Sign in to follow this  
astrongcupofjoel

Travis Homer 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, astrongcupofjoel said:

There's no thread but now that he's made the team, feel like Homer deserves one.

Which team? where did he get drafted? What's his path to starting time?

I know nothing about this guy and still don't  after  you started  a thread about him. Maybe fill us in on some of the blanks?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WesternSociety said:

Which team? where did he get drafted? What's his path to starting time?

I know nothing about this guy and still don't  after  you started  a thread about him. Maybe fill us in on some of the blanks?

seattle, 6.31, behind carson & penny.

really quick, 5'10" & 201 lbs, just turned 21 this month, and grades as a solid pass protector. ran well during preseason.

he needs some help to become fantasy relevant but given his skillset and quicks, nobody should be too surprised if the team relies on him at some point this year.

• Thanks 1

Just now, astrongcupofjoel said:

seattle, 6.31, behind carson & penny.

really quick, 5'10" & 201 lbs, just turned 21 this month, and grades as a solid pass protector. ran well during preseason.

he needs some help to become fantasy relevant but given his skillset and quicks, nobody should be too surprised if the team relies on him at some point this year.

Thanks!!

Until he breaks in half, Prosise is ahead of him. So he's the number 4. Outside of dynasty or the deepest of deep leagues, I don't think Homer is a name you need to know. 

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Is this train starting to roll?

It's not going to leave the station unless (until) Prosise gets hurt. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Why? He's still 4th in the depth chart. 

Well I’m not missing this.  Dropping my kicker and going empty spot this weekend.  

ALL ABOARD!!

Speaking Tuesday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said the team would "lean on" Travis Homer in the running game for Week 17 against the 49ers.

I would shy away this week. If SEA is going to win this game RW is going to be throwing. I don't see SEA's D stopping the 49er offense. 

This is a game for potentially the #1 seed in the conference let alone division. For a relatively untested rookie like "Homer" in this game I don't expect to see much of him at all. SF is the #3 D vs RBs for starters.

7 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I would shy away this week. If SEA is going to win this game RW is going to be throwing. I don't see SEA's D stopping the 49er offense. 

This is a game for potentially the #1 seed in the conference let alone division. For a relatively untested rookie like "Homer" in this game I don't expect to see much of him at all. SF is the #3 D vs RBs for starters.

Obviously the 'Boone disaster of 2019' looms on Homer too. However, Homer looks to be involved quite heavily in the passing game. Throw in that Lynch and Turbin are nowhere near high level quality game shape for this type of matchup (and neither catch passes out of the backfield any longer, and they will absolutely need that this game) and I can't see how he doesn't at least do better than say a David Montgomery. If ppr, I'd say play, not ppr, no.

Edited by TennisDude

Update: Lynch to get 10-15 carries now 'was expecting 3-5 to ease him in), making Homer most likely obsolete. Ugh.

Edited by TennisDude

Another RB that I'm just stashing. I was a Carson owner so I appreciated the volume but now I need sure things in my finals.

He looked awfully good carrying the ball last night. Seemed very decisive and made smooth quick cuts. This guy could really emerge next year.

11 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He looked awfully good carrying the ball last night. Seemed very decisive and made smooth quick cuts. This guy could really emerge next year.

So bearish on Carson and penny next year? 

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

You'd have to be bearish on both w/o even considering Homer. Both of these guys have serious injuries - Penny is likely not even available until well into 2020 (if he plays at all). Carson has a fractured hip and emerged as a true ball-security risk with that nasty fumbling habit of his. 

The Seahawks need a "franchise rusher" - a back who can live up to the demands of a Pete Carroll offense. 5'10" 202-lb 6th rd pick Homer is not that rusher. 

I'm bearish on every rusher on this team next yr. The Seahawks do have the opportunity to draft and sign FA's like every other team - this backfield is going to be quite different next season imo. They need to shore up the OL and secondary as well, and to some extent they can do that in the draft.

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He looked great, but this seems like a headache RBBC next year. If Carson returns fully healthy, he should be the lead guy, but there are a lot of ways that this backfield could be a timeshare all of 2020.

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

You'd have to be bearish on both w/o even considering Homer. Both of these guys have serious injuries - Penny is likely not even available until well into 2020 (if he plays at all). Carson has a fractured hip and emerged as a true ball-security risk with that nasty fumbling habit of his. 

The Seahawks need a "franchise rusher" - a back who can live up to the demands of a Pete Carroll offense. 5'10" 202-lb 6th rd pick Homer is not that rusher. 

I'm bearish on every rusher on this team next yr. The Seahawks do have the opportunity to draft and sign FA's like every other team - this backfield is going to be quite different next season imo. They need to shore up the OL and secondary as well, and to some extent they can do that in the draft.

To be fair this has been true literally every year this decade, at a certain point you stop believing that they're going to do it.

13 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

The hip injury is def a tad concerning for Carson, Penny is way more concerning imo...there were rumors it may be more than just the ACL damage too, at any rate he would need to ace the rehab just to be back around Oct...and there have been plenty of conditioning concerns with him too. This is a team that simply loves to run the ball, I think Homer has an excellent chance to prove himself over next couple of games (well at least 1) and go into the off-season programs as the de-facto lead guy. He is very young and I see signs that he has some ability. Just an very solid 'end of roster' type of lotto ticket that could pay off in deeper dynasty.

Looks like a thicker Phil lindsay 

• Like 1