dewaser

Devante Parker 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Illusion_J said:

Seems like you're just trying to find a reason to justify a prior conclusion.  

The story with Parker: always a great talent, frequently injured, did not put in the effort required to succeed in the NFL.  This year he seems healthy (prior to the concussion) and there are stories of him completely buying in, not missing a practice, working on his diet, etc.  For this season, he's set and forget when healthy with Fitzpatrick.  In the future, well, who knows.

I'm just trying to break ties in one direction or another as I agonize over my lineup.

If the consensus is "no brainer," I will listen.

At the moment, for me . . . it's still a brainer.

38 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Well. Is the kinda guy with massive talent and massive disappointment up until now the kinda guy who finally breaks out and then parties with strippers in downtown Miami until he's back to being a massive disappointment? I don't know much about his character but big talent/big disappointment can often fall into that category. The week before the injury, after all, was the apex of his breakout. I'm just trying to turn over every rock here. Is he a flake? A headcase? Going to turn back into a disappointing pumpkin?

Nothing you stated correlates to the recent facts of his production since week 4 until his injury. 

Your process is focused on noise not signal.

The relevant question is will the concussion affect his ability to produce at his pre-injury level.

Edited by dashoe

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Nothing you stated correlates to the recent facts of his production since week 4 until his injury. 

Your process is focused on noise not signal.

The relevant question is will the concussion affect his ability to produce at his pre-injury level.

I don't think it's that simple, because like I said in my original post, Fitz wasn't looking for him the way he was before prior to the injury. We'll never know, but I think a dip in production was coming without the concussion.

However, if we cannot consider what no one else seems to have noticed, then indeed your question is the only one we can answer.

So what do you think?

13 hours ago, Proteus said:

I was watching the game before he went out and Fitz wasn’t looking for him like I expected. Anyone else feeling trust issues, and with the concussion even more so?

He went down playing for 20 minutes. H had 4.8 points. Still on pace for 15. Also Isiah Ford had 9 targets. Parker will gt his 10 if he plays

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Proteus said:

I don't think it's that simple, because like I said in my original post, Fitz wasn't looking for him the way he was before prior to the injury. We'll never know, but I think a dip in production was coming without the concussion.

However, if we cannot consider what no one else seems to have noticed, then indeed your question is the only one we can answer.

So what do you think?

I didn't watch this game, but the game he blew up the week previously, Fitz was absolutely looking for him all game long. I also think points don't lie...he's getting his ever since Preston Williams went down..

Just about every WR is boom or bust, no?

Great WR, on a team where the QB locks in on him first = Great play.

DeVante Parker remains in the concussion protocol.

Coach Brian Flores said Parker will be in the protocol at least "through the end of the week." He should be considered questionable for Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

DeVante Parker remains in the concussion protocol.

Coach Brian Flores said Parker will be in the protocol at least "through the end of the week." He should be considered questionable for Sunday. 

I wouldn't plan on having him this week. What a wasted matchup too. Get well soon. 

Typical uneducated commentary reacting to non-news.  This should help separate facts from fiction:

Concussion protocol is a 5-step process. There used to be a requirement that a player could not advance more than 1 step in a day (so it was a minimum 5-day process), but this is no longer the case. However, Parker is at step 4 based on his participation in practice yesterday and it typically takes at least a day to clear step 4 and step 5. So the earliest he could be cleared would be tomorrow but he would need to evaluated by both the team doc AND the independent neurologist - this often takes more than a day, so Saturday is also possible. Again, this is all assuming he is symptom free and even able to be cleared.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Hoping he suits up, really need him. The matchup is great too, he would see plenty of targets force fed to him.

The Dolphins can't run the football.

2 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Was he the best CB for the Giants?

it's like being the prettiest bearded lady, but ... yes. 

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Was he the best CB for the Giants?

Yes, but not really saying much there. Guess it's best to be the tallest midget in the room. 

Fitzpatrick makes wr's fantasy stars by sheer volume, if Parker is healthy he will be a stud in this game

• Like 2

Seems shady to be negotiating salaries with someone who is concussed...

(I know his agent does most of the work but still...how can they say he was of sound mind at time of signing when he's in the concussion protocol?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Al.Davis said:

Seems shady to be negotiating salaries with someone who is concussed...

(I know his agent does most of the work but still...how can they say he was of sound mind at time of signing when he's in the concussion protocol?)

I'm sure this has been in motion long before last Sunday