Members_Only_76

Buy Low / Sell High 2019

20 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

is giving up DJ for bell too much? The bell owner has chase edmonds (higher waiver and snagged him ahead of me). I love DJ but he doesn't seem to be holding up that well, Bell already has had bye week too and schedule looks soft down the stretch. Thoughts?

If this was offered to you, you need to drop whatever you're doing and pound the accept button right now.

Bell has a cupcake schedule the foreseeable future and DJ DNP again today.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

If this was offered to you, you need to drop whatever you're doing and pound the accept button right now.

Bell has a cupcake schedule the foreseeable future and DJ DNP again today.

I was going to pitch the trade to him today and see what he thinks, he loves DJ and would take it but im having cold feet. I stack with Kyler Murray so they've been producing well for me but DJ just doesnt seem to be holding up, possibly misses this game , has bye still and could miss more games?

Bell is probably the top buy low for me right now. If I was assured of making the playoffs I'd try to unload a WR3 I never started for AJ Green as well. Situation doesn't look great but it's worth the risk. 

2 hours ago, twistedude said:

Buy Low: OBJ (I just got him for Edmonds/Woods)

Sell High: Edmonds (faces NO and SFx2 before his bye)

Idk man most owners want a lot for obj 

but maybe I’ll wait and see after the pats game. Could get him fit lower. 

I was offered Melvin Gordon for A.J. Green and Sony Michel.  Is that a good buy low trade? Especially with Sony being kind of a sell high right now, and A.J. not looking like he's coming back at all honestly.

14 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

I was offered Melvin Gordon for A.J. Green and Sony Michel.  Is that a good buy low trade? Especially with Sony being kind of a sell high right now, and A.J. not looking like he's coming back at all honestly.

I like it, but it does come with some risk. Gordon's a great buy low right now, and Michel is a fantastic sell high, but AJG is a huge wildcard. Could be a WR1 in two weeks, could not play a snap this year. Makes gauging his value very difficult. 

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I like it, but it does come with some risk. Gordon's a great buy low right now, and Michel is a fantastic sell high, but AJG is a huge wildcard. Could be a WR1 in two weeks, could not play a snap this year. Makes gauging his value very difficult. 

That almost pushes me to do the trade because I have good receiver depth.  I'd be starting A.J. over someone like Diggs, Allen Robinson, John Brown, JuJu.... I think I'm going to make the offer to him again because he offered it last week before another bad week from Gordon and a great week from Michel.

I don't think Melvin Gordon is a buy low tbh.  I think he's just bad.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Huh? Gordon sucks, their O-line sucks, and if the coaching staff had any sense, they’d go back to giving Ekeler 80% of the touches (which they might).  

Gordon hasn’t had a 10 yard run yet, I believe he’s averaging less than 2 yards per carry, the offense is scoring about a TD less per game and the team is 0-3 since he came back. Oh yeah, and he fumbled 3 times last game, including on the goalline to lose the game.

Melvin Gordon is not a good buy low.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Melvin Gordon might be a decent guy to sell, though.  Still a pretty big name...

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Huh? Gordon sucks, their O-line sucks, and if the coaching staff had any sense, they’d go back to giving Ekeler 80% of the touches (which they might).  

Gordon hasn’t had a 10 yard run yet, I believe he’s averaging less than 2 yards per carry, the offense is scoring about a TD less per game and the team is 0-3 since he came back. Oh yeah, and he fumbled 3 times last game, including on the goalline to lose the game.

Melvin Gordon is not a good buy low.

What's changed from last year? He's not fat. Is it a Gurley type situation where injuries have just taken their toll? Before his injury last year he was the most consistent guy in the league. I don't think he had one week under 15. That's suddenly gone now? Hard to believe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Bell is probably the top buy low for me right now. If I was assured of making the playoffs I'd try to unload a WR3 I never started for AJ Green as well. Situation doesn't look great but it's worth the risk. 

Just tried to acquire Bell from the last place team, and it was vetoed. Got accused of poaching

Edited by BurgundyBooger

10 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Just tried to acquire Bell from the last place team, and it was vetoed. Got accused of poaching

after 7 weeks, is this last place team already mathematically eliminated from playoffs? and what did you offer the team for Bell?

4 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

after 7 weeks, is this last place team already mathematically eliminated from playoffs? and what did you offer the team for Bell?

1-2 more losses and he's done. His QB is Jimmy G and I offered TB12 & Kupp (his best receiver is ARob).

Edited by BurgundyBooger

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

1-2 more losses and he's done. His QB is Jimmy G and I offered TB12 & Kupp (his best receiver is ARob).

if the team is not mathematically eliminated than there should be an issue, Your offer in my opinion, I wouldn't have accepted your offer, but i don't think it should have been vetoed.  bunch of haters in your league

5 hours ago, BeefDaddy said:

I was going to pitch the trade to him today and see what he thinks, he loves DJ and would take it but im having cold feet. I stack with Kyler Murray so they've been producing well for me but DJ just doesnt seem to be holding up, possibly misses this game , has bye still and could miss more games?

This is not the AC forum. That said any owner with sense would laugh at that offer 

• Like 2

Buy low L Bell.

The price will still probably be steep, but with his schedule down the stretch I could easily see him producing top 3-5 rb numbers. And if you make it to the ship with him week 16 he’s facing Pitt so you just know he’s gonna ball out 

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Tbh, that’s fair. In my league he was traded for a mid-grade WR2 and and RB2. Around 14 and 15 at their positions. Kupp is WR1 and Bell is pretty even with the RB2 given up in my league even accounting for the bye week. Your league is probably not factoring in actual statistics here. Half the season done and it means the actual statistics matter. Not ADP.

9 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Buy low L Bell.

The price will still probably be steep, but with his schedule down the stretch I could easily see him producing top 3-5 rb numbers. And if you make it to the ship with him week 16 he’s facing Pitt so you just know he’s gonna ball out 

Pitt defense has been very solid this year especially rushing the passer. Darnold is going to get eaten alive and kill gamescript in that one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Pitt defense has been very solid this year especially rushing the passer. Darnold is going to get eaten alive and kill gamescript in that one.

I don’t think they prevent bell from having a big day barring good health. He’s produced decent numbers already facing New England twice, philly and buffalo. He is a matchup proof volume play and he is gonna come out with a vendetta 

Sanu might be a buy high.  His value has obviously never been higher considering he was free last week, but potential is there for WR2 ROS which I don’t think you would need to pay in order to land him....