Sanjo16

Delon Wright 2019-2020 Outlook

Not sure if Wright's injury was a factor, but Brunson looked great overall this game (besides down the stretch unfortunately) and Carlisle opted to keep him in. Barea also got run and proved pretty valuable as a spark

Edited by hoop

48 minutes ago, AB2323 said:

He was coming off an injury, maybe thats why brunson got the minutes?

That’s my speculation. I added him (Brunson already owned) and willing to give at least a game next week to see. 

10 minutes ago, hoop said:

Not sure if Wright's injury was a factor, but Brunson looked great overall this game (besides down the stretch unfortunately) and Carlisle opted to keep him in. Barea also got run and proved pretty valuable as a spark

Yup,the PG situation in Mavs is pretty meh,you never know who will play big minutes under Carlisle

Carlisle has his guys and Delon definitely isn't one of them. Carlisle likes his guys with white melanin so delon has no chance. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Carlisle has his guys and Delon definitely isn't one of them. Carlisle likes his guys with white melanin so delon has no chance. 

Boooooo

this dude is frustrating to own, i dont even know what to do with him.. anyone in 10-12 team leagues still holding ? my league has 13 streaming spots and 7 bench spots so the waivers are really dry. He's got the talent but i just dont see any positive signs in dallas. What do u guys think long term 

28 minutes ago, malixx said:

this dude is frustrating to own, i dont even know what to do with him.. anyone in 10-12 team leagues still holding ? my league has 13 streaming spots and 7 bench spots so the waivers are really dry. He's got the talent but i just dont see any positive signs in dallas. What do u guys think long term 

I'm holding, but I'm roto.  Have him on my bench.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:24 PM, hoop said:

I watched the game. Just an outlier. First unit was struggling, and Mavs second unit found more success offensively (albeit against mostly the Lakers' second unit). Wright's defense looked good as usual, and his offense looked better than usual. Made some really impressive, tough shots, and also uncharacteristically hit three threes. So Carlisle gave him more run than usual, and he kept playing well the rest of the game. Finney-Smith in particular lost some playing time to accommodate this. Only 21 min. But Finney-Smith's typically a consistent, solid real-life performer, so he'll probably be back to his normal 26-27 per game.

I drafted Wright and have watched almost all Mavs games since I own Doncic too. I've dropped him 3-4 times this season. Someone just picked him up and I feel a bit bummed. But when I look at the entire season so far and consider all the reasons he's unfortunately been stuck in this 22 mpg second unit role - I don't expect things to change going forward

Interested in your thoughts on him now with Luka's injury, lol.

On topic, I took a gamble on him since Brunson's already been picked up. Hoping his minutes ramp up tonight.

1 hour ago, m1dday said:

Interested in your thoughts on him now with Luka's injury, lol.

On topic, I took a gamble on him since Brunson's already been picked up. Hoping his minutes ramp up tonight.

Early in the season, I would've automatically expected Wright to start and generally get the bulk of PG minutes, were Luka to get injured. This is based on the new contract and how skilled he is. But at this moment, it's not as set in stone.

By now, Carlisle has made it clear that in order to win, he'll reconfigure lineups without hesitation. He stated as such, and he also said that for the first dozen games or so, he had been experimenting with PG rotations and gathering data. Point is that his goal is winning, and he'll do whatever it takes to win - such as giving Barea big spurts of playing time, alongside DNPs.

Was hoping there'd be some clarity by looking at the rotations right after Luka went down. However, questions arose instead: Why did Wright barely play? He subbed in after Luka went down, and played 9 minutes - and that was it for the entire game. Was it how bad the team looked with him (he had the lowest +/- at 11)? Was it that Brunson had the hot hand (highest +/- at 14)? Was Wright was still affected by his injury? Or all of the above?

If I had to make a guess, I would say: Wright will start, but with some fluidity, based on how the game looks. Nothing guaranteed. For instance, if Wright starts and the offense stalls for 5 minutes, and Brunson comes in and sparks a 10-0 run - Brunson would probably start the 3rd and close the game.

Personally, between the two, I would've picked up Wright, even if Brunson gets the starting nod. Because Wright's game is more fantasy-friendly, and he'd get a minutes bump regardless. However, I'm PG-heavy, and my bigger hole to fill is 3s and scoring, so I went with Hardaway.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, hoop said:

Early in the season, I would've automatically expected Wright to start and generally get the bulk of PG minutes, were Luka to get injured. This is based on the new contract and how skilled he is. But at this moment, it's not as set in stone.

