Sign in to follow this  
poofinger

“Big Money League”

1 hour ago, mjb said:

I've been in a 12 team $400 buy in league for the past 15 years.  It makes it fun, as winning the Championship is just as important as winning the cash.

59 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

It's all relative really. The fee needs to be high enough that people care to make optimal decisions but I think the quality of league members is just as important. 

Exactly. Going on the 19th year in my main league (and the only one I play in now), and while there's a nice chunk of change to the winner, the real incentive is to win the trophy, which is a plastic frog with label-maker tags across its chest of past champions. Tacky, and awesome. 

• Like 1

$250+ for big moneys. I’ll sprinkle in a few $25-50 leagues but then I’ll throw in dozens of best balls ranging from $1-25. Probably end up having around $500 in best balls. It’s just too much fan to draft teams. It’s also cool to see how your drafts differ from April to August.

12 year league, $2500 buy in. $50 transactions. You better believe guys draft deep. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My “big money league” is currently at $750, but we’ve been talking raising it to $1000 for years now. Just haven’t managed to get a vote passed.

I’d say the entry fee should at least be around $500 to consider it a big money league, maybe around $250 if you’re still in college.

I typically aim for one big league each season, with a few smaller $100/$150 leagues mixed in, I don’t think anything less than that is worth the time investment.

Edited by JDE
  • Like 1

My two leagues are $8000 and $2500 entry fee and $40/ add drop.

Most teams have 2 partners and there's an unwritten rule if you make super bowl you split 1st place and play for second.

I suspect there are leagues with $25k to $100k entry fee.   There's a lot of rich people who love fantasy 

Ahem. I believe we call these Professional money league's.

• Like 1

$200 entry fee...$5 every add...Winner take all...Runner up gets free entry into next season. Pots are approx. $2800 or so.