Sign in to follow this  
KennyWoo

Rate my auction WHIR

12 team half PPR.  Double flex: QB/2 RB/2 WR/2 Flex/TE/DST.  $200 auction budget:

QB Wilson $4
RB McCaffrey $61, Mixon $49, M. Gordon $13, Drake $5, Ekeler $4, McCoy $3, Cohen $1
WR Cooks $26, Hilton $15, Jeffery $8, Gordon $5, AJ Green $4, Pettis $1
TE Reed $1
DST None (will stream)

Need to drop a player by Sunday obviously.  I'm likely to just try to trade my last guy for a TE and drop Reed.

Would love to hear comments, positive or negative.  Leave a link and I'll WHIR although it might be tomorrow morning.

It's a solid team.  Getting Gordon and Ekeler for $17 is good, especially if Gordon gets traded into a good spot.  Wilson and Reed are your question marks.... Wilson has almost no one to throw to.  I wouldn't drop Reed yet, unless you get a good trade worked out pretty easily.  He's a volatile player, but his highs can be quite high, and he should do well against PHI this week.  If he puts together 1-3 good weeks to start the season, you could include him in some trade.

• Like 1

Really like your team. Similar strategy as what I did for my auction, except I didn't go after the 4 RB. You have depth in all areas which is nice & like you, I sure hope AJG comes back as a WR1 ros. Could be a steal. Who is available at TE, in case Reed can't play? 

• Like 1

Love your RBs (I wouldn't take Gordon without Eckler so I like that move). Also like going cheap at QB in general, although I worry about his weapons and Sea being  run-heavy team.  No issue with playing the wire there if need be though as solid QBs crop up fairly regularly. Your WRs could be hit or miss.  Will Hilton work without Luck? Are there too many mouths to feed for Cooks to be consistently relevant in LA? Same question for Jeffery. Will Gordon get suspended for the 473rd time? When will Green come back?  I don't dislike any individual player but my point is I would feel a bit better about the group if you had a steadying presence there.

The issue with Reed is you NEED a backup plan for him given his history.  I think this is his 7th documented concussion or something ridiculous like that.

Overall you're solid and went heavy on RB which is absolutely priority #1 IMO.  Your WRs I think will be fine but there's a lot of risk there.  I think you need to find a backup for Reed.

• Like 1

Solid team.  Definitely some gambles at WR but that’s how the game is played.  I also like to prioritize RB.  CMC with Mixon is a scary one two punch.  Thanks for your help with mine.  

• Like 1

Thank you all.  For those who asked about the TE situation, I'll essentially be streaming TE and DST this season and Reed is just my "first streamer."  You're right he'll have to be replaced soon in all likelihood.  But I figure, hey, if he plays Week 1, you could do worse.

I’m a bit down on Mixon this year but he’s definitely a solid rb2 to pair with arguably the top rb in cmc. Love the Gordon/eckler pairing you got at minimal value.

Bit concerned for the Wr spot outside of cooks until green comes back but you have a couple of guys who have produced big numbers before in Jeffery and Gordon and the upside guy in Pettis.

Reed as much as I love him when healthy is already dealing with concussion protocol so I’d say a viable backup is in order. 

• Like 1

Team looks great

You are absolutely set at RB particularly if Gordon plays and if he doesn't you still have Ekeler

There are a bit more question marks at WR until Green comes back but you got some solid options so you should be good

I don't trust Reed at all this year but you said you're streaming so you should be fine. I would absolutely trade for a new one because otherwise you have a really tough drop choice. I would probably drop Mccoy otherwise if I had to make a choice honestly

Thanks for the help with mine

• Like 1

I've never played auction, but those look like reasonable values throughout. You'll need some of your WRs to step up and for Reed to overcome his Faberge egg head and stay on the field. Solid roster!

Thanks for mine!

Edited by JJRules
  • Like 1

Very solid team. I don't have a lot of faith in Wilson fantasy wise. He's ok at best. Any other options still available?

Solid tema for sure.  CMC and Mixon are a great combo.  If Green comes back soon and Gordon plays it's crazy good.  I also like Pettis and the upside he has as a potential WR1 in the offense for a buck

check out mine:

Well balanced team, studly when AJ comes back.  I don’t like Reed, but it is what it is