Sanjo16

Delon Wright 2019-2020 Outlook

Mavs won the game so we can't neither criticize coach decisions
he's the best basketball player in the team behind Doncic and Porzingis
but Carlisle doesn't like him at all, so this is an easy drop
Maybe he can bounce back before the trade deadline if Mavs will land CP3
OKC should be perfect for him

Big yikes. Think it's a pretty safe drop now. Outside of Doncic/Zingas no ones minutes are safe.

10 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

What’s going on with this guy. Any chance he gets it going soon?

Have you not paid attention at all to the games or the comments on previous pages of this thread?

• Haha 2

Just now, Monkeyking69 said:

Man dallas should trade paul over to dallas in exchange for Delon... allowing wright and SGA run the court in OKC

OKC still has schroder

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

The steals are good, though. Have to give him that.

Not enough, Dunn got him beat if that's all you're looking for

This dude still ranked just inside the top 120 with next to no usage. I guess as a result of the high FG% and low TOs.

Edited by flat_eric

What's the go here? 

Played a team high 18 minutes and absolutely balling.

First half stat line of 10-3-7-2

Edited by DiscoNinja33
Edit

Any particular reason he just turned up like this? Much as I'd like to trust him, he just seems liable to dither away into nothingness after a rare strong showing such as this

1 hour ago, brickcitymamba said:

Any particular reason he just turned up like this? Much as I'd like to trust him, he just seems liable to dither away into nothingness after a rare strong showing such as this

Garbage time ?

I watched the game. Just an outlier. First unit was struggling, and Mavs second unit found more success offensively (albeit against mostly the Lakers' second unit). Wright's defense looked good as usual, and his offense looked better than usual. Made some really impressive, tough shots, and also uncharacteristically hit three threes. So Carlisle gave him more run than usual, and he kept playing well the rest of the game. Finney-Smith in particular lost some playing time to accommodate this. Only 21 min. But Finney-Smith's typically a consistent, solid real-life performer, so he'll probably be back to his normal 26-27 per game.

I drafted Wright and have watched almost all Mavs games since I own Doncic too. I've dropped him 3-4 times this season. Someone just picked him up and I feel a bit bummed. But when I look at the entire season so far and consider all the reasons he's unfortunately been stuck in this 22 mpg second unit role - I don't expect things to change going forward

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

39 minutes ago, hoop said:

I watched the game. Just an outlier. First unit was struggling, and Mavs second unit found more success offensively (albeit against mostly the Lakers' second unit). Wright's defense looked good as usual, and his offense looked better than usual. Made some really impressive, tough shots, and also uncharacteristically hit three threes. So Carlisle gave him more run than usual, and he kept playing well the rest of the game. Finney-Smith in particular lost some playing time to accommodate this. Only 21 min. But Finney-Smith's typically a consistent, solid real-life performer, so he'll probably be back to his normal 26-27 per game.

I drafted Wright and have watched almost all Mavs games since I own Doncic too. I've dropped him 3-4 times this season. Someone just picked him up and I feel a bit bummed. But when I look at the entire season so far and consider all the reasons he's unfortunately been stuck in this 22 mpg second unit role - I don't expect things to change going forward

you're doing gods work here. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

any chance he'll be traded at some point?
he could be great in a team that let him play 35 minutes per game

I don't see why the Mavs would trade him, they are pretty much using him as a 3 and D guy alongside Doncic and giving him a secondary playmaking role. He's on a team friendly contract. Maybe if they try and make a move for an all-star guard like Beal or Dlo and throw him in, but i'd be surprised.

18 hours ago, JStyles said:

I don't see why the Mavs would trade him, they are pretty much using him as a 3 and D guy alongside Doncic and giving him a secondary playmaking role. He's on a team friendly contract. Maybe if they try and make a move for an all-star guard like Beal or Dlo and throw him in, but i'd be surprised.

He's a good player but Mavs use him at the end of the bench 
he could easily be a nice starter in some other team

• Like 1