 2019-2020 Outlook

16 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Don’t think Bacon should be considered a steals guy considered he’s never had a history of steals production even in college, but agree with the rest.

Pat Beverley is another name that should be mentioned - a great PG for the last few rounds if one wants to shore up their steals.

green is injury prone, i dont have high hopes for him this season

10 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

With point 3, who are the other guys you are targeting for steals late? Im thinking after Mikal you only have Smart, Bazegod and who else? Looking for guys who will play a lot as I also believe in getting 3s and steals late. 

9 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

Smart is golden for steals, that much is guaranteed even if he only gets 25 mpg. Id be happy to get 1.5 threes from him. 

Love Kyle, but his ugly year last year made me sour on the guy. 

Im thinking Danny Green - should get all the minutes he can handle. Bacon also with all the playing time he is going to get.

For late-ish steals off the top of my head there's -

Mikal / Miles

Smart

Bazegod

Isaac

PJ Tucker

Danny Green

Dejounte (one day he might lead the league in steals)

Derrick White (1/1/1)

Sato

Delon

Huerter + FVV (not great but chips in and can be slightly above average this year with more minutes)

Nance (usually doesn't fall far enough for me to grab him)

Gasol, WCJ, Looney, and Dedmon at around 1 steal / game for a big has some value

Patrick Beverley

Thad Young

If you're in a really deep league you could take a flier on Kris Dunn with your last pick...if he gets over 20 min/night he could be just under 1.5 steals I think. 

Cabocolo, Bruce Brown, Slo-Mo as fliers for deeper leagues...

Really deep leagues Devonte Graham...

I wouldn't include Bacon but he could get maybe 0.8 with a very high minutes/game but I think he's probably much closer to 0.4 or 0.5.  I can almost certainly say that his teammate Graham will end up with more steals than Bacon despite less playing time.  

If you take any 2 or 3 of the above average options from rounds 8 or 9 (Smart, Bridges, Delon, Nance, Murray, Bev, Tucker), your steals will be fine.  If it was crap before that, now you're closer to average.  If it was already decent, now you're elite.    

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2019 at 5:40 PM, hipriest69 said:

For late-ish steals off the top of my head there's -

Mikal / Miles

Smart

Bazegod

Isaac

PJ Tucker

Danny Green

Dejounte (one day he might lead the league in steals)

Derrick White (1/1/1)

Sato

Delon

Huerter + FVV (not great but chips in and can be slightly above average this year with more minutes)

Nance (usually doesn't fall far enough for me to grab him)

Gasol, WCJ, Looney, and Dedmon at around 1 steal / game for a big has some value

Patrick Beverley

Thad Young

If you're in a really deep league you could take a flier on Kris Dunn with your last pick...if he gets over 20 min/night he could be just under 1.5 steals I think. 

Cabocolo, Bruce Brown, Slo-Mo as fliers for deeper leagues...

Really deep leagues Devonte Graham...

I wouldn't include Bacon but he could get maybe 0.8 with a very high minutes/game but I think he's probably much closer to 0.4 or 0.5.  I can almost certainly say that his teammate Graham will end up with more steals than Bacon despite less playing time.  

If you take any 2 or 3 of the above average options from rounds 8 or 9 (Smart, Bridges, Delon, Nance, Murray, Bev, Tucker), your steals will be fine.  If it was crap before that, now you're closer to average.  If it was already decent, now you're elite.    

Matisse Thybulle will average more steals and blocks than everyone you listed. The path to 24 minutes is relatively unobstructed. Especially with the load management boys Embiid and Al Horford.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, justaguy said:

Matisse Thybulle will average more steals and blocks than everyone you listed. The path to 24 minutes is relatively unobstructed. Especially with the load management boys Embiid and Al Horford.

That's a bold statement considering Mikal Bridges ranked 8th in the whole league last year in steals.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

That's a bold statement considering Mikal Bridges ranked 8th in the whole league last year in steals.

Yeah. Oubre is in town for the full season now and that will likely cut into his production. I have Mikal on one of my teams, so I'm rooting for him. I just really like Matisse

3 hours ago, justaguy said:

Yeah. Oubre is in town for the full season now and that will likely cut into his production. I have Mikal on one of my teams, so I'm rooting for him. I just really like Matisse

That didn't cut down on anything last year.

• Like 1

The 3 steals were nice but man was he rest of the line dissapointing. At least Thybulle can get blocks.

Anybody saw the game? Did the start the 2nd half when the suns made their run?

11 hours ago, Extra_Rice said:

The 3 steals were nice but man was he rest of the line dissapointing. At least Thybulle can get blocks.

Anybody saw the game? Did the start the 2nd half when the suns made their run?

Yeah, Oubre played a lot of minutes and Mikal only played sparingly. He was playing the 3/4 alongside Rubio, Booker, Oubre and Ayton for short spurts. I don't like how his minutes are so low....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bball961 said:

Any upside with Ayton out for a few weeks?

They may play some ball line ups with Oubre at the 4 and Saric at the 5 - that would be good news for Mikal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bball961 said:

Any upside with Ayton out for a few weeks?

Absolutely.  More than Baynes or Kaminsky...

2 minutes ago, dorwell said:

3 minutes to go in the third and he played barely 9 min. 😥

Not liking this at all.... he should be starting. Fits better in the starting lineup.

This is somewhat concerning. It also doesn't make much sense since he's by far the Sun's best perimeter defender.

time to drop this loser.  im not losing out on an early season FA pick up that can make or break your team for this bum

If anyone got the chance to watch the game I'd definitely appreciate your perspective here. His rotation minutes are very concerning.

39 minutes ago, lilremix328 said:

Had to drop... Oubre coming back killed his value.

His value was fine when Oubre was around last season.