Sanjo16

Delon Wright 2019-2020 Outlook

Who knows.. this kid performs when he gets the chance. I don't take preseason too seriously. Let's see how many minutes he gets on opening night.. way too much upside to not hold on to see if things change.

Edited by hlin8821

5 hours ago, 80version said:

Not liking what I've seen w/ DAL, so shipped him for Mikal. 

I think you'll be regretting that eventually. 

Really needed a PG who can dish some dimes and everybody else was taken but Derrick White, so at my 108th pick I chose Delon over White since he got the starting gig. I eventually also got White, who slided a lot, at my 132th pick.

Now I cross my finger that one of them can provide around 13/4/4.5/1.4 with low TO.

been trash in preseason but could be sneaky value if he puts up decent across board numbers

14 hours ago, brosephd said:

been trash in preseason but could be sneaky value if he puts up decent across board numbers

Delon or Jeremy lamb?

12 minutes ago, RobF said:

Delon or Jeremy lamb?

Lamb, and it’s not even close

• Like 1

This dude was beasting at the end of last year with Mamphis. On Dallas he is probably the  3rd option or maybe the fourth option in scoring. I just hope he takes some of the load away from Doncic. If so I can see 5-6 assist a game.

10 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

This dude was beasting at the end of last year with Mamphis. On Dallas he is probably the  3rd option or maybe the fourth option in scoring. I just hope he takes some of the load away from Doncic. If so I can see 5-6 assist a game.

Will be very hard for this especially if they opt to start Brunson too.

Edited by nadertime78

22 hours ago, nadertime78 said:

Will be very hard for this especially if they opt to start Brunson too.

After an entire preseason with the starting role I don't think Delon Wright'll lose it for the opening night of the season

Although this guy hasn't shown much in preseason, I'd attribute it to growing pains, gelling with his new teammates, and Carlisle figuring out how to use him appropriately. 

Better days will come. Carlisle believes in him to be a high-level starter for the team and in this league, and to be more aggressive as a whole.

3 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

After an entire preseason with the starting role I don't think Delon Wright'll lose it for the opening night of the season

Its not him losing the role.

The Mavs may start Wright, Luka, and Brunson.    Brunson is a Carlisle guy and that's big. 

As a raptor fan who watched a lot of him, I think Delon has the type of game where he can earn minutes even if he's a secondary ball handler or a 4th or 5th option on the floor. That's pretty much what he was as a backup behind Lowry, and he earned decent minutes that way even with 2pg lineups next to van vleet and klo

He's a good spot up 3 pt shooter and more importantly, he's a smart defender who rarely gets lost on rotations and knows where to be on the floor. I don't know if that's going to translate to fantasy production necessarily, but I think it will guarantee him minutes under Carlisle. Delon came up under Dwane Casey, who was part of Carlisle's staff, and should be a day 1 fit defensively if the schemes are anything alike

Offensively, I'd assume that they're specifically looking for a 3D type at pg who doesn't need to take the ball out of Luka and Porzingis' hands. He can definitely handle the ball and make good decisions/rack up assists, but I'm not sure if that's what his primary role is gonna be with when he's playing with the starters.

Again, not sure whether that's gonna translate to much fantasy production beyond steals and 3s but I'd pretty confident in him holding on to that starting role for the season since he fits the role perfectly. 

Edited by blazeh

Just now, blazeh said:

As a raptor fan who watched a lot of him, I think Delon has the type of game where he can earn minutes even if he's a secondary ball handler or a 4th or 5th option on the floor. That's pretty much what he was as a backup behind Lowry, and he earned decent minutes that way even with 2pg lineups next to van vleet and klo

He's a good spot up 3 pt shooter and more importantly, he's a smart defender who rarely gets lost on rotations and knows where to be on the floor. I don't know if that's going to translate to fantasy production necessarily, but I think it will guarantee him minutes under Carlisle. Delon came up under Dwane Casey, who was part of Carlisle's staff, and should be a day 1 fit defensively.

Offensively, I'd assume that they're specifically looking for a 3D type at pg who doesn't need to take the ball out of Luka and Porzingis' hands. He can definitely handle the ball and make good decisions/rack up assists, but I'm not sure if that's what his primary role is gonna be with when he's playing with the starters.

Again, not sure whether that's gonna translate to much fantasy production beyond steals and 3s but I'd pretty confident in him holding on to that starting role for the season since he fits the role perfectly. 

he shot 25% on 3 attempts per game last year, 33% 2/3 years prior and in between those was one decent year at 36%

not really a 3 and D kinda PG, D yes, 3.....ehhhh

3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

he shot 25% on 3 attempts per game last year, 33% 2/3 years prior and in between those was one decent year at 36%

not really a 3 and D kinda PG, D yes, 3.....ehhhh

lol just looked up his MEM percentages and might have to retract that statement. I remember him seeming to have a knack for knocking down spot up 3s at oppurtune moments for the raptors, but guess maybe volume and sample size effects things

I wouldn't say he's a bad shooter at all though

Brunson, Curry, Lee, Hardaway, plus Doncic taking most of the ball handling when he is on the court...

Going to hold for another few games but doesn't look good, smells like a timeshare.

I'm usually more patient, but with such low usage and the timeshare... I'm more likely to drop for a promising waiver add. I got him at the end of the 8th, so i wouldn't feel too bad

Overall, are we thinking he is a drop? With Brunson being a favorite of the coach and the usage of KP and Luka, do we see him producing much at all. 

13 minutes ago, babayaga said:

Overall, are we thinking he is a drop? With Brunson being a favorite of the coach and the usage of KP and Luka, do we see him producing much at all. 

A little too early to drop IMO. The coaching staff is still tinkering with the lineups. Delon can provide solid across-the-board stats, so I'm waiting a bit more. But if a must-add comes up, I'd probably drop him.

Have no streaming spot (which sucks) in one league so I cut him. Does not look well from the rotation and volume standpoint.