Members_Only_76

Buy Low / Sell High 2019

2 hours ago, LuckyLukas said:

what? He was the product of a very good blocking (line and fullback). They traded for blocking TE from Seahawks and his fullback Nix will be back week 5. Model buy low.

As for McLaurin or Kirk...have both and looking to trade them after tomorrow games as I think both should have solid games

I think Steelers have to commit to the run more for Conner to be productive.  When they gave him 20+ rushes a game last year, he feasted.  Way different situation this year, but obviously he's more of a volume guy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meverett85 said:

What does selling high on Evans mean though? Which type of WR/RB would you accept?

Most probably drafted him in the early 3rd....you aren't going to get a WR drafted ahead of him. Do you trade him for Amari Cooper/ Tyler Lockett/ Cooper Kupp?

I just traded Mike Evans, Josh allen, and Breida for Bell. 

Picked up Tevin Coleman off the wire 

• Like 1

Just now, Jpsuta said:

I just traded Mike Evans, Josh allen, and Breida for Bell. 

Picked up Tevin Coleman off the wire 

Nice trade and pickup.  I'm big on Tevin

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Nice trade and pickup.  I'm big on Tevin

Thanks!

I thought so too. People are so low on Bell but he has the potential to be Top 3 RB in PPR this year especially when Darnold gets back. Usage is insane. Just has to stay healthy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jpsuta said:

Thanks!

I thought so too. People are so low on Bell but he has the potential to be Top 3 RB in PPR this year especially when Darnold gets back. Usage is insane. Just has to stay healthy. 

Absolutely on bell. They're gonna run him into the ground. That's not your problem unless it's a keeper league. For bell's sake hopefully they ease up some for longevity

Aron Jones if the owner shares the same sentiment many seem to have here, worried about splitting touches.

Bottom line outside of the rough bears matchup the guy has produced. He produced last year as well. Davante banged up probably helps his outlook even more.

So if you find a panicked owner worried about his touches now is the time to pounce 

6 hours ago, LuckyLukas said:

what? He was the product of a very good blocking (line and fullback). They traded for blocking TE from Seahawks and his fullback Nix will be back week 5. Model buy low.

I'm not saying this condescendingly, but did you watch him last year? He hasn't had a play go for over 30 yards his entire career, he was a product of volume in a great offense, hence averaging a TD a week. This is half the offense (and that's being generous). He's not a Saquon type talent that can overcome a bad team. Few can. 

3 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm not saying this condescendingly, but did you watch him last year? He hasn't had a play go for over 30 yards his entire career, he was a product of volume in a great offense, hence averaging a TD a week. This is half the offense (and that's being generous). He's not a Saquon type talent that can overcome a bad team. Few can. 

I think you're understating Rudolph and JuJu's long term capabilities personally and relying too hard on status quo to inform your opinion, but hey, to each their own.  I could be wrong, but I think Rudolph surprises you with how much better he gets, and by proxy, improves Conner's outlook.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Who hi did you trade for him?

OJ Howard

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Good enough. I agree to disagree but I think that is what they want to do - commit to the run and give him the ball. Im also not so down on that offense so obviously im buying Conner because he is cheap as f---. Not a huge investment right now but maybe high reward later..quite frankly I cant think of better buy lows than Steelers and Jets. We will see in a couple of weeks how it turns out.

• Like 1

I think weeks main buy low targets should be Hopkins and Beckham.

Nuk- Yes that line is brutal and the offense hasn’t clicked, but nuk has gone up against some of the best shut down corners in the game thus far.

Seems like ages ago it was week 1 and he was balling out. Might find a panicked owner concerned he doesn’t turn things around. Good chance he shall. Maybe won’t put up his typical hop numbers but should finish no worse then a low end Wr1.

ODB- Many will cringe at the stat line this past weekend and say too many mouths or too inconsistent. And while it’s true he didn’t need to ball out this weekend, as another poster pointed out he basically was decoy and attracted additional coverage from lbs and safeties which opened things up for seals jones. With Higgins and Calloway coming back teams will not be afforded to give OBJ this much attention, and the big games will be there imo. 

Sell high 

Keenan Allen - Yes I know, he had a down week so how is this selling high. Of course I expect him to have much better weeks ahead, but my intuition tells me with Gordon returning to move the chains on the tough 3rd and shorts Keenan, while still effective, won’t be seeing the absurd number of targets he has thus far. I imagine he finishes a top ten Wr but right now you could probably get top3 value prices for him

47 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

but right now you could probably get top3 value prices for him

Who are your Top 3 WR ROS, because I see Allen as a top 5 WR ROS.

Even if we say Top10 i wouldn't just trade any of them again another one because you never know what comes and in the end you are the loser of the trade.
I then prefer to stay put, but thats just me.

Edited by thebadferret

Just now, thebadferret said:

Who are your Top 3 WR ROS. 

Call me crazy but I’d say Hopkins Beckham and Julio. 

Allen might finish there because of his insane start, I just think he’s roles gonna be scaled back slightly with Gordon’s return. 

Hopkins, I own him but I won't trade him though. I think he will have monster games these next two games. But yeah butt low on him if you can.

Also, Tyreek Hill - It seems that the Chiefs are in no rush to bring him back and he could miss another two weeks. So if the Hill owner in your league is getting impatient then I think now would be a great time to buy low on him.

Edited by FrancoJavierM
edit

Another guy I’m debating on selling high on is godwin. Two huge games, one dud and one game that was saved by a td.

I think the inconsistency will be a theme all season and right now if you can sell him as a top 5 Wr as he’s the 3rd ranked Wr right now, I’d pull the trigger. 

1 minute ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Another guy I’m debating on selling high on is godwin. Two huge games, one dud and one game that was saved by a td.

I think the inconsistency will be a theme all season and right now if you can sell him as a top 5 Wr as he’s the 3rd ranked Wr right now, I’d pull the trigger. 

Godwin for juju owners’s!!

27 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Ok, but if you’re selling Godwin, who are you asking for?

• Like 1

Just now, Gandalfthecat said:

Ok, but if you’re selling Godwin, who are you asking for?

Im thinking of trying to package for obj. I have Hopkins in that league but if I didn’t he’d be another target as well

2 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Buy low on josh jacobs maybe?

could definitely wait a week. plays the bears this week

2 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Also, Tyreek Hill - It seems that the Chiefs are in no rush to bring him back and he could miss another two weeks. So if the Hill owner in your league is getting impatient then I think now would be a great time to buy low on him.

Owners who have sat on him since the start, or earlier (including myself) are most likely not going to waste their investment on him 1-2 weeks before his return. He has looked INSANELY good in practice and is returning with a chip on his shoulder. I'm not moving him.

• Like 3

Just now, daethfromabove1979 said:

Might be a good time to buy low on Ekeler in PPR.

As an Ekeler owner, you can pry him from my cold, dead hand.