dewaser

Devante Parker 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, fourlees said:

Anybody worried about the weather in New York supposed to be windy

Weather never stops Fitz from launching the ball 😂

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Has he cleared?

Haven't seen anything about it yet.  But would be surprised if he doesn't since he practiced without the non contact jersey on friday.

53 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Haven't seen anything about it yet.  But would be surprised if he doesn't since he practiced without the non contact jersey on friday.

He traveled with the team after full practice Friday, sounds like they expect him to play, now I got to decide 

22 minutes ago, fourlees said:

He traveled with the team after full practice Friday, sounds like they expect him to play, now I got to decide 

Yep same here.  Unless weather in NY is horrible think I'm gonna start him over Golladay or Sutton.  Just trust Fitz more to force feed him the ball then those 2 with the Rookie QB's.

ya don't get on one of them fancy, newfangled airborne tubular thingamajigs lest yer cleared - the cabin pressure is actually detrimental to the concussion symptoms/effects - kid's gonna suit up. 

fire up yer Albert Wilson's 📸

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Just now, cbsholy said:

31 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ya don't get on one of them fancy, newfangled airborne tubular thingamajigs lest yer cleared - the cabin pressure is actually detrimental to the concussion symptoms/effects - kid's gonna suit up. 

fire up yer Albert Wilson's 📸

it's science, mofos ✌

• Like 2

word to ya muthas ..

it is windy as fudge up here right now ... forecast fot tomorrow is back to 15-25 sustained. 

caveat emptor ... i love the spot the kid is in vs the Jints, and im'ma prolly lean towards startin' FitzMAGICK ... but, to quote Bobby Zimmerman - 🎶 the wind it was a howlin' 🎶

🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬

For what it's worth, I live in NJ only a 10-minute drive away from MetLife. I was out around 7:30, for about 10 minutes, and didn't find the winds to be an issue at all. They are predicting a windy day on the TV weather forecasts, but it hasn't picked up yet at least by me.

I also checked how Ryan Fitzpatrick has performed in windy conditions. He was on the Jets for the 2015 and 2016 seasons, so he played his home games in MetLife. Now he's of course older and on a different team, but I wanted to see how he performed - and how his top WR's performed - when it was windy at MetLife. I took a look at all his NYJ home games where the winds hit at least 10 MPH. Here are the results...

image.png.6f33ca02a0f4728bb21614221591ec25.png

Overall, Fitzpatrick's WR's have performed very well.

Now four of the above games were only 10-11 MPH winds, and it could end up being higher than 10-11 MPH winds today. But in any case, take from the history what you will.

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Giants secondary was already one of the league's worst and they just cut their best CB. Think ya gotta roll with him, particularly considering that the Dolphins defense can't stop anyone. Could be in for a serious shootout.

Even if it does end up being windy...Parker has been making his money on jump balls.  Even if QB accuracy is impacted, this guy doesn't rely on perfect QB / receiver timing to get his numbers, he has the skillset to catch poorly thrown balls like few others.  Starting regardless of weather.

Guys on Reddit are saying the wind is not a factor ground level in Met Life stadium.  It's mostly a factor in the upper decks.  If you're starting players in this game, don't let the wind bother you.  Roll them out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corleone said:

For what it's worth, I live in NJ only a 10-minute drive away from MetLife. I was out around 7:30, for about 10 minutes, and didn't find the winds to be an issue at all. They are predicting a windy day on the TV weather forecasts, but it hasn't picked up yet at least by me.

I also checked how Ryan Fitzpatrick has performed in windy conditions. He was on the Jets for the 2015 and 2016 seasons, so he played his home games in MetLife. Now he's of course older and on a different team, but I wanted to see how he performed - and how his top WR's performed - when it was windy at MetLife. I took a look at all his NYJ home games where the winds hit at least 10 MPH. Here are the results...

image.png.6f33ca02a0f4728bb21614221591ec25.png

Overall, Fitzpatrick's WR's have performed very well.

Now four of the above games were only 10-11 MPH winds, and it could end up being higher than 10-11 MPH winds today. But in any case, take from the history what you will.

I was out again around 12 pm and the wind is still not too bad. Between being outside myself just a short distance from the stadium, Fitzpatrick's history in MetLife with the wind, a weak Giants secondary/defense, Parker having an excellent rapport with Fitzpatrick this season, weather projections having it be between 15-17 MPH during the game, and historical studies showing 20+ MPH winds are the threshold to where performance is significantly impacted...well, Parker is still in my starting lineup. Good luck to those of us who are rolling with him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Corleone said:

I was out again around 12 pm and the wind is still not too bad. Between being outside myself just a short distance from the stadium, Fitzpatrick's history in MetLife with the wind, a weak Giants secondary/defense, Parker having an excellent rapport with Fitzpatrick this season, weather projections having it be between 15-17 MPH during the game, and historical studies showing 20+ MPH winds are the threshold to where performance is significantly impacted...well, Parker is still in my starting lineup. Good luck to those of us who are rolling with him.

Good man!