Sanjo16

Delon Wright 2019-2020 Outlook

8 hours ago, MWon said:

Mavs fan here.  Watched the game and man, Delon was everywhere, really aggressive.  I grabbed him just for the 4 gamer week.

For ROS purposes, even non-Mavs fans know that Carlisle is really random with his rotations and is more than happy to mix things up. With the addition of WCS potentially allowing Coach Rick to go big, it is indeed a little worrisome.  However, the Mavs are much better going small with Zingis at C (as long as he doesn't face too many bruisers) and Kleber backing up both PF/C. Hopefully for Delon owners, WCS takes more minutes from someone like DFS and THJ or Luka plays more SF.

Delon's sweet spot is probably around 25 mpg, since he plays both PG/SG; likely his main competition for minutes is Seth, since I doubt the Mavs ever do something like Luka/Wright/THJ/DFS/Zingis to start.  Problem is that the Mavs are stuck with a huge glut of small guards - Brunson, Seth, Wright, THJ, and even Coach Rick's favorite, JJB, and Coach Rick is not shy from moving away from any of them.  For fantasy purposes, it's ugly, but I can see Delon getting minutes for his defense and energy over Seth and Brunson.  Wouldn't expect all the OREBs he's getting, but I also expect him to grab more steals, so I could see a 10/4/3.5 line with solid %s and low TOs, maybe 0.7 treys and 1.3 steals on 25 mpg?

Quality post right here. Agree with all your concerns (WCS and heaps of guards) and assessments. 

Wright is such a per min monster, worth the add to see if he can stay at a steady 24-25 mins, can definitively say I’ll take him in 24 mins over almost anybody on the WW in most of my leagues. 

Since we are so close to trade deadline also, there’s a lil extra incentive to take fliers on high upside guys like Wright. Is there any chance they move anybody (one of the PGs?) before deadline? 

Edited by IDatDude

What the hell? 

2 points and a steal at the half, in 8 minutes. 

17 hours ago, MITICOLOVER said:

I just picked up today...See if he can keep it going....minutes is the question

Congratulations!

• Haha 1

Well that sucked.

Yeah, Mad scientist Rick showed up to tinker with his rotation and let 13 players into the game.  When you have nobody play more than 26 minutes in a blowout, with JJB, Curry, and Brunson all getting significant minutes at backup PG and SG (not to mention Luka there), it's really difficult for Wright to get a consistent rhythm.

If you can wait until the weekend, the Mavs play a B2B Fri/Sat, so I'd recommend dumping him after that if you're fed up.  He's had some nice games, and sure, you could hold him for the upside, but you'll also need to be prepared that this is sorta the reality in that Coach Rick has a ton of small guards to use, and he's not afraid to mix everything up.

Just now, MWon said:

Well that sucked.

Yeah, Mad scientist Rick showed up to tinker with his rotation and let 13 players into the game.  When you have nobody play more than 26 minutes in a blowout, with JJB, Curry, and Brunson all getting significant minutes at backup PG and SG (not to mention Luka there), it's really difficult for Wright to get a consistent rhythm.

If you can wait until the weekend, the Mavs play a B2B Fri/Sat, so I'd recommend dumping him after that if you're fed up.  He's had some nice games, and sure, you could hold him for the upside, but you'll also need to be prepared that this is sorta the reality in that Coach Rick has a ton of small guards to use, and he's not afraid to mix everything up.

Yup,only Luca and Porzingis can trust in this team(although Porzingis is disappointed so far in this season)

Eh, I just had a convo with my dad about Zingis.

Even as a Mavs fan, I was never high on Porzingis - sure, he's a great player and a star, but not one who can dominate and will a team to victory.  If Luka is comparable to someone like Kawhi, a superstar, then I'd say Porzingis is like Demar, a good player but not one that you'd build your team around.  Zingis takes far too many jumpers, can't bruise with Cs, and his defense is questionable at times.

Back to Delon, I'm still hoping Rick gives him and Maxi more minutes.  JJB is fine for about 10 minutes, but his defense is awful.  Brunson would probably be benched on a better team.  And I don't understand his love obsession with DFS.  Just play THJ there to start and move Delon to SG, with Curry backing him up.

Is there any news on the Mavs trying to move him? Been holding just in case, but seems like the market is quiet