Sign in to follow this  
pjbyrne707

Taylor Gabriel 2019 Outlook

Didn't see a thread for him. Anything to see here with Burton aggravating his groin injury? Was pretty useful in PPR leagues last year, 67 catches, 688 yards. 

Mehhhhh... 

With ARob, Miller, Monty, Cohen, Davis, Burton, Shaheen, C Pat, Wims, and Ridley, there's just no predicting Gabriel's volume week-to-week. If everything falls apart, he's a name to remember as a midseason pick up and bye week fill-in, but there's no reason to roster him anywhere right now. 

Gabriel could have had a much bigger game last night as he had a 50 yard pass negated by offensive pass interference and another 20+ yard gain negated by an offensive holding penalty.  I think that he is a guy to keep an eye on in deeper leagues and is likely still on a lot of waiver wires.

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

Dude ate Monday night.

Anyone buying?

if anyone is considering an investment in a Nagy player the only thing worth buying is a friggin' barf bag. 

or rubber padding for your walls. 

or breakable coffee mugs. 

don't do it, son ... this is a coach who schemes up the gut runs for such bulldozers as Cordarrelle Pattersin and Tarik Cohen ... a man who schmes for scheming's sake ... guys like Reid and Payton and McVay are mad genius offensive gurus/savants, but Nagy is like the lil' sixth grader who aspires, but keeps singeing his eyebrows off while blowing chit up in the basement with his Jr. Chemistry set .... it's beyond ugly - it's downright filthy in it's repugnance - and that's on a good night. 

stay away.  for your own mental health and well being - STAY. AWAY. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

if anyone is considering an investment in a Nagy player the only thing worth buying is a friggin' barf bag. 

or rubber padding for your walls. 

or breakable coffee mugs. 

don't do it, son ... this is a coach who schemes up the gut runs for such bulldozers as Cordarrelle Pattersin and Tarik Cohen ... a man who schmes for scheming's sake ... guys like Reid and Payton and McVay are mad genius offensive gurus/savants, but Nagy is like the lil' sixth grader who aspires, but keeps singeing his eyebrows off while blowing chit up in the basement with his Jr. Chemistry set .... it's beyond ugly - it's downright filthy in it's repugnance - and that's on a good night. 

stay away.  for your own mental health and well being - STAY. AWAY. 

I'm hoping someone grabs him in my league so I can move up on waivers.

• Haha 1

Don't do it - his fluke week 3 performance is the definition of chasing fantasy points.

Weird how little people talk about him. I’m guessing it’s because his QB situation is garbage. But the volume is there and he’s not some slow guy. He has the speed to break one. 

3 minutes ago, Butters said:

Weird how little people talk about him. I’m guessing it’s because his QB situation is garbage. But the volume is there and he’s not some slow guy. He has the speed to break one. 

Trubisky and Nagy are terrible. They have not sustained a fantasy consistent player in the 1.5 seasons together in Chicago. Such high risk starting anyone on that team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Trubisky and Nagy are terrible. They have not sustained a fantasy consistent player in the 1.5 seasons together in Chicago. Such high risk starting anyone on that team. 

If there is a week to start a Chicago Bear WR it's this one.

Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

If there is a week to start a Chicago Bear WR it's this one.

As someone who lives in Chicago, always expect the Bears to disappoint you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Butters said:

this season, hes eclipsed 70 yards once and 7 targets twice.  the 14 targets from last week looks like a bit of an outlier.  im desperate for a bye week wr replacement this week, but am having a hard time pulling the trigger on gabriel.

This appears to be my best option this week [...] The Giants Pass D is absolute trash. 

God sent an angel named Gabriel? 

I'd feel better If Daniel was starting over Mitch. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Do we think Jenkins will shadow ARob similar to how Ramsey did last week?  If so, Gabriel should (hopefully) see another boat load of targets....

• Like 1