Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Little Birdie

Kenny Stills 2019 Outlook

got him off waivers and using as wr3, expecting a td against the raiders this week. See him and fuller bout same but stills with the better hands.

Edited by Rozr1
  • Thanks 1

I feel like most people have him too low in rankings.I don't quite understand how hes not projected for a bigger game against Oakland. GB scored 42 on them last week.

Edited by CitizenJ

1 minute ago, CitizenJ said:

I feel like most people have him too low in rankings.I don't quite understand how hes not projected for a bigger game against Oakland. GB scored 42 on them last week.

I am playing him in standard over a bunch of people, including Hunter Henry, Ekeler or Edmonds, Larry Fitz. And if it doesn't click, I'm okay with that. GB just annihilated Oakland's secondary, like you said, and I expect that to happen again.

Just remember, at some point OAK's secondary will 'show up' and look good for a week. Look at what Engram did vs. Arizona last week. DUD.

Just now, Pooskay said:

Just remember, at some point OAK's secondary will 'show up' and look good for a week. Look at what Engram did vs. Arizona last week. DUD.

perhaps ...

but this has all the makings of the Nuk breakout game - talkin' along the lines of 15/226/3 kinda carnage ... scraps for the others. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pooskay said:

How does that have any correlation to Oakland's secondary..

Just now, oresteszero said:

How does that have any correlation to Oakland's secondary..

anything can happen in the NFL

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

perhaps ...

but this has all the makings of the Nuk breakout game - talkin' along the lines of 15/226/3 kinda carnage ... scraps for the others. 

He looked better last week from whatever was mysteriously plaguing him.

Looking at Kenny's game logs, he doesn't usually follow up a big game with another.  I'm sure there a ton of circumstances around that, but I tend to agree with the idea that Still's last week's effort from a game planning prospective means less bracket coverage for Nuk by the Raiders...

• Thanks 1

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

He looked better last week from whatever was mysteriously plaguing him.

Looking at Kenny's game logs, he doesn't usually follow up a big game with another.  I'm sure there a ton of circumstances around that, but I tend to agree with the idea that Still's last week's effort from a game planning prospective means less bracket coverage for Nuk by the Raiders...

Didn't he play for Miami last year..

Just now, oresteszero said:

Didn't he play for Miami last year..

Yep, and New Orleans before that.

I'm saying throughout his career.

Some of these deep threat dudes go on hot streaks more, some have big games and then the following week draw more attention from a defense freeing up opportunities for other guys.

We don't know how it'll play in Houston, obviously, but previously in Kenny's career, he was the latter.

It's not as if Houston has a ton of mouths to feed, but they have a big mouth bass that's starving.

2 hours ago, fullonchubb said:

Will Fuller wasn't even really a WR2. He was more like a WR3 with WR2 upside.  Do we really think he's going to come in and be as good or better than Fuller? I'm not convinced.

Saying this as someone who just picked him up off the waiver wire.

Right, but Fuller and Stills shared a lot of looks downfield. Snap share should go up and targets are more condensed.

33 minutes ago, CitizenJ said:

Yeah but GB has a lot of STUD WRs and a QB who has been slinging it all season.

16 minutes ago, yanksman said:

The only stud receiver Green Bay has is hurt right now.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Well I mean they really didn’t against the Raiders. MVS and Allison are not studs and they were banged up. Lazard and Kumerow are definitely not studs. Rodgers played great and made them look better. Regardless, I see no reason Stills can’t be a good flex this week. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BeGreat said:

The only stud receiver Green Bay has is hurt right now.

14 minutes ago, MellamoMike said:

Well I mean they really didn’t against the Raiders. MVS and Allison are not studs and they were banged up. Lazard and Kumerow are definitely not studs. Rodgers played great and made them look better. Regardless, I see no reason Stills can’t be a good flex this week. 

You guys need to recalibrate your sarcasm detectors

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, yanksman said:

What does Houston have?

A QB in the running for MVP

A WR who is a top 5 talent in the NFL drawing double coverage and opposing CB1's

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

You guys need to recalibrate your sarcasm detectors

Shoulda added a winky face I guess 😂 Internet sarcasm is legit hard

• Like 1

yo! im starting this guy over odell this week.  matchup Juicy for stills [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Fuller is just fast.  He's not a great WR.  He's dropped 3TDs! 

Stills is a overall better player and route runner.

As far as Fuller making it back, there's no telling.  He has a bad history of hamstring issues and initial report of the current one states he's already been ruled out MULTIPLE games.  I personally think he's out at least 6 weeks.  If he comes back two soon.....one tweak and he's done for the year for sure.   

Stills could steal the job and never give it back.  

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Fuller is just fast.  He's not a great WR.  He's dropped 3TDs! 

Stills is a overall better player and route runner.

As far as Fuller making it back, there's no telling.  He has a bad history of hamstring issues and initial report of the current one states he's already been ruled out MULTIPLE games.  I personally think he's out at least 6 weeks.  If he comes back two soon.....one tweak and he's done for the year for sure.   

Stills could steal the job and never give it back.  

Who are some examples of receivers you would play him over? I'm having a hard time judging his value in comparison to more established WRs.

7 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Who are some examples of receivers you would play him over? I'm having a hard time judging his value in comparison to more established WRs.

In PPR this week I'd play him over Boyd, Robert Woods, Marvin Jones and Fitz and probably a bold move over Beckham.  

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

In PPR this week I'd play him over Boyd, Robert Woods, Marvin Jones and Fitz and probably a bold move over Beckham.  

Im playing him over TY and Chark

11 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

I appreciate that, that definitely helps me judge his value. I'll be excited to see how he plays this week, but it doesn't look like I'll be putting him in my lineup.

1 minute ago, fullonchubb said:

I appreciate that, that definitely helps me judge his value. I'll be excited to see how he plays this week, but it doesn't look like I'll be putting him in my lineup.

Who do you have that's starting over him?

Well Diggs is a fairly obvious choice, but I also have Allen Robinson and JuJu starting over him.  Robinson is a great receiver but Trubisky makes me nervous. And with JuJu, I mean another great receiver but he hasn't really had a game where I was happy with his production outside of maybe one.  But JuJu is playing the Dolphins this week so I feel like I almost have to.

Edited by fullonchubb
  • Like 1