Rotoworld.com Forums

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

let's not all forget how much Watson/BO'B love them some Coutee ... he might actually be the better ppr snag 🤷‍♂️

Could be--but Coutee has had problems staying on the field himself.  I like the appeal of Stills getting single coverage every play resulting in some big time Fuller games because Hopkins is on the other side of the field.  

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not me. I am starting again next week and will enjoy his 70 yard touchdown with my early morning Tea & Crumpets.

I've read a few expert reviews stating he should be a #3 WR going forward.  Maybe it's just me but I think Stills is being underrated.  He wouldn't necessarily be a weekly starter for me but regardles

Starting over Lockett.

28 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Before week 7 Fuller averaged 8 targets a game.  Can Stills get to 7?   

Still trying to decide if Stills is worth a #1 waiver claim.  

If Fuller was out indefinitely there would be no hesitation from me but because of his injury history I'm tempted to pull the trigger of Stills.

Anyone else out there considering using alot of FAAB or a high waiver claim on this guy?  

not sure if I’d put in a high waiver claim just yet, might be team and record dependent. FAAB cash - I’d be interested in the $10 region, which is about $5 more than id usually spend on a WR. 

Latest reports show Fuller as looking to miss some serious time, no actual timetable yet, but it’s week 7. I’m dropping Fuller this week. 

Stills is tied to an elite QB so that’s got to be worth something. 

6 hours ago, vinovinovino said:

not sure if I’d put in a high waiver claim just yet, might be team and record dependent. FAAB cash - I’d be interested in the $10 region, which is about $5 more than id usually spend on a WR. 

Latest reports show Fuller as looking to miss some serious time, no actual timetable yet, but it’s week 7. I’m dropping Fuller this week. 

Stills is tied to an elite QB so that’s got to be worth something. 

Just yet?  How long do you recommend waiting?  

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Evincar said:

He's a much better WR than Fuller. A must add.

Yes without a doubt.  I'm strongly considering using my #1 waiver on him.  Maybe I'm missing something here but he's now the #2 WR who has an elite aggressive QB that loves to push the ball downfield. 

Hopkins draws #1 corner away from him always giving him favorable match-ups. 

Couple that with Stills amazing history catch efficiency and I'm struggling to think of what's not to like?   

• Like 2
7 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Yes without a doubt.  I'm strongly considering using my #1 waiver on him.  Maybe I'm missing something here but he's now the #2 WR who has an elite aggressive QB that loves to push the ball downfield. 

Hopkins draws #1 corner away from him always giving him favorable match-ups. 

Couple that with Stills amazing history catch efficiency and I'm struggling to think of what's not to like?   

I'm thinking hard about using the #1 on him too. Unless AJG ever suits back up I'm weak at WR2 (metcalf/samuels) and Stills seems REALLY tempting. As someone mentioned earlier here, Coutee has issues staying on the field too. 

2 hours ago, Neauxls said:

I'm thinking hard about using the #1 on him too. Unless AJG ever suits back up I'm weak at WR2 (metcalf/samuels) and Stills seems REALLY tempting. As someone mentioned earlier here, Coutee has issues staying on the field too. 

Upside:  Everything I mentioned in my previous post.

Downside:  Fuller returns soon (but guy has never been able to stay on the field and play 16 games).  Target distribution--Hopkins eats everything and Stills gets only 3-5 targets a game? 

22 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Downside:  Fuller returns soon (but guy has never been able to stay on the field and play 16 games).  Target distribution--Hopkins eats everything and Stills gets only 3-5 targets a game? 

I'm not even moderately worried about Coutee he will have the same role as when they're all healthy in regards to game ceilings targets etc bleh, Stills is the guy to own here Watson has spoken glowingly of him and they already seem to have a connection. 

• Like 1

He’s a must add. He becomes the primary deep threat. One play away from catching a long TD every Watson throw. Why wouldn’t you want a piece of that action. Those worried about fuller returning this guy is never healthy. He’s almost a non factor. 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Look at Fuller's history and initial report. Rarely on hamstrings are initial reports ever worse than expected. Minimum Fuller is out 3-4 weeks, imo, but more likely to be 5-6. That's the final stretch of the regular season. 

Hopkins has been and will be the big target share guy, no doubt, but Stills has both his old role and Fullers to fill in for. I'd expect 5-9 targets with at least 2 deep shots a game. Considering Stills' track record and what he's shown so far in Houston I see him as a high end WR3 with boom potential but less bust potential.

