Members_Only_76

Buy Low / Sell High 2019

5 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Points per block and snaps league

I don’t think you saw what he did there by saying I saw what you did there

4 minutes ago, Alconbury said:

I don’t think you saw what he did there by saying I saw what you did there

I don't think you get my factual jest too.

One of those killer weeks just happened in week 2

Edited by Szer0

10 hours ago, this guy right here said:

He played MIA and AZ with no Peterson. He's a sell high. He may be good....but he's not this good and will come down to earth sooner than later.

7 of the last 8 QBs to rush for 700 yards in a season finished as a top 5 fantasy QB. Lamar was 5 yards shy of 700 yards rushing last year and that was while only playing half a season as the starter. If you don't believe in him that's fine and you're entitled to your opinion, but the writing was on the wall for him to post a top 5 year if you just looked at the statistics. He was going to get there with his rushing game regardless. The improvement on his passing ability is just icing on the cake that puts him top 3 instead of top 5. Combine that with his easy defensive schedule and it's a recipe for a great fantasy year. Tell me who you're worried about on the Ravens schedule other than the Rams in Week 12? I'll wait.

1 hour ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I think the prime buy lows right now should be Evans and Kittle.

Both slow out of the gate. Evans in a new offense thus far looks like the two to Godwin, kittle not getting as much burn with Debo and the run game dominating firs two weeks. Things you don’t see in the box score kittle had two tds called back due to penalty and I believe Evans had one or two td drops in end zone. 

Bottom line these guys are both arguably top 5 talent wise at their positions and talent usually wins out in the end. I feel better about kittle because Jameis is a mess. 

I came here to post this. Kittle is the #2 TE in the league when you combine opportunity and talent, right behind Kelce. Ertz can be argued while Jeffery and DJax are sidelined, but once they come back Ertz is going to be a lot more erratic than Kittle.

With Evans all you need to do is look at how many times the Bucs are passing the ball. Godwin has been fortunate to hit paydirt twice now, but if you think Mike Evans isn't going to get those looks moving forward you're kidding yourself. Mike Evans can be had for $0.40 on the dollar right now and it's definitely worth it. I don't believe in Jameis either, but I believe in Bruce Arians and that the Bucs are going to be in a lot of games where they'll have to pass to mount a comeback.

A third guy I'd probably buy low on if owners are already freaking out is JuJu. I think he's going to get hyper-targeted. This one is less certain than Evans and Kittle, but he can probably be had for $0.70 on the dollar right now for worried owners. He's still top 12.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buy low on Davante Adams. He’s seen some tough matchups first three weeks in Denver, Minny and Chicago. Much like mike Evans before this week , owners are starting to sour on one of the most talented WRs in the game. Talent always prevails in the long game 

• Haha 1

Robert Woods is someone I would be interested in. Think owners might begin to worry he's odd man out. 

Sony Michel I think gets better quality points soon too. 

56 minutes ago, Nate1213 said:

Anyone buying low on Chris Carson?

I might....but only if I had Penny too lol.

There's upside in that backfield.  But Carson has to be losing some trust of his coaches with the fumbles even though I know Pete had statements yesterday supporting him.  Penny missed a huge opportunity yesterday because if he were active I bet he would've taken a good chunk of the reps.

It's just a touchy situation.  I think I'd rather buy even lower on Penny than buy Carson.  I just can't get out of my head that the Seahawks made Penny was a top draft pick for a reason and it's not like he's played poorly.  He was looking good out there before this hammy problem.

46 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Sony. Buy buy buy

I sold Sony for mixon last week. I’d suggest everyone sell Sony. 

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

My whole team is a buy low squad... Adam's, Carson, Michel, Kittle, 

I can relate to that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Buy low on Davante Adams. He’s seen some tough matchups first three weeks in Denver, Minny and Chicago. Much like mike Evans before this week , owners are starting to sour on one of the most talented WRs in the game. Talent always prevails in the long game 

He has Bears and Minnesota in the playoffs. Unless you plan on selling again later I think this is a bad idea. 

Kittle is on bye; perfect time to try to buy him.  I don't think his value should really be "low" but he hasn't had any huge games yet (all good games, no big games) mainly because he hasn't scored a TD and some people are starting to grumble.  Let their mistake be your profit.

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Sony. Buy buy buy

What is the thought process behind this one? I have Sony and will be putting him on the shelf for a while.

Are you assuming they haven't played him to avoid injury since he was not needed? If he didn't score a TD this week he may have hit the WW. 

11 minutes ago, Duckbutter said:

What is the thought process behind this one? I have Sony and will be putting him on the shelf for a while.

Are you assuming they haven't played him to avoid injury since he was not needed? If he didn't score a TD this week he may have hit the WW. 

He obviously loves pain, suffering, and disappointment. 

Buy low on Jeffery.

PHI has trash WR's and Wentz will feed him when he returns (most likely this week).

1 minute ago, joebaker23 said:

Is Todd Gurley a buy low candidate? Knee is worrisome, but if I can get him at a discount, might as well right?

I think so. I just traded away Marlon Mack and Randall Cobb for Gurley and Diggs. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I think so. I just traded away Marlon Mack and Randall Cobb for Gurley and Diggs. 

I have Carson but not sure if I should swap him for Gurley straight up

What to do if your whole roster is a buy low candidate? 

Gurley, AB, Kittle, Woods, & Sony. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Duckbutter said:

I am actually waiting to see if he hits the WW in my 12 team league.  I doubt the owner is going to drop him.  My thought process on this is that the Patriot's O-line is a work in progress.  There are a lot of bodies moving in and out over the past three weeks.  There have been injuries and what not.  Scarnecchia's first thing is to ensure the preservation of Brady.  I think they are doing a fine job at that.  Patriots run blocking is usually playing 4D chess while the rest of the NFL is playing checkers...so it is going to take some time.  I think that Michel can be a late season bloomer and a playoff winner.  I see Burkhead taking a good chunk of the running game away in the short term but it is only a matter of time before he slows down to injury / wear and tear.  Michel will be back and when he does...it's going to be big.