Sign in to follow this  
jimbo504

Rate my CRAZY draft! WHIR! 10 team 2QB IDP league

Just drafted for my crazy league.

10 team 2 QB IDP, 4 pt passing tds, .5 per completion, -.25 per passing attempt.

1 keeper. short bench.

Had the last pick. 10/10

Here's what I ended up with.

QB: Patrick Mahomes
QB: Carson Wentz
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: Calvin Ridley
RB: David Johnson (Keeper)
RB: Devonta Freeman
TE: TJ Hockenson
FLEX: Sony Michel
FLEX: Austin Ekeler

BENCH: Curtis Samuel, Melvin Gordon III, Matt Breida, Donte Moncreif

DB: Antoine Bethea
DB: Jessie Bates III
DL: Jadeveon Clowney
DL: Cameron Heyward
LB: Roquan Smith
LB: Tremaine Edmunds

I have no idea if my defense is solid or not, but I feel good about the offense.

I like the 2 QB stack you have and I expect Ridley to have breakout year. Your TE is obviously your weakest position but other than that it looks very solid with some players with high floors and upside. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

I like the 2 QB stack you have and I expect Ridley to have breakout year. Your TE is obviously your weakest position but other than that it looks very solid with some players with high floors and upside. 

Yeah I waited til the very end to draft a TE, there are other options on the wire with the short benches if Hockenson doesn't ball out like I expect him to.

I actually think you did very well for last pick in the draft. You have alot of upside and alot of good players espcially if some decide to play instead of holdout and I also xpect Ridley to have a breakout year. Good job. Thanks for help with mine.

• Thanks 1

I have no clue about your defense never played with drafting defensive players. But your offense looks solid only hole I see is your TE, despite that your team looks good to me. 

Edited by Blizzard737
  • Like 1

I think you did pretty well especially if Gordon comes back this year. TEs a hole and honestly I would see what kind of streamers are available. Just not the biggest fan of rookie TEs

Thanks for the help with mine

Wait, how did Mahomes fall to you at 10th pick (I assume)? I don't know 2 QB leagues well, but shouldn't he basically be going top 4-5 at the latest (after the stud RBs)?

7 hours ago, atrium said:

Wait, how did Mahomes fall to you at 10th pick (I assume)? I don't know 2 QB leagues well, but shouldn't he basically be going top 4-5 at the latest (after the stud RBs)?

Yeah I was a little surprised too. Only 2 people (including me) kept a player, and we had 2 autodrafters. Got Mahomes at 11 after my keeper at 10.

• Like 1

I personally am not high on the following players this season:

1. Keenan Allen - So many options in this offense with HH back and Mike Williams emerging.. I see a huge regression, although I like the player a lot

2. Devaonta Freeman - Very injury prone. Weren't there safer picks available?

3. Ekeler - The backfield situation @ Chargers is for me not really clear and Ekeler didn't do well when I received the chance with Gordon out. 

I really like Ridley, DJ, Sony Michel and of course Pat Mahomes. Matt Breida could outperform his ADP easily. 

Overall still a very good setup to start the season.

12 minutes ago, Cam4Future said:

I personally am not high on the following players this season:

2. Devaonta Freeman - Very injury prone. Weren't there safer picks available?

Not really. I wanted Carson or Aaron Jones, but both were sniped right before my picks at the 3/4 turn. Keenan fell to me at 30 and thought that was good value.

The Good- Obviously love your QB situation, I love Wentz this year barring good health. Stacked with Mahommes you should easily have positional advantage every week.

RBs- I am concerned with that O-line in Zona but even with last years ****show DJ provided a safe floor. I really like Freeman if he can stay healthy they did work on that line and no more coleman to steal touches. Sony I love as well he started to come on big down he stretch last year. The added bonus of a potential top 5 guy if Gordon reports really gives you solid depth here. Brieda is another solid depth option that is being undervalued this year IMO.

The Bad- WR is concerning to me. Keenan already dealing with health issues and the emergence of Williams doesn't make me a big fan. Ridley has the tools to make the jump but last year his performance was too inconsistent for my tastes. Julio is getting older though so quite possibly could be passing the torch sooner than we think. I don'y like Moncrief I feel he is just holding the reins until washington inevitably breaks out. Samuel is a solid depth option and has the potential to be a high end WR2 if cam stays healthy.

