Sign in to follow this  
Bandito

Evaluate, and consider any of these FAs (WHIR)

Team and rules for those on mobile  (* - keepers):

12 team PPR, deep keeper, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex

QB- Rodgers*

RB- Barkley*, Kerryon*, Guice*, DHarris, CJAnderson

WR- ABrown*, RWoods*, CSamuel*, JGordon*, MrqBrown, A-Whiteside, PrWilliams

TE-Ertz*, Goedert

D- Patriots

Year two of a rebuild.  First pick was at 2.1.  Was mainly looking at infusing more youth, but not sure if I made good grabs or just desperate reaches.  There was a massive effort by everyone to get rookies/young guys, leaving some good vets on the wire.  But I wonder if those vets are just bench depth for me, if I'm not better off with the rookies, hoping for breakouts.  That said, I'm hoping Brown and Whiteside could surprise this year while being good building blocks, and Williams looked great in pre-season (big, great tools and body control) with very little (Devante Parker :lol:) between him and at least having a shot.  Wasn't thrilled with taking Goedert when I already had Ertz, but was tired of watching him slide.  However, Waller went undrafted.  I'm also not necessarily thrilled having seven WRs, but the RBs weren't impressing me enough to go that direction.

People on the wire: Winston (too good to be FA, but I hate rostering a backup until bye week), Ballage, Richard, Edwards, Gore, Gio, MJones, Moncrief, John Brown, Crowder, Snead, Keesean Johnson, Waller. 

To make a move, I'd probably drop Anderson and risk someone taking him, though if you think I should get Waller, I'd probably drop Goedert because I'm not rostering 3 TEs.

So, thoughts on the team given it being year 2 of a rebuild?  And make any moves?  Thanks!  And leave a link!

Ballage was just picked up.  Cross him off.

Winston and Waller now gone. 

I think you’ve set yourself up pretty well given the extremely deep keeper settings in your league. I’d say you’r pretty well setup at RB for the future and I like your strategy of trying to beef up WR as it’s not a position of strength especially the long term. Of the people you list on the wire, I’d say Edwards is intriguing.

• Thanks 1

I really like what you've done so far.  I don't love any of the options on the wire except maybe Edwards. especially with who has gone. I may also consider snagging a QB if there's anyone available cause Rodgers is an injury risk.  Anyone like Mattison available?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, apap414 said:

Anyone like Mattison available?

He actually went fifth overall, which I thought was a bit much.

And there were four teams that kept their entire 16 man roster and skipped the draft. 151 keepers this year, which was far and away the most we ever had.  

• Like 1

I agree to grab Marvin Jones from that list. I also like Moncrief.

Edited by Trifecta
  • Thanks 1

Yeah man, I like it, rbs are solid, especially with the news that guice is going to be heavily involved. I like crowder/moncrief/mjones but those are all really just depth. If Samuel/Gordon don’t pan out you look a little top heavy at wr so it might not hurt to get a Marvin Jones who is a little more proven. Definitely solid in a 12 teamer though.

• Thanks 1

Marvin Jones would be a definite add for me over Whiteside or Andersen. 

I love the Goedert move. You lock up a top 5 TE no matter what. I’m rostering in any deep bench leagues.

• Thanks 1