s-kayos

Mikal Bridges 2019-2020 Outlook

50 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He's just not really involved in the offense, shots not that bad.

The main problem I found with him last year is he is just way too passive on offense. For a 3 and D guy you need someone who will take enough attempts to be a steady contributor and I rarely found this guy eclipsing 8. This year it's even worse with reduced minutes. 

Seems like his only way out of that situation is injuries, but even as a starter last year he was never a sure thing outside of steals

Entering the league Mikal Bridges was shooting 44% from downtown and had a faster release than Klay Thompson. 

This guy just doesn’t want the shot or the spotlight. All he does is pass the ball immediately or be in places so he doesn’t have to get the ball. 

Its funny that the debate was Mikal Bridges or Matisse Thybulle. Right now it looks like 💩 or 💩

But its funny looking back at those talking smack about it. Where are they now? Hmm... 

Probably my biggest draft regret so far. I was hoping he would improve to 11-12 ppg, 1.8-2.0 3pm, 1.8 stl... but he's absolutely worthless out there right now.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Attention there has been a Mikal Bridges sighting in Sacramento tonight.

This guy doesn't have the personality to climb the depth chart.

I'm sure a lot of mgrs that picked him up for the steal upside w/ PHX 5 game schedule this week are pleasantly surprised with tonight's performance.  I know I am.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

This guy doesn't have the personality to climb the depth chart.

Well he probably has some short-term appeal. Rubio should be out for couple games?

2 hours ago, 80version said:

I'm sure a lot of mgrs that picked him up for the steal upside w/ PHX 5 game schedule this week are pleasantly surprised with tonight's performance.  I know I am.  

same thoughts 

I think last game's performance is a strong indicator that the biggest roadblock for Mikal in getting minutes is not Oubre's breakout but rather the signing of Rubio. With Rubio out in the 2nd half, Mikal slid over to the 2 at times and played alongside Booker & Oubre.

Rubio did aggravate his back injury, so hopefully Mikal takes advantage of this opportunity.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:15 AM, hl782 said:

I think last game's performance is a strong indicator that the biggest roadblock for Mikal in getting minutes is not Oubre's breakout but rather the signing of Rubio. With Rubio out in the 2nd half, Mikal slid over to the 2 at times and played alongside Booker & Oubre.

Rubio did aggravate his back injury, so hopefully Mikal takes advantage of this opportunity.

Looks legit. Mikal is playing well right now. But would there be any possibility they shift Oubre to 4 and insert Mikal at 3 when Rubio comes back?

He essentially played the 4 today (subbed in for Saric). Could be a matchup based move since NOP had Ingram and Kenny playing the 4/5 in their small ball lineup.

Don’t know what their rotation would look like if Baynes or Ayton comes back, but he’s making a good case for an increase in minutes/role.

3 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

I vote for Mikal to become a starter over Saric, Pho needs his hustle/defense and tree in the corner on offense.

Oubre could definitely play small ball 4 with Mikal and Booker. It should be 4 out around Ayton when he is back. Hope fully this strong play sticks and the minutes are there.

The best move for Phoenix to do is start Mikal at the 3 and play Oubre as a 6th man. Mikal is technically the better fit next to Ayton and Booker as an off the ball guy and is Phoenix's best perimeter defender. I think Oubre might have outgrown the 6th man role. We'll have to see.

1 hour ago, hl782 said:

The best move for Phoenix to do is start Mikal at the 3 and play Oubre as a 6th man. Mikal is technically the better fit next to Ayton and Booker as an off the ball guy and is Phoenix's best perimeter defender. I think Oubre might have outgrown the 6th man role. We'll have to see.

This is an understatement.  Monty loves Oubre, he’s become a fan favorite and this guy will see 30+ mins starting along side Rubio so long as they’re healthy.  Ayton returning is probably not helping MB to see more court time.  

Mikal’s situation is unfortunate, but it is what it is.  Good to stream in standard leagues when PHO starting backcourt/wings miss games but may not have any appeal outside of deep leagues otherwise. 

2 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Anyone know why he got so many minutes tonight?

They use him as a small ball big