s-kayos

Mikal Bridges 2019-2020 Outlook

On 10/4/2019 at 4:22 PM, hipriest69 said:

Sorry that would be a terrible move fyi but to each his/her own

not that terrible now is it? glad i made it after he got dropped after an initial good game. 

clarke has been solid 

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 5:50 AM, Spyplane said:

Early days, people. Early days.

Is he rosterable as a stash rn in 12 mans ?? 

35 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Is he rosterable as a stash rn in 12 mans ?? 

Depends on your WW options and your team needs.

2 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

not that terrible now is it? glad i made it after he got dropped after an initial good game. 

clarke has been solid 

Nice!  Clarke has been really good.  Mikal has been standing in the corner doing nothing.  Bridges was drafted top 100 in almost every draft I was in.  It's 2 games in, but that's why you just never know...

the problem with Bridges is he just have one good category, steals, he is not even shooting many 3 pointers.

1 hour ago, RipCity0 said:

the problem with Bridges is he just have one good category, steals, he is not even shooting many 3 pointers.

He doesn't hurt you in any cat either, and he should provide threes and good efficiency once he starts getting shots up (still hopeful this happens). 

42 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

He doesn't hurt you in any cat either, and he should provide threes and good efficiency once he starts getting shots up (still hopeful this happens). 

Well he had only 1.3 last season and i suppose he will not reach 30 mins this season. He is not good even for 3s. At least he doesn't hurt efficiency cats. It seems he will be on and off rosters all year long.

Edited by RipCity0

42 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Not really true though; his 8.3 ppg last year meant a -1.21 Z-score. Actually he only had two positive cats (steals and TO) and a neutral one (FT%). His FG% has significant impact, and his blocks won't hurt you (0.5). So yeah, he doesn't hurt you like classic punt (FG/FT/TO) players can because he doesn't hurt you in the efficiency cats, but he does hurt you in some cats (mostly pts & rebs).

Has any young potential breakout player been marginalized as hard as Bridges this season? Wow ... thought he would improve upon last season and be a real solid glue guy. Missed that one! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jessie said:

time to say goodbye?

Pretty close. Just keep an eye on him, and get ready to pounce if one of Booker/Oubre go down.

he is not getting enough minutes to be a 12 team value guy. clear drop candidate until further notice. 

1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

Huge wing longjam and he isn't productive. Cut.

It's actually Rubio that is killing his value. Booker doesn't have to play PG anymore, so Mikal is only getting back up minutes at the 2 and 3. I have the luxury of holding him in dynasty and hopefully PHX will go smaller and get him more minutes, but in a redraft I would've moved on by now.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 10:09 PM, Spyplane said:

That didn't cut down on anything last year.

Hey, what was this you were saying about Mikal not having his minutes cut back this year/ will average more steals than Matisse? 

12 hours ago, justaguy said:

Hey, what was this you were saying about Mikal not having his minutes cut back this year/ will average more steals than Matisse? 

I'm flattered my words had so much power over you. Early times minion. Early times.

2 hours ago, a-rob said:

getting closer and closer to dropping him for a hot FA

Lol man there has to be others out there you can pick up. Mikal should have been dropped awhile ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a-rob said:

getting closer and closer to dropping him for a hot FA

You better run and get Thybulle. He is basically Mikal last year with blocks

• Like 1

He showed us last night why he's a hold in competitive deep leagues. He's been in the top 140 for his last three games and that's good value for a specialized player in a deep league... Unless you overpaid for him. If you're in a league will people who are trigger happy at the first sign of adversity and he's on your WW then you should think long and hard about his upside should he break free. I don't think he'll be under 20 MPG all season.

Edited by Spyplane

6 hours ago, Spyplane said:

He showed us last night why he's a hold in competitive deep leagues. He's been in the top 140 for his last three games and that's good value for a specialized player in a deep league... Unless you overpaid for him. If you're in a league will people who are trigger happy at the first sign of adversity and he's on your WW then you should think long and hard about his upside should he break free. I don't think he'll be under 20 MPG all season.

Disagree. Oubre's just better then him. I'd go for a guy like thybulle over him whos literally a guranteed 2 steals 1 block a game. That's where bridges values lies an he needs more minutes to produce at a top tier level. IF nunn was on the wire and bridges was your worst player you shouldve dropped him for nunn no brainer. Issue is people overpaid like you said and they hold onto the players for way too long. 

Mikal's problem this year us that they have a real team, with a real rotation under a new coach. They are not coddling raw athletes with "potential" anymore, and not tanking.

The bigs rotation is well stocked. They have Oubre holding down the SF job well. And I hear that guy Booker is alright.

Bottom line: The team strategy shifted, and Mikal did not improve as a player.

4 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Mikal's problem this year us that they have a real team, with a real rotation under a new coach. They are not coddling raw athletes with "potential" anymore, and not tanking.

The bigs rotation is well stocked. They have Oubre holding down the SF job well. And I hear that guy Booker is alright.

Bottom line: The team strategy shifted, and Mikal did not improve as a player.

Still a statue in the corner on offense sadly