Sign in to follow this  
skh502

Week 1 Lineup Questions, WHIR

My league is .5 pt PPR, and 1pt per 15 return yards.  10 teams.

My team is:

QB: Kyler Murray; Phillip Rivers

RB: Ezekiel Elliott; David Johnson; Aaron Jones; Kenyan Drake; Peyton Barber

WR: Julian Edelman; Tyler Lockett; DJ Moore; Sterling Shephard; Donte Moncrief

TE: OJ Howard

K: Butker

DEF: Bears

IDP: Bobby Wagner

I got to keep Elliott in the 2nd RD.  So my first question is, how'd I do?

Second, who to start week 1 at QB? I'm thinking with Gordon out, the Chargers might air it out more, and Murray might need a week or two to adjust to NFL speed.

Third, who to start at Flex.... Jones, Moore, or Shephard?

Thank you, WHIR!

Rivers, as I agree he should throw more, even if it is to Ekeler/Jackson.

I like Jones at flex, but if worried about the match up, then Moore would be my next choice. Good luck!

• Like 1

i would go with Rivers until we see how Kyler performs in real NFL action.

I prefer to flex an RB when faced with close-ish choices like this, and we've seen Jones put up better numbers in the past than either WR.

Thoughts on mine?

• Like 1

1) did the best with RBs and while your WRs are good, I’d maybe at least start looking at WR trade targets for a stud. Not sure how many RBs you start but I bet you could get a stud WR for A Jones on an RB needy team.

2) I would also go Rivers. AZ is just too much of an unknown right now. 

3) agree with the above regarding the flex: Jones, but DJ is a close second 

Thoughts on mine?

• Like 1

Your RB's are amazing and you have a great PPR WR in Edelman and a good WR2 in Lockett.  I also like Howard at TE this year.  

I would start Rivers and Jones.  I am going with Jones my self in a .5 PPR league over some of my other flex options. 

• Like 1

I concur with everyone else's thoughts here. Rivers and Jones for sure. As far as your overall team goes, I like everything besides your WR corps . Lockett I love , Moore has some nice upside, Edelman I'm not to sure about. I know he's a model for consistency & Bradys favorite target , just feel like he is on the decline end of his career. Gordon is there now too, Demaryius Thomas. But it's half ppr you should be fine with Julian, his yardage and TD's might be low tho. If Moncrief matins the WR2 role on the Steelers that should be real nice as well. Just try to bolster your receiving corps throughout the season, maybe hopefully hopefully Barber or Drake really go off sometime trade or something. 

• Like 1

Definitely Rivers. Jones vs. Moore is close, my gut says Moore but my head says Jones. I just have a feeling the Bears could shut down Jones tonight.

• Like 1

Thanks dudes.  I always hate starting a player against my own DEF, especially when my DEF is very good (like da Bears) lol.  But I'll try not to overthink it.

I had Edelman and Lockett last year and liked them.... the points for return yards gives them an extra little boost, especially Lockett.  If one of Moore, Shephard and Moncrief can step up and be a WR2 type, then I'll be A-OK, I think.

I only do 1 league each year, and I've gotten 2nd place 4 of the last 6 years (and one 3rd), so I'm really hoping this team goes the distance finally!