Sanjo16

Delon Wright 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Looking solid so far in only 11 minutes. Hopefully he gets more run and closes out the game because of his defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't care if he starts or not but he needs to be getting serious minutes in the 4th quarter or he'll be capped out in the low 20s, which most nights won't give him enough time to return value. I'm holding for another few games but this isn't great (10 team league though, think he's still good for 12s).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seth and Hardaway should not be getting more than 20 mins....they are trash...delon is by far one of their best defenders and facilitators....Carlisle is an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Don't care if he starts or not but he needs to be getting serious minutes in the 4th quarter or he'll be capped out in the low 20s, which most nights won't give him enough time to return value. I'm holding for another few games but this isn't great (10 team league though, think he's still good for 12s).

Yeah, hes an easy drop in 10s imo. 12 is probably still a mediocre hold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's normal. Dallas has a lot of Guards. Don't expect he can have 30 mins a night every game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ahtech said:

It's normal. Dallas has a lot of Guards. Don't expect he can have 30 mins a night every game. 


lot of atrocious guards, yes
Delon should play 38 minutes if alternatives are guys like Seth Curry or Tim Hardaway jr

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wait until those 1 dimensional fringe guards go on a cold stretch. They'll be out of the rotation and Wright will crave a bigger role. Still early and working s--- out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His versatility as a defender gives him more stable real life value than anyone else in that guard rotation, but my gut feeling is that any pg on that team is gonna have fringe fantasy value in standard leagues as long as Luka is the de facto point guard and ball handler (as he should be) 

If you need the assists and steals he has value for a wire guy, but I wouldn't lose much sleep over dropping him to take a flyer on a possible waiver breakout

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've dropped him because:

- He's a point guard but Luka is the de facto PG, having the ball the majority of time, thus relegating Delon to nothing more than a defensive specialist / shooter (and he's not really much of a shooter);

- Carlisle is an NBA champion with almost 20 years of experience (Pistons, Pacers and Mavs) with a very good resumé, who's adept of mix and matching his linups to try to WIN everytime even if this Mavs team is in a developtmental phase, and except Luka and Kristaps the other 3 spots are up for grabs, but he prefers to play with a gritty player (Powell, Kleber, Davis, Brunson) and 2/3 shooting/playmaking guards (Brunson, Delon, Hardaway, Curry, Barea), so it's hard for Delon to surpass the 28 min barrier;

- He's best games will come when/with Luka injured/bench, because he needs the ball in his hands to poop popcorn stats, and I expect more than ZERO 3s, low assists, from my PG position.

I don't hold hope for this to change during season (barring injuries, trades), but only dropped him because I found someone better for my 4th PG.

He's a very good player but he needs volume to produce, and this Mavs team is way more talented than the G-League Grizzlies in which Delon played last year and if my memory doesn't fail he managed to get 2 consecutive triple double against the .... Mavs (lol).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delon isn’t a great 3 point shooter, but he’s the best perimeter defender on the team. Carlisle will play him when it matters most as the season goes on. Delon is a triple double threat if he can get the minutes. I have him in my 14 team, he’s been racking up steals. 4-6 assists isn’t bad for a low end roster guard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DW been getting huge run at SF as well.  

I think he's a key contributor and a true jack of all trades.

I hope his minutes continue to rise, but he wouldn't be the first player that Rick Carlisle had me super frustrated with lack of minutes and left scratching my head.

In the meantime, if any of yall are on Yahoo, I recommend voting for him to gain SF eligibility as he's logged an estimated 30% of his PT this season from that position:

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/32814655-delon-wright-sf-eligibility

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, if this guy gets SF eligibility after I traded him off...

I probably would've just kept him if I knew about this lol

 

 

Edited by theantishere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again I don't know why Brunson, hardaway, curry come off the bench before delon... I do hope that doncic sits for a few games, so delon can really showcase his ability on the floor..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luka apparently not going to miss time if I'm correct. Does that mean Delon's likely going to keep delivering these austere statlines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Luka apparently not going to miss time if I'm correct. Does that mean Delon's likely going to keep delivering these austere statlines?

 

Only guy on my roster I'm willing to drop due to the minutes and touches ... I was hoping luka sat this one out to justify keeping... gonna stream him tonight .. if he doesnt deliver I'll drop for Brandon clarke / Noel's ... goga seems interesting but it would most likely be a short stint with sabonis probably sitting 2 games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monkeyking69 said:

 

Only guy on my roster I'm willing to drop due to the minutes and touches ... I was hoping luka sat this one out to justify keeping... gonna stream him tonight .. if he doesnt deliver I'll drop for Brandon clarke / Noel's ... goga seems interesting but it would most likely be a short stint with sabonis probably sitting 2 games 

Yeah, I can echo these sentiments. Not that there's much on the waiver to help me either, though. IT has been snapped up, so my only hope of dimes would be Jingles or Fultz somehow establishing himself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brickcitymamba said:

Yeah, I can echo these sentiments. Not that there's much on the waiver to help me either, though. IT has been snapped up, so my only hope of dimes would be Jingles or Fultz somehow establishing himself.

 

haha knowing us I'm sure if we dropped dude would get a monster line ... just my luck .. happened with Portis lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

 

haha knowing us I'm sure if we dropped dude would get a monster line ... just my luck .. happened with Portis lol

Yup. I guess I might roll him out as well, since my main point guard is out for most of the season anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brickcitymamba said:

Yup. I guess I might roll him out as well, since my main point guard is out for most of the season anyway.

 

everything bad that can happen, has happened to your team in your sig. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, brosephd said:

 

everything bad that can happen, has happened to your team in your sig. 

Indeed. Was happy to get Curry for only 57$ initially, lol. Also foolishly overspent on Ayton, which led me to miss most of my draft targets. I'm surprised that I'm still bothering to set lineups and check the wire. I guess this fantasy s---'s just addictive.

Edited by brickcitymamba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Our boy Delon Musk here looking like a drop city candidate.

hahaha yeah man he's gone.. ended up winning my week. Just planning ahead for next one. It's quite sad.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brickcitymamba said:

Our boy Delon Musk here looking like a drop city candidate.

 

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

hahaha yeah man he's gone.. ended up winning my week. Just planning ahead for next one. It's quite sad.. 


you dorks for real? Still an easy hold for me ... 10 team league. Deep bench, but still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...