gus030

Mohamed Sanu 2019 Outlook

Didn’t see a thread for him, had a consistent season last year and was good bye week filler in ppr

if Julio misses week 1 he’s a solid flex

Sanu would be a decent wr3-type start if Julio misses time but keep in mind that they play Minnesota in week 1.

Obviously a (very) low ceiling guy, but he brought in 5 of 6 for 57 yards tonight. This early in the season, he's probably someone you can add and start in very deep leagues, but with the low upside you don't really want to waste a bench slot on him. He's still someone to monitor, though. He'll clearly be involved in the offense.

54 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Solid little bye week filler but nothing more.

Tis the season....

2 hours ago, herschel said:

No love for this guy, huh?

He is a solid high floor WR5, especially in PPR. I am using him as a bye week fill in this week where I have a strong team and just need to bank on 10-15 reliable points from my second WR slot.

One thing to keep in mind is he does have 4 passing TDs in his career, including one in each of the last two seasons (233 yards on 8 attempts, 7 completions for his career) so he has another path to (random) weekly value outside of receiving.

He is durable as well and finished last year as WR30 and was WR32 the previous year. What hurts him for fantasy is he has a low ceiling and that's why he flies under the radar. He has only three career 100 yard games. 

6 minutes ago, ilikepieman said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheJoeyMcNeely/status/1184195912144490499

Something to monitor, he’s available in my league, considering picking him up, idk if he’s already owned in 14+ team leagues

That’s odd. The past few years he’s been owned in every PPR league I’ve been in, 10 and 12 team. Since he’s a slot receiver on a good offense. Hypothetically good, I mean.

Edited by FitzMagic

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

That’s odd. The past few years he’s been owned in every PPR league I’ve been in, 10 and 12 team. Since he’s a slot receiver on a good offense. Hypothetically good, I mean.

Yeah, it’s a standard league—not even sure if his value goes up with New England, but the WR wire is completely dry... Slayton, Cobb, Cole Beasley, Preston Williams, etc

• Like 1

With Ramsey now with the Rams & probably matched up on Jones all game,  I can see Sanu having a really nice game this week. Ridley is a boom or bust WR, while Sanu can get volume & move the chains

9 minutes ago, STEVEfromLA said:

I guess Gordon isn’t worth the bench spot any more. 

sigh

What is his value now? Never know with the Patriots but I'd say with a 2nd round value that he is gonna play and contribute big. 

4 minutes ago, Mattice1 said:

What is his value now? Never know with the Patriots but I'd say with a 2nd round value that he is gonna play and contribute big. 

A little bump just because NE lacks a receiving TE and and quality receivers on the outside like Julio and Ridley. So, I'd say he will probably have the value of what people were expecting out of Josh Gordon. Of course Sanu isn't playing outside due to his lack of speed. I would imagine he'd go into the slot and perfect to receive slants from Brady.