TE- Rolling the dice with the rookie TE is risky, but I feel like there are many undrafted WW TEs this year that have the potential to emerge as decent options if he doesn't work out. Just gotta play that wire early and often. 

Don't play IDP so can't really commment 

If you feel comfortable with Melvin Gordon playing, you could trade David Johnson to increase WR and TE or something.   

2 QB league with Mahomes and Wentz, I think you already killed it. You have a solid collection of WRs as well as RBs. If Gordon comes back I don't see how you couldn't win your  league. I would give the edge to your WRs over your RBs as your taking a risk on how Johnson pans out this year, and Freemans injury risks, but Michel and Brieda + Ekeler if Gordon doesn't play, should hold you up just in case. Not crazy about your TE though. 

• Like 1

Very solid team.  Freeman doesn't worry me being injury prone he is a very good RB.  Also, I don't think Mike Williams is very good so Keenan should have another good year. Can always pick up Waller off the FA for Hockenson.  As a Lions fan, Stafford hates TE's it seems lol.

• Like 1

Not versed in this format, but, looks strong, particularly QB (obviously).

I wasn't high on Freeman (injuries, of course) or Allen (same).

Not as educated on IDP, but I really like your offense. I think with guys like HH & M William's, it prevents teams from doubling up Keenan all the time. Stays healthy, I like him as your WR1. 

In 1 team, I have Ekeler & MG3, & I'm hoping for a trade. If so, gives you a RB1 in MG3 & a solid RB2, potential RB1 in Ekeler.  Your 2 QB's are studs & I like Hockenson. Hoping to snag him on a few teams, if I can clear a bench slot. If DET uses him like they should, aka NE-Patricia coach, then I think he can be a top 10 TE. Good luck!

• Like 1

Your bench is solid! I’m not as high on Ridley but I see the upside. TE is a crapshoot after the top 3-6 so I like the Hockenson pick. I like him slightly more than Waller. 

• Like 1

I like the team a lot, although I'm not high on Freeman this year. 

I've also never played IDP so I can't really comment there.

Just having Mahomes and Wentz in a 2 QB league will keep you competitive. Michel and Ekeler will be solid FLEX plays all year until your bye weeks roll around. Good luck and thanks for the help with mine!

Edit: I'm reaching and saying Moncrief will be your dark horse this year.

Edited by Juke
  • Like 1

Hard to say how the QB scoring affects this league but it would appear you need high volume accurate passers. Looks like you nailed that part. Your RB are a big strength. Especially having Gordon with Ekeler. Your WRs are okay but have upside. I love Curtis Samuel and Donte Moncrief on your bench. Should either of these guys outperform their current rankings you will have solid WRs too. TE is a weakness obviously but sometimes you have to punt a position. History suggests that rookie TEs rarely produce. I like Hockenson however as he doesn't have any competition and Stafford's short yardage safety valves (Golden Tate, Theo Riddick) are gone. Your LBs are great.  DBs looks solid but not spectacular. DL needs help, surely you can find someone with more potential than Cameron Heyward?

• Like 1

Damn bro, your team is stacked !! RB is a little thin beyond David Johnson but honestly that's the case for the majority of teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hizemann said:

Hard to say how the QB scoring affects this league but it would appear you need high volume accurate passers. Looks like you nailed that part. Your RB are a big strength. Especially having Gordon with Ekeler. Your WRs are okay but have upside. I love Curtis Samuel and Donte Moncrief on your bench. Should either of these guys outperform their current rankings you will have solid WRs too. TE is a weakness obviously but sometimes you have to punt a position. History suggests that rookie TEs rarely produce. I like Hockenson however as he doesn't have any competition and Stafford's short yardage safety valves (Golden Tate, Theo Riddick) are gone. Your LBs are great.  DBs looks solid but not spectacular. DL needs help, surely you can find someone with more potential than Cameron Heyward?

I don't know a whole lot about defensive players, and guys I did know kept getting sniped before my picks in the draft. I'll see what I can see on the wire for Heyward. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Welcome To My House said:

Why do you get penalized for passing attempts? 

I didn't create the league, I just play in it. so I dunno.