Members_Only_76

Buy Low / Sell High 2019

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

What's changed from last year? He's not fat. Is it a Gurley type situation where injuries have just taken their toll? Before his injury last year he was the most consistent guy in the league. I don't think he had one week under 15. That's suddenly gone now? Hard to believe. 

Offensive line has changed. Big time. Last year was the best line Gordon ever had since he has been there. Mainly because everyone was actually healthy.  I get Gordon every year except this one. If you held a gun to my head and made me I would still say no and take the chance you miss my brain.

7 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

What's changed from last year? He's not fat. Is it a Gurley type situation where injuries have just taken their toll? Before his injury last year he was the most consistent guy in the league. I don't think he had one week under 15. That's suddenly gone now? Hard to believe. 

What has changed from last year?

EVERYTHING. Stop being stubborn.

The Chargers went from a SuperBowl contender to one of the worst teams in football because of injuries.

Gordon SUCKED his rookie year (most people forget), Woodhead was better. Most people forget bc he was a product of a healthy and good offense the last two years. Dude is average. No one will remember Melvin Gordon in 5 years, and he will never get paid. Bye. 👋🏻.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

What has changed from last year?

EVERYTHING. Stop being stubborn.

The Chargers went from a SuperBowl contender to one of the worst teams in football because of injuries.

Gordon SUCKED his rookie year (most people forget), Woodhead was better. Most people forget bc he was a product of a healthy and good offense the last two years. Dude is average. No one will remember Melvin Gordon in 5 years, and he will never get paid. Bye. 👋🏻.

This sounds like you're not a Gordon fan. They still have Rivers, Allen, Williams, Ekeler, and Henry has emerged as arguably the TE1. That is a very capable offense. And their remaining schedule is pretty RB friendly. 

4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This sounds like you're not a Gordon fan. They still have Rivers, Allen, Williams, Ekeler, and Henry has emerged as arguably the TE1. That is a very capable offense. And their remaining schedule is pretty RB friendly. 

Yeah, I’ve probably watched more Chargers games since he came in the league than most because their my second team... I just think he’s a very average RB. He’s decent at a lot of things, but not great at anything. His YPC is below average for his career, and I just think he’s basically replacement level for the NFL. Which is why his holdout was so ridiculous.

Apologies if I came off a bit like a d*ckhead yesterday, I was all amped up by the Nationals going up 2-0 in the World Series.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Just tried to acquire Bell from the last place team, and it was vetoed. Got accused of poaching

Garbage league then

• Like 1

Buy super low...Christian Kirk.  Can probably get him either off waivers or for almost nothing. 

He was seeing plenty of targets in that offense and nobody in that WR corps has done much since he's been out.  Could see him being a decent WR3/Flex type guy when he gets back....Especially with Johnson on the shelf.

Only issue is having SF twice in the next few weeks so hopefully you don't need him those weeks. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Buy super low...Christian Kirk.  Can probably get him either off waivers or for almost nothing. 

He was seeing plenty of targets in that offense and nobody in that WR corps has done much since he's been out.  Could see him being a decent WR3/Flex type guy when he gets back....Especially with Johnson on the shelf.

Only issue is having SF twice in the next few weeks so hopefully you don't need him those weeks. 

i like this one.  I'm trying to get him right now.  I hope he sits again this week.

How about Josh Jacobs? Looking at Oaklands schedule down the stretch it looks pretty good and they've already had bye week.Seems to be getting worked into passing plays a bit more as well

2 hours ago, BeefDaddy said:

How about Josh Jacobs? Looking at Oaklands schedule down the stretch it looks pretty good and they've already had bye week.Seems to be getting worked into passing plays a bit more as well

I was all over this until his shoulder injury popped up.  Still a good target but maybe plants a seed of doubt.  Or maybe you can use it to your advantage in prying him loose from the owner.

Edited by cothane
  • Like 1

Buy Low:

Le'Veon Bell

Josh Jacobs

Keenan Allen

Davante Adams

Chris Godwin

Adam Thielen

T.Y. Hilton

Allen Robinson

Robby Anderson

Sell High:

Aaron Jones

Tevin Coleman (this is only if you can parlay Coleman and a piece for a top tier player)

Chris Carson

Devonta Freeman

Miles Sanders

Joe Mixon

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Julian Edelman (if they bring in someone like Robby Anderson, it hurts all the receiving options)

Stefon Diggs

Courtland Sutton

Christian Kirk

Tyrell Williams

• Haha 2

Sony Michel screams sell high right now. He benefited from a really comfortable schedule with ultra-positive game flows and a Rex Burkhead injury. Now both factors are going to work against him in the next few weeks.

Buy low:

Keenan Allen. He's still heavily involved and dropped what should have been a 40yd TD. I think rivers/Allen connection will improve. His value is likely lowest it'll be if his owners didn't get to see the game and only viewed the box score

Robby Anderson- this week he goes up against miami with their top cb out. Juicy schedule and seems to be darnolds fave guy. Had two big plays called back last week

Calvin Ridley- look at that schedule! Sanu gone

Bell if owners are panicking

Derick Henry- pretty nice schedule even though I think he sucks, he'll get volume

Kenny stills

Kirk- after Thursday

Sell high-

Carson- tough schedule coming up

Watson- tough schedule

Sutton- QB situation plus Sanders gone is bad imo

Diggs- value is at all time high

16 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Sony Michel screams sell high right now. He benefited from a really comfortable schedule with ultra-positive game flows and a Rex Burkhead injury. Now both factors are going to work against him in the next few weeks.

Pats are always going to get goalline opportunities and love running there like 2/3 attempts. Defense is good enough to not kill gamescript (yes even against the better teams they're going to play). Rex Burkhead is going to last like 2 games before getting injured again. 

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

Would love to sell high on Carson but dont think you'll be able to get decent value. 

I traded him for Keenan today in PPR

Edited by scheibler

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

Not bad if you have the RB depth but I'm sure hes most people's starting RB2 so most would like a RB back. Maybe Bell but that's a big risk with how awful the Jets look

Edited by vthokie3

2 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

What kind of wr would you be looking for?

2 hours ago, scheibler said:

Yeesh no way id trade Carson for Allen

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yanksman said:

What kind of wr would you be looking for?

Top target would be Allen Robinson. John Brown would be next. Maybe Hilton in a buy low too but I’m not sold on his situation but it’s hard to tell with the Colts new offense.

Edited by WaiverLooter

2 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Would love to sell high on Carson but dont think you'll be able to get decent value. 

I’m in a rough spot and needed to trade players I have for ones that are past a bye to make playoffs. 

I packaged Carson with thielen for Odell, bell, and Winston ( I had Kyler but wouldn’t do me any good twice vs SF and a bye). Might have been different if I didn’t need to win to make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Yeesh no way id trade Carson for Allen

We'll see. I didn't like Carson's schedule and have Chubb and Coleman to start. 

2 hours ago, huskydawgs33 said:

I traded Michel for JuJu in non ppr 

I think this ends up being a great trade and I actually don’t think most owners would trade away a player like Juju since he was drafted so highly. For a RB like Michel, I would be looking at a WR2 that is the primary option in the offense. Ranked in priority would be Robinson, Juju, John Brown (although I’d want another piece if trading for John Brown). Chark is interesting as well because he has been putting up WR1 numbers but most likely free as a pickup so his trade value might be lower but there’s also the risk of regression for him as teams key in on him as the primary receiver with safety help over the top.

Edited by WaiverLooter