Sanjo16

Delon Wright 2019-2020 Outlook

Looking good so far. Might not be a bad move with him being the 6th man. More usage with the 2nd unit.

Looks great. Maybe the move to the bench is a blessing in disguise. It looks like he’ll still play starter minutes, but he won’t be starting for him to get his rhythm handling the ball more.

• Like 1

seems hurts his left leg but still stay in the court

1 hour ago, brickcitymamba said:

SMH I should've dropped him for Winslow while I had the chance. Well, let's see how he does with the second unit then.

Lucky you didn't brother

• Like 1

I almost dropped him for Nunn or IT! Good thing I was giving him until this weekend. Now his leash just got a bit longer.

Knew he was capable. Hopefully this makes him more appealing in  Carlilse's eyes.

• Like 1

Good to see Rick has finally cut Courtney Lee from the rotation. NFI why he was in it to begin with

• Like 1

Honestly, the move to the bench is nice for fantasy purposes but the Mavs signed Delon for defense. The team got off to a bad start because they lacked perimeter defense and the Pels took advantage of that. Delon got into a rhythm offensively because he didn't have to share usage with KP and Luka which makes him gun shy. His lack of aggressiveness is what Carlisle wants to get out of his system.

I hope Delon shows off his supposedly improved shooting these next few games so we wouldn't have to worry about if he is starting or not.

I'm sure he'll be more alpha next game when I bench him again. If only this went into OT, maybe there'd be a bit more... so fun to moonlight as a clairvoyant when trying to avoid wasting those valuable roto games.

Edited by brickcitymamba

1 minute ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Anyone still think he's worth the flier? I was hoping he'd be coming off the bench as it allows him to be dominate with the ball.

I dropped him already and almost regret it. But given only 1 of 3 games he is doing good. No regrets now.

Luka and Porzi are all high usage players. Also there's a lot of guards in Dallas I doubt he can produce consistently.

2 hours ago, ahtech said:

I dropped him already and almost regret it. But given only 1 of 3 games he is doing good. No regrets now.

Luka and Porzi are all high usage players. Also there's a lot of guards in Dallas I doubt he can produce consistently.

Its 3 games in a new team dude. When the work out he's better running the second unit and eating up all that usage when doncic rests, then he'll come good and produce. I think there's a better chance you made a mistake than not.. but we'll see.

5 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Its 3 games in a new team dude. When the work out he's better running the second unit and eating up all that usage when doncic rests, then he'll come good and produce. I think there's a better chance you made a mistake than not.. but we'll see.

Let's see the next game. But I have doubts. With all the guards Mavs have. I can't imagine him putting good numbers like game #2.

1 hour ago, ahtech said:

Let's see the next game. But I have doubts. With all the guards Mavs have. I can't imagine him putting good numbers like game #2.

Sucks that luka and kris are so ball dominate ... that's why I think this fella should come off the bench. He'd have more impactful effect on the team carrying the second unit. He plays 3 games this week, and I have 2 days where I have to sub a player because of a full line up. He manages to play off days, so I might just take a short flier and see how he does with these next 3 games... I'm dropping fultz for now just to see how delon does.

15 hours ago, ahtech said:

Running the 2nd unit today. They put Curry in to spot up shoot at the 2, which is not what Delon is. Let's see how this goes 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Running the 2nd unit today. They put Curry in to spot up shoot at the 2, which is not what Delon is. Let's see how this goes 

This lowkey makes me speculatively want to start him. Probably going to wait this one out but hope he does start getting properly utilised

10 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

This lowkey makes me speculatively want to start him. Probably going to wait this one out but hope he does start getting properly utilised

Dropped fultz for now for him ... hoping he produces .. didnt want to bench my guys so took a flier so I dont lose free games on my players 

8 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Dropped fultz for now for him ... hoping he produces .. didnt want to bench my guys so took a flier so I dont lose free games on my players 

Hoping to eventually have room for both if Kelle's bounce-back effort keeps gathering steam. But won't derail the thread further with my roster talk