Members_Only_76

Buy Low / Sell High 2019

Adam Thielen sell high? dunno what kind of WR or RB to target though.  Don't think people would give up an Adams for him but also don't think someone like Juju is even better than him ROS

5 minutes ago, Novaray said:

Adam Thielen sell high? dunno what kind of WR or RB to target though.  Don't think people would give up an Adams for him but also don't think someone like Juju is even better than him ROS

Hard to do a WR for WR trade. But for RