The 7th Beatles

Deshaun Watson 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

12 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I wish I knew how to put the Lebron GIF of him looking up at the scoreboard right here 

Did you see what the Ravens did to them? And yes I know they just shut down a very good Dallas offense, but it was on the road in a hurricane. The Pats' D has feasted on absolutely terrible teams. I'm not saying the defense is bad, but I wouldn't consider it elite. 

11 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

Yeah I mean he doesn't get any designed runs...he does take it himself via RPO in the RZ though ..which I appreciate at least. 

Rushed for 49+ yards in 4 of his last 7 games last season. Hasn't topped that mark once this season. Unfortunately he's running less and less. He'd be more of like a Minshew type runner these days. They essentially never run designed run plays for him. He hands off the RPOs most of the time. He will still run it in in the redzone at least

My season is on the line and I know how bad Watson is when under pressure and against a good team, with that being said...I have no problem benching him for Kyler Murray this week! Even if Watson has a good game (16-20) points I think Kyler gets that as well or surpasses it without all the stress I will endure watching Hoodie swallow Watson whole for dinner. 

On 11/27/2019 at 11:17 AM, iretirefromfantasy said:

My season is on the line and I know how bad Watson is when under pressure and against a good team, with that being said...I have no problem benching him for Kyler Murray this week! Even if Watson has a good game (16-20) points I think Kyler gets that as well or surpasses it without all the stress I will endure watching Hoodie swallow Watson whole for dinner. 

I'd start Kyler ALL day long over Watson this week. 

I've said it in here before but Watson starts out SO slow. I can't tell you how many weeks he's had like 1 point after the first quarter. It's painful to watch. Kyler has been as productive lately and has a far better matchup. 

I expect Watson to have a pretty rough week, 12-16 points. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I've said it in here before but Watson starts out SO slow. I can't tell you how many weeks he's had like 1 point after the first quarter. It's painful to watch. Kyler has been as productive lately and has a far better matchup. 

I expect Watson to have a pretty rough week, 12-16 points. 

It's Deshaun Watson you gotta start him . At the end of the day , are we not men ? 

7 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28189959/as-illnesses-hit-patriots-17-questionable-vs-texans%3fplatform=amp

The Pats have flu. They’ll likely all play, but I’m sure it’ll have some impact on their fitness.

Starting w confidence.  Home, +Fuller, sick Pats.  We’re fine. 

6 hours ago, RunCMC said:

It's Deshaun Watson you gotta start him . At the end of the day , are we not men ? 

I hear you, and I generally subscribe to that. But a few weeks ago I really wanted to start Josh Allen over Watson but hearing it out loud I just couldn't pull the trigger. Allen outscored him by 28. Watson isn't a set and forget anymore unfortunately, especially against a defense that has completely shut down everyone but Lamar. 

Darnold is on waivers in a lot of leagues and unless that weather looks real bad tomorrow he's a better start than Watson IMO. You could even make an argument for Foles if the wind is sub 20mph, and I'm sure he's widely available. 

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2019 at 6:49 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

This didn’t age well lol. Hopefully you didn’t start Kyler or Foles this week. 

Edited by Ryansm11

21 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I hear you, and I generally subscribe to that. But a few weeks ago I really wanted to start Josh Allen over Watson but hearing it out loud I just couldn't pull the trigger. Allen outscored him by 28. Watson isn't a set and forget anymore unfortunately, especially against a defense that has completely shut down everyone but Lamar. 

Darnold is on waivers in a lot of leagues and unless that weather looks real bad tomorrow he's a better start than Watson IMO. You could even make an argument for Foles if the wind is sub 20mph, and I'm sure he's widely available. 

Delete these before everyone gets in here lol. Watson = set and forget. That’s my ride or die 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

They really need to keep Duke Johnson out there 

Completely changes the offense and gives Watson an electric checkdown. I think we’ve all said for weeks he needs more targets. 

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Completely changes the offense and gives Watson an electric checkdown. I think we’ve all said for weeks he needs more targets. 

Ive been saying this all last year with lamar miller. They need to check down to any RB just to get out of trouble and give watson more time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

They really need to keep Duke Johnson out there 

100% agree he gave the offense such a boost tonight, the whole offense just flowed better. 

11 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

This didn’t age well lol. Hopefully you didn’t start Kyler or Foles this week. 

No it did not. I did go Allen over Watson which was wrong, but should only cost me a few points luckily. 

11 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Delete these before everyone gets in here lol. Watson = set and forget. That’s my ride or die 

Yeah I'm eating crow on this one for sure. That 5 point performance against the Ravens was just SO brutal it was really concerning to me. As a Watson owner I was thrilled to see him carve up the Pats because he doesn't have a great matchup with Denver this week so this makes me more optimistic. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NinerLifer said:

100% agree he gave the offense such a boost tonight, the whole offense just flowed better. 

This is a MUCH better offense with Duke getting the majority of the snaps because it's more unpredictable. When Hyde's in the defense essentially knows what's happening. I feel like they're horribly mismanaged Duke thus far this year, hopefully this is a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

As a Watson owner I was thrilled to see him carve up the Pats because he doesn't have a great matchup with Denver this week so this makes me more optimistic. 

I think we were all nervous for this matchup, I feel much better about Denver now though. Tenn and the Bucs to wrap up the fantasy season, should cement a top 4 finish at the position I imagine. His ADP was high, but it’ll pay off if he can finish there. 

• Like 1

great performance vs a tough d....i overthought it and got burned with Darnold on the "good" matchup - cant do that in the playoffs......feel better after this game....tough D with Denver but not as good as NE and it is home which helps....

Watson is going to wreck things this week. This is the point in the season where the teams that make it to the Super Bowl get on a hot run, and I think that with the way Houston's schedule lines up going forward, that they really start cooking during this stretch run. The Denver defense is actually hot garbage and not at all what they used to be. I expect Watson to have a very big day. Also, Denver is in the midst of @Minn, @Buff, back home to Denver and then right back out to Houston, which seems hella tiring and probably another factor in what I expect to be a big Houston victory.

• Like 2

The report is now that Von Miller will play for Denver today,  Houston will be without Will Fuller as well and Chris Harris will obviously be shadowing Hopkins(the best weapon on this team).

I own Watson and Carson Wentz...... and I think Watson at home is nice,  but if you look at the splits of Deshaun without Fuller versus with him,  his numbers aren't nearly as appealing..... especially with the factors that I've listed above. 

I'm strongly now considering starting Wentz on Monday night football against the trash defense of the Giants albeit in the rain.

47 minutes ago, panthers528 said:

The report is now that Von Miller will play for Denver today,  Houston will be without Will Fuller as well and Chris Harris will obviously be shadowing Hopkins(the best weapon on this team).

I own Watson and Carson Wentz...... and I think Watson at home is nice,  but if you look at the splits of Deshaun without Fuller versus with him,  his numbers aren't nearly as appealing..... especially with the factors that I've listed above. 

I'm strongly now considering starting Wentz on Monday night football against the trash defense of the Giants albeit in the rain.

I’m still going Watson. I’ve benched him once against NE and even that was unforgivable. 

• Like 2

No Fuller and Miller active is absolutely terrible news for his ceiling this week. Still should have a solid game but I think this eliminates any chance at a huge week.