Members_Only_76

Buy Low / Sell High 2019

1 minute ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I wish I could back 10-12 years ago when Yahoo leagues did there own player updates but didn't update them frequently. And I could go on rotoworld and collect all the information I needed to be successful thus leaving my league mates scratching there heads and trying to figure out how I knew something they didnt. 

It's the "stickiness" of ADP, what they gave up during the draft, being so early in the season and all...

But hey, you win some, you lose some... Based on week 3, I'm glad the fella rejected my offer

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Nobody wants to get smoked in a trade which is why they almost never happen.

I'm not super enamored w/ David Johnson just on the eye test and situation....but what are realistic trade options?

I don't think you could get Chubb....the thought crossed my mind to offer him to the Barkley owner (I'm 3-0 at the moment), but that is just beyond risky considering Saquon might come back in 2 months and be limited since the Giants will have nothing to play for by that point.

I’ve actually offered my Gurley for someones DJ 🤷🏿‍♂️

58 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Nobody wants to get smoked in a trade which is why they almost never happen.

I'm not super enamored w/ David Johnson just on the eye test and situation....but what are realistic trade options?

I don't think you could get Chubb....the thought crossed my mind to offer him to the Barkley owner (I'm 3-0 at the moment), but that is just beyond risky considering Saquon might come back in 2 months and be limited since the Giants will have nothing to play for by that point.

I offered up Chubb for their David Johnson last week and got declined lol

Buy low: Antonio Brown, Davante Adams, Michael Thomas, Leveon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, OJ Howard

Sell high: Mark Ingram, Lamar Jackson, Keenan Allen, Derrick Henry

11 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

I actually like Lindsay (I own no shares and thought he was a good value and regret not acquiring any)...the guy is way more talented and versatile then Freeman, also is a receiving threat where Freeman isn’t and Flacco loves targeting his backs, coupled with the broncos sucking and trailing I see Lindsay having a very solid year.

Do you watch the games? Or are you saying that based on stat line?

4 hours ago, street sharks said:

Who are you targeting with him?

Someone like carson, Aaron Jones i feel like both running backs aren’t doing too well. So might be easy to buy. 

Juju name alone might be enough to get an rb2 

maybe even get you a D.mont. He still hasn’t had a break out game yet. But he will 

21 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Someone like carson, Aaron Jones i feel like both running backs aren’t doing too well. So might be easy to buy. 

maybe even get you a D.mont. He still hasn’t had a break out game yet. But he will 

No D.Monty won't unless Cohen and Nagy go away.  

29 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Not sure if Carson is a good buy. 3 games, 3 fumbles. He is down to like a 3.1 ypc. TBH I don't give a crap about any coach speak. If Penny was healthy he may have already lost his starting position.

53 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

Do you watch the games? Or are you saying that based on stat line?

I didn’t watch the game, only highlights, but I’ve watched a ton of him last year, and was a fan of him as a college player.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dms80790 said:

Buy low: Antonio Brown, Davante Adams, Michael Thomas, Leveon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, OJ Howard

Sell high: Mark Ingram, Lamar Jackson, Keenan Allen, Derrick Henry

Curious as to what your thoughts are pertaining to Ingram and Jackson? Injury risky or a down-tick in production? That's a pretty lucrative system for RB production

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mvttchew said:

What were people offering when Joe Mixon was considered a buy low target? 

I traded for Mixon in 2 of my leagues after week 2. 

Traded Lindsay + Latavius for Mixon in one league and traded Diggs + Cohen for Mixon & DJ Chark in another league.

Wasn't a crazy buy low ( i thought pretty fair), but i was betting on the upside for ROS

Edited by swetooth9
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gfycat said:

You can probably get leveon pretty cheap this week - should be better days ahead for him 

Depends on format.  In PPR, he had 23 in week 1 and 20 in week 2, so I doubt one bad week has people running for the hills - especially given their week 4 bye and a looming Darnold return.

Edited by ToO_BaD

9 hours ago, Gfycat said:

You can probably get leveon pretty cheap this week - should be better days ahead for him 

U wont get him cheap... he gets over 25 touches a game. No one will sell low on that. 

14 hours ago, Shimmer said:

Curious as to what your thoughts are pertaining to Ingram and Jackson? Injury risky or a down-tick in production? That's a pretty lucrative system for RB production

Absolutely agreed. Ravens play v Browns, @ Steelers, v Bengals, @ Seahawks, v Patriots and @ Bengals next six weeks. Only the Pats game looks like a tough matchup. I don't see the "sell high" here - more of a "out-performing ADP, ride this train all the way to the station".

15 hours ago, Shimmer said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Jackson and Ingram are great and will have fantastic years.  But at the same time, I think their value is at its peak right now.  Ingram is coming off a 3 TD game. That's not going to happen every week (obviously), so his value will never be higher.  If I can trade him for a top 5 WR I would.

Similar thing for Jackson.  He's just producing at such a high clip right now.  I think his production will take a dip after playing two terrible defenses and the Chiefs.

To clarify before I get flamed, I'm not saying there will be a huge fall-off.  I'm just saying they are at peak value right now and if you can get someone to buy at that price I'd do it.  It's called selling high for a reason lol...

For reference, I'm trying to trade Ingram for Leveon Bell, DeAndre Hopkins, or Davante Adams. Not saying you can get that, I'm saying its worth an offer.

Edited by dms80790
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, buckets88 said:

Conner a buy low? Offer lockett or ajones?

Think I'd rather have Lockett and Jones. Conner doesn't look good at all when I watch him and Rudolph looks horrible 

18 minutes ago, buckets88 said:

Conner a buy low? 

Wouldn't give a top 20 rb for him right now. 

• Haha 1

If you believe Pitt can turn things around Conner is model buy low. If not, I would stash Snell and look for other buy low's. Im buying because he is high risk high rewand and price is not that high. I traded Rolls Royce and Robby Anderson for him so not bad I think..depends on how frustrate the owner is

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarielJr said:

Jarvis Landry didnt put any outstanding game yet,buy low opportunity?

That Browns O looks terrible, I don't have any faith in any of them not named OBJ.

Def buy low opportunity, but value will remain low..

6 hours ago, MarielJr said:

Jarvis Landry didnt put any outstanding game yet,buy low opportunity?

I personally wouldn't. I guess it depends on how deep your league is though. He's sitting as a FA in my full PPR 10 teamer if that tells you anything