I'm basically thinking he's a slightly more dependable Will Fuller and his upside has me ready to bid somewhere in the $17-21 range, I think. I also have Hopkins so and my WR3s are not dependable so I like hedging a bit and getting the upside both players have.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CroNY said:

I'm not even moderately worried about Coutee he will have the same role as when they're all healthy in regards to game ceilings targets etc bleh, Stills is the guy to own here Watson has spoken glowingly of him and they already seem to have a connection. 

I've read a few expert reviews stating he should be a #3 WR going forward.  Maybe it's just me but I think Stills is being underrated.  He wouldn't necessarily be a weekly starter for me but regardless I LOVE him as an excellent depth piece and a player I don't want landing on someone else's team.

Another poster said he wouldn't use the #1 claim on him.  To me it's close on burning it.  I don't know where you're going to find a better situation with a WR playing a full-time role with an elite QB with an elite WR drawing away #1 corners every week this late in the season.  

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Another poster said he wouldn't use the #1 claim on him.  To me it's close on burning it.  I don't know where you're going to find a better situation with a WR playing a full-time role with an elite QB with an elite WR drawing away #1 corners every week this late in the season.  

This is a great point. Sold.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

I've read a few expert reviews stating he should be a #3 WR going forward.  Maybe it's just me but I think Stills is being underrated.  He wouldn't necessarily be a weekly starter for me but regardless I LOVE him as an excellent depth piece and a player I don't want landing on someone else's team.

I agree. I'm playing against a WR needy team and he gets OAKLAND this week. 100 and a TD coming right up on a silver platter and if not, well it was still a better chance than not to get it. I also agree that more than ever, Watson has shown he can make reads and spread the ball around. That's why Fuller and the TEs have been a lot more involved.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

This is a great point. Sold.

Also keep in mind.  Watson is perhaps the most aggressive deep-shot throwing QB in the league.  I didn't see the last game but Stills got two-40 yard chunk plays.  Like someone else said.  It appears Watson and Stills have developed a strong passing rapport.   

I'm optimistic Stills is being underrated by most experts and he's currently flying under the radar.  

7 minutes ago, aapox said:

hmm, two birds of the same feather. i think I'd slightly prefer Marvin Jones ROS. He's just more of a complete receiver and the target tree there is a little thinner.

That gives you (us) a barometer of Stills value right now.  MJ was drafted in all leagues I know of.

To get Stills this late in the season and be considered on par with MJ indicates he has good to great potential ROS. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Are Fuller owners dropping him if you can land this guy?

Just discussing this in the Fuller thread...  I can't see having both on your roster outside of really deep leagues.  I am likely putting in a claim on him dropping Fuller.  I am concerned about playoff time if they are both healthy though.

47 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Are Fuller owners dropping him if you can land this guy?

He's a safe drop imo. Hamstring injuries can linger on and given that it's a significant injury, even if he does come back a few weeks later, the chances of reaggravation will be too high. Not worth the headache.

Edited by MadMaxMariota
  • Like 2

With trades going down today and more likely to happen, does anyone know if the Texans are shopping for another WR?

I like Stills outlook going forward but I'm out if they bring in someone else.  

Think it's a good question to ask, with some of us looking to pick him up.  We want to be careful to avoid losing FAAB or waste a waiver claim. 

Any rumors or chatter?  Or nothing to worry about here?

22 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

With trades going down today and more likely to happen, does anyone know if the Texans are shopping for another WR?

I like Stills outlook going forward but I'm out if they bring in someone else.  

Think it's a good question to ask, with some of us looking to pick him up.  We want to be careful to avoid losing FAAB or waste a waiver claim. 

Any rumors or chatter?  Or nothing to worry about here?

I HIGHLY doubt they bring in anyone else other than a pure depth guy. They already have a really good/deep WR group so a trade doesn't really make much sense, and there's no free agent available right now (except for AB I guess lol) who is good enough to really eat into stills/coutee's targets. 

• Like 1

I know Fuller is very injury prone but the reason Stills isn't worth the #1 waiver is Fuller will be back, likely just before fantasy playoffs. So you're burning your #1 for a low-end WR2 for potentially only three games (bye week 10). 

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

No shot. Do they even have any trade assets left after all the dumb ones made this season?

• Like 1