Dirty Little Birdie

Kenny Stills 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

So he’s had a better more consistent season than 19/20 top WRs 

Hmm, I don’t know if I’d go that far. I mean, take away his big Week 3, and he’s giving you consistent DJ Moore/Christian Kirk numbers. Nothing wrong with that, it’s just not spectacular. Chris Godwin is averaging 10 more points per game than Lockett, and that’s with a 7 pointer. Kupp is still averaging 5 more points per week, and that’s with a 5 point game. Lockett has been perfectly fine, but to say he’s having a better, more consistent season than any WR outside Michael Thomas is simply false. 

Edited by JoeJoe88

4 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

take away his big Week 3

Ah the old cherrypicking stats approach.

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Ah the old cherrypicking stats approach.

Or just pointing out an outlier 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Or just pointing out an outlier 🤷‍♂️

It's no more of an outlier than Godwins 35 and 28 point games.

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

It's no more of an outlier than Godwins 35 and 28 point games.

Lol, try again. He’s had a 44,34, 28 and 29 already this season. Are they all outliers? 

Julio had 2 duds, deandre 2 duds, Davante and Tyreek and ab missed games from injury or dumbassery, Evans duds, Odell duds, woods duds cooks duds; literally the only players drafted in the top 20 less frustrating than Lockett is m Thomas and Godwin (who wasn’t always ranked as a top 20 draft pick. ). 

30 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Lol, try again. He’s had a 44,34, 28 and 29 already this season. Are they all outliers? 

I'm saying no game for either receiver is an outlier genius. 

• Haha 1

Just now, RingMyBell said:

Scrub

Did Watson attempt any deep shots to him today? I feel like Watson usually heaves it down the field a couple times a game. 

4 minutes ago, affliction said:

TRASSSSHHHHH

Yup. There’s maybe 20 good fantasy players. Including the Patriots defense. Everyone else is trash; a complete dart throw from week to week. This silly game is nothing but luck. That’s why it’s so popular. 

oh yea, dropped!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2019 at 12:45 PM, JE7HorseGod said:

He looked better last week from whatever was mysteriously plaguing him.

Looking at Kenny's game logs, he doesn't usually follow up a big game with another.  I'm sure there a ton of circumstances around that, but I tend to agree with the idea that Still's last week's effort from a game planning prospective means less bracket coverage for Nuk by the Raiders...

Well PoM, looks like you were right on the money...

Say what?  You played him anyway?  Say it ain't so Joe.

This is the end result of hype and too many people making money on fake football.   

instead of jumping the shark.  It should now be called jumping the Stills. 

3 hours ago, poofinger said:

This is the end result of hype and too many people making money on fake football.   

instead of jumping the shark.  It should now be called jumping the Stills. 

Stills is the archetype of a boom or bust player, I would've hoped everyone who added/played him this week knew that.  With those types of players (Stills, Fuller, DJax), you take the risk of a floor game for the benefit of the upside of a blow up game.  The script was right today along with the matchup, but apparently Darren Fells had something to say about that. Would've been great for him to put up better numbers, but this performance was always a possibility as well.

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 1

This is the type of situation where everyone started him this week he sucked now he goes to the bench and blows up.