By now, Carlisle has made it clear that in order to win, he'll reconfigure lineups without hesitation. He stated as such, and he also said that for the first dozen games or so, he had been experimenting with PG rotations and gathering data. Point is that his goal is winning, and he'll do whatever it takes to win - such as giving Barea big spurts of playing time, alongside DNPs.

Was hoping there'd be some clarity by looking at the rotations right after Luka went down. However, questions arose instead: Why did Wright barely play? He subbed in after Luka went down, and played 9 minutes - and that was it for the entire game. Was it how bad the team looked with him (he had the lowest +/- at 11)? Was it that Brunson had the hot hand (highest +/- at 14)? Was Wright was still affected by his injury? Or all of the above?

If I had to make a guess, I would say: Wright will start, but with some fluidity, based on how the game looks. Nothing guaranteed. For instance, if Wright starts and the offense stalls for 5 minutes, and Brunson comes in and sparks a 10-0 run - Brunson would probably start the 3rd and close the game.

Personally, between the two, I would've picked up Wright, even if Brunson gets the starting nod. Because Wright's game is more fantasy-friendly, and he'd get a minutes bump regardless. However, I'm PG-heavy, and my bigger hole to fill is 3s and scoring, so I went with Hardaway.

Love the insight, thanks. That’s exactly why I picked him up over Brunson, I’m not in dire need of assists but Delon is more likely to rack up defensive stats plus a bit more usage with Luka out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m1dday said:

Love the insight, thanks. That’s exactly why I picked him up over Brunson, I’m not in dire need of assists but Delon is more likely to rack up defensive stats plus a bit more usage with Luka out. 

Well, Brunson got the nod, and they're leading the Bucks by 7. It's early, if he keeps playing this well, Carlisle will probably roll with him as the main PG

Hope Wright still gets increased run, even 27-29 mpg could lead to good value

Edited by hoop

40 minutes ago, hoop said:

Well, Brunson got the nod, and they're leading the Bucks by 7. It's early, if he keeps playing this well, Carlisle will probably roll with him as the main PG

Hope Wright still gets increased run, even 27-29 mpg could lead to good value

Looking good so far, fillied up the stat sheet quite nicely at the half. Hoping he can start at some point this week

Overall, Delon is a way better player than Brunson. I wish Wright didn’t play for Carlisle. He’s basically like another Popovich fantasy wise. If Delon was in the right situation he’d be a fantasy gem. He’s never got minutes he deserves outside of his short stint with the Grizzlies. His game is extremely fantasy friendly too. Sucks that he’s rotting away behind Luka, THJ, Barea, Brunson, and the 17 other guards on the Mavericks roster. Who knows, maybe Wright has a big game tonight. I don’t see Jalen doing much against Boston. Carlisle give this boy some minutes!!!! You’ve never been a good coach anyways. Dirk won you a chip, not your coaching.

• Haha 1

I’ve dropped and picked up Delon so many times this season. Streamed him again for the week. Productive lines like tonight make me want to just keep this guy on my roster. Wright is solid, even in limited minutes.

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

I’ve dropped and picked up Delon so many times this season. Streamed him again for the week. Productive lines like tonight make me want to just keep this guy on my roster. Wright is solid, even in limited minutes.

I suppose he's just frustrating people because he has the potential to do so much more in the right circumstances (granted, this applies to quite a few NBA players).

• Like 1

Love guys like this, in part what @NoahsArc said. Wright is really useful in roto when you're seeking an efficient streamer or bench depth guy. He doesn't work so well in points or H2H. It's great being able to pick up a guy when you need to fill out a few games played, and want to avoid damage in some categories. Then when you drop him he just sits on the wire awaiting your return. It's almost like an extra bench slot.

• Like 2

Such a damn shame he doesn't get burn. Per minute monster, streamed him tonight & he did not disappoint ❤️

• Like 2

Are you f****** kidding me!? THJ gets hurt and Carlisle gives his minutes to grandpa Barea. I hate Rick so much. Delon is a beast. He even plays better than my guards who actually get minutes. He won me steals again this week. Was streaming but now he’s a hold for me. Love this guy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Carlisle is a racist -_- 

Stole Carlisle fave parking spot? Banging his daughter?! Truly baffling why he’s getting no love from the coach