iowncrazyhair

D'Angelo Russell 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, PhiladelphiaPhoenix said:

Unless that trade also included Curry that a clear veto 😳

Dlo will put up great counting stats from now on, but I'm expecting a huge FG impact. Can you imagine last year's box-in-one performed by toronto, just with Dlo instead of Curry ? 🤣

Also, zero steals/blocks through 4 games is horrible .. this gsw team is SOFT

Yeah no steals this far in is a travesty. 

GSW was already so bad and now it's even likelier that most of their games are blowouts, which won't equate to 30+ point outings for Dlo. He's the only shooter teams have to defend, and his percentages will probably not improve much if at all from where they are now.

Don't own Russell but own Draymond and it's a similar conundrum - he won't see an uptick in counting stats despite the massive usage opportunities because it's easier to ball when you're surrounded by guys who demand attention.

14 hours ago, Wise guy91 said:

Do golden state have their first round pick this year? If so, wonder if they will trade dlo and go full tank mode

Trading d lo would probably be a terrible idea because GS will be championship contenders next year when they have steph Klay dray and D Lo. It's not like they're losing their 2 best guys next year, they will be healthy and ready to go. Now tanking... that's a possibility dependent on how long steph is out. If steph's only out a month or so, Little to no chance they tank even though they started off poorly. New team chemistry is a big deal and takes more than 4 games. I guess they could trade D Lo for someone that will fit the team better for next year but getting draft picks/rebuild etc isn't going to help them at all in regards to next year, their $ year. So trading D Lo wouldn't make any sense unless they were simply trading for a guy that fits better with the team, and that would be just as random as trading him if steph and Klay didn't go down. I do think think they would be better off with someone like Josh Richardson or roco or some legit depth than D Lo, but highly doubt they even consider tanking. Tanking might be inevitable with the team they currently have if steph doesn't come back so I don't think trading D lo will make a difference. 

Edited by johnval1362

I'm interested in seeing if Dlo plays smarter. He literally will have to handle the the ball a ton and run the offense. I'm holding to see if he can take this opportunity and go to the next level.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:24 AM, mattshhh said:

GSW was already so bad and now it's even likelier that most of their games are blowouts, which won't equate to 30+ point outings for Dlo. He's the only shooter teams have to defend, and his percentages will probably not improve much if at all from where they are now.

Don't own Russell but own Draymond and it's a similar conundrum - he won't see an uptick in counting stats despite the massive usage opportunities because it's easier to ball when you're surrounded by guys who demand attention.

26 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

I'm interested in seeing if Dlo plays smarter. He literally will have to handle the the ball a ton and run the offense. I'm holding to see if he can take this opportunity and go to the next level.

I could see it going both ways...

5 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

I could see it going both ways...

Agreed. DLo will either play smarter and try and get other players (sh*tty as they are) involved or he'll just go full alpha, which would mean huge counting stats but terrible efficiency 

10 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

So far so good at the half... 👀

Yes. He got a block so I'm hoping that he can get some steals. He still hasn't gotten one this season

Got a question for you guys, might be an AC topic but only involves DLo. I got a trade offer to send him over for Middleton. Is that something yall would accept? 

Just now, fabrar said:

Got a question for you guys, might be an AC topic but only involves DLo. I got a trade offer to send him over for Middleton. Is that something yall would accept? 

Negative

7 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Maybe if you value fg%. It seems like D'lo won't be kind to your percentage but I like his upside. If he controls the pace he can get you points, 3s, and assists.

Just now, WhiskerFrisker said:

Maybe if you value fg%. It seems like D'lo won't be kind to your percentage but I like his upside. If he controls the pace he can get you points, 3s, and assists.

I play roto so I can't really punt fg - one of the reasons I was looking to move him. In terms of assists I have Lillard, Conley and Rubio so I think I SHOULD be OK on those. 

anyone think he will get trade before trade deadline?GSW are in tank mode now

49 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

D'Lo is a solid hold in my opinion

They’ll run him into ground.  Only problem is team is so bad he might be sitting out so many 4ths.  He’s the one Warrior to Target ROS.  They’ll do anything to build his in season and offseason trade value.

Usage is high, efficiency stinks but i like it. He pretty much has nobody to pass the ball to and eventually durability is gonna be an issue for him. Steve Kerr gotta control his minutes to keep him fresh and healthy while making sure he is getting his numbers so other teams will approach to trade for him. If D-Lo is injured, this Golden State Warriors will easily become the worst team of decade. 

Edited by csklmf

Welp. Officially punting FG% with Harden, DLo, Brolo, LaVine. 

I love the 9/10 FT, hope he keeps that up since he's def going to the line more. 

I echo everyones concerns for stocks though. Home body needs to put some pressure. 

30ppg ROS

Kerr: D'Angelo Russell given 'a lot of leash' 
Steve Kerr said he'll give "a lot of leash" to D'Angelo Russell offensively.

Advice: The Warriors have no alternatives at this point, of course, but it's still good to hear the coach explicitly give DAR the green light. "He might have taken a couple [shots] that I wasn’t thrilled with," Kerr said after Friday's game, when Russell shot 9-of-24 from the field. "But he’s also a guy who I’m going to give a lot of leash to, because he can get hot in a hurry." Russell has never shot better than 43.4% from the field, or 78.2% from the line, so the high-volume stats will come at the expense of your fantasy team's percentages.  Rotoworld.com Today, 6:24 am
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:
30ppg ROS

Kerr: D'Angelo Russell given 'a lot of leash' 
Steve Kerr said he'll give "a lot of leash" to D'Angelo Russell offensively.

Advice: The Warriors have no alternatives at this point, of course, but it's still good to hear the coach explicitly give DAR the green light. "He might have taken a couple [shots] that I wasn’t thrilled with," Kerr said after Friday's game, when Russell shot 9-of-24 from the field. "But he’s also a guy who I’m going to give a lot of leash to, because he can get hot in a hurry." Russell has never shot better than 43.4% from the field, or 78.2% from the line, so the high-volume stats will come at the expense of your fantasy team's percentages.  Rotoworld.com Today, 6:24 am

Awww yeah Dlo going for the scoring title this season.