BiGzY

Trade away Ekeler to needy Gordon owner? WHIR

I'm in a 10 team .5 ppr league where I snagged Ekeler in the later rounds (see my team in sig) before the news that Gordon could seek a trade and also that he will not be playing week 1.  The Gordon owner, on the other hand, must have been sleeping all offseason, because he took Gordon super early in the draft, did not pair that with either Chargers backup and also drafted Elliott, which puts him is a very tough position to start the year.  The only other backs he has are Tevin Coleman and Royce Freeman.

I feel I have a pretty solid RB set and think I could afford to part ways with Ekeler, which is where my question to everyone arises.  What does everyone feel the value of Ekeler is at this point?  Is it so high that I shouldn't think of trading him and should hold and play him?  Or is his value at a point, especially to a needy Gordon owner, that I could maybe offer a package of Ekeler and Sterling Shepard for his JuJu Smith-Schuster.

What's everyone think and am I reaching too much by going for JuJu?  Thanks and leave a link for yours.

Edited by BiGzY

I think that offer of Ekeler and Shepard for JuJu might be feasible but imo only if both guys have solid+ games in week 1.  The guy who owns Zeke and Gordon must be panicking now, even more sore if Zeke sits.  Doesn't hurt to throw the offer out there now but if things break your way this week, you'll be in a better spot to land that deal.

Trying for Juju is one thing but I don't think you'll get quite that much return for Ekeler. Gordon either gets a trade to a team who wants to pay him plus give up assets to the Chargers (not likely) or return by week 10 to accrue a year. Ekeler has a countdown over his head and Jackson could make it a 50/50 split killing both their value. Try for Juju, settle for something a little less valuable is my advice.

On cell, so cant see sig, but I would start with the offer for JuJu. I think LAC trades MG3 & if so, could provide that guy with another RB1, to pair with Zeke, plus potential RB2/flex in Ekeler. 

You can make the offer for Juju.  Just don't get mad if it's rejected.  Some negotiating will probably be needed.

Return the favor?

Go for Juju maybe the other owner needs a RB? What does his team look like??