Sign in to follow this  
FouLLine

Trade controversy CMC+ 4 Odell+ WHIR

4 minutes ago, PRoSPx said:

This is really the best course of action here... Why ruin someone's team before the season even started on an accident.  If there was a 3rd player involved and the trade was a little less lopsided and this guy had waited over a day to say anything then I could see calling buyers remorse. But it was said that no new news broke out on any of the involved players so at that point why are you trying so desperately to trade the #1 overall pick before talking to multiple teams on him?  Just doesn't make sense on way too many levels to just simply call buyers remorse.  Now when this guy says this 4 weeks from now that's when you're like wait a min wtf?...

That's the only part in question to me. In my opinion it wasn't an accident. If it truly was, then of course it needs to be reversed. I think I'm in the minority though when I say I don't believe his nonsense excuse. The most logical thing to me that happened is he did the trade and then started having second thoughts. Or maybe he was at happy hr and offered it not thinking straight. Either way, it just seems far fetched that his pocket is the culprit controlling his team from his pocket offering crazy deals lol.

2 hours ago, TrueShoe said:

Unless there is some clear history of this happenimg. I'm sure there's more context but if those are the basic facts then I'd say yeah obviously reverse it as it already looks like a near collusion trade.

Near collusion? I’ve seen worse trades. I don’t think it’s good but I don’t think it’s vetoable

Ive never had my phone randomly select players for a trade and execute in my pocket before too. And I’ve used the mobile app quite a bit.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

@ThreadKiller, I understand your points. However, the OP has explained trading is a rarity and there is no history of bad intentions. Sometimes mistakes happen. Maybe his excuse is horse poop, but if I'm running that league I'm giving guys that care to explain a chance. 

agree with this. maybe a league vote is in order

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Near collusion? I’ve seen worse trades. I don’t think it’s good but I don’t think it’s vetoable

Ive never had my phone randomly select players for a trade and execute in my pocket before too. And I’ve used the mobile app quite a bit.

EXACTLY. You and I are on the same page. It's complete bs and I'm surprised so many believe that as an excuse lol. It's in line with "my dog ate my homework" to me.

4 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

EXACTLY. You and I are on the same page. It's complete bs and I'm surprised so many believe that as an excuse lol. It's in line with "my dog ate my homework" to me.

I’ve made trades before while drunk and regretted it a few hours later. I’m guessing something similar happened here.

4 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Sometimes people have badass dogs that love paper though............I ain't getting bit for some BS homework....lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

I’ve made trades before while drunk and regretted it a few hours later. I’m guessing something similar happened here.

YUP! But you screwed up. When you sobered up, you should've claimed that your dog grabbed your phone, opened the app, went to the "propose trade" screen, selected all (5) players involved in the trade before selecting the player they would choose to drop since it was a 3 for 2, and then hit "submit offer". Logical excuse right?

10 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Well so far only 4 of the 10 owners have chimed in... Well 5 if you include the guy who traded CMC.  I was just trying to get out in front and get some perspective on this before some crazy argument broke out off the rails.

Yeah a reversal seems like the easiest way to deal with this.  Just can't let this become an all the time thing.  If you're only having 1-3 trades a year and you have to reverse just as many that would be messed up lol.  But better reverse this trade now rather than give one team the thought of their season being ruined and another team a clear advantage on everyone else.

Where were the other guys drafted at?

Just now, TrueShoe said:

Yeah a reversal seems like the easiest way to deal with this.  Just can't let this become an all the time thing.  If you're only having 1-3 trades a year and you have to reverse just as many that would be messed up lol.  But better reverse this trade now rather than give one team the thought of their season being ruined and another team a clear advantage on everyone else.

Where were the other guys drafted at?

CMC was #1 overall, Odell was a 2nd rounder, Aaron Jones a 4th rounder.  I'm not sure where the other guys went off hand.

If the whole league or most of the league will vote on it, I'd probably let that decide it. 

Unless you 100% believe the person who said it was an accident.

Because the trade is pretty even overall. And you don't want to set the precedent that someone can offer a trade but then take it back after it's accepted. 

I guess I don't know what the difference between a feeler offer and an actual offer is - did he intend to send out a text saying something like, "hey would you consider a trade like...?" and it somehow went through as an official offer? I just don't get why he was putting together a package like that in the first place.

To me it would be different if he was offered a trade and accidentally accepted. Maybe even if he said he meant to add a third player to his receiving end, but accidentally sent it with just OBJ and Jones. I get that nothing like this has happened before, but it isn't such a ridiculous offer that it's clearly a mistake - sounds like buyers remorse to me. I'd vote for it going through. 

• Like 1

Sounds to me like a BS excuse (one which was used to my disadvantage not too long ago during fantasy baseball - kid said "he didnt mean to send that" after I accepted). Obviously he didnt coordinate that trade in his pocket. That being said, you gotta reverse it knowing your leagues history. I would, however, make it clear to the league people need to be more aware of whats going on "in their pockets" just to be sure to avoid a situation like this in the future. Thanks for the help with mine. 

If this happened in the league that i am with my mates, it will absolutely not get reversed and the trade will go down in history and get mentioned every year lol

Honestly guy deserves to not have it reversed, I don't understand people trading before the start of the season when no news on any of the players has broken to change their value and I especially dont understand picking CMC first overall and then offering him in packages. Guy should have to live with it and learn his lesson.

I've made an accidental trade offer before, and fortunately it got vetoed by the league before it went through. I'm not gonna lie, I may have checked out of the league mentally if it hadn't been. Fantasy is about good sportsmanship, and when you make the fantasy winner of a league be the guy who profited off the accidental click of a button, it undermines the enjoyment of the sport IMO. People are human and make mistakes, just reverse the trade.

3 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

The conviction with which you guys speak about a situation you know nothing about is amazing lol.

I've made the same mistake this guy has made before. I was playing around with trade offer suggestions on my phone. On Yahoo, it lets you evaluate a trade before sending it so I was just experimenting with different players. I thought I had sent one, far more reasonable trade, but instead accidentally sent a very lopsided one. This was right before class, so I put my phone away and went to class. I got out of class to find out the trade that I accidentally made had been accepted, and luckily only by league veto did it get reversed.

Buncha cynics you guys are, mistakes happen yeesh. Fantasy stops being fun when you start punishing someone severely for accidentally clicking a button on a phone.

Edited by atrium

Reverse the trade and chalk it up to a honest mistake.  Is this a new league or a league that has manager familiar with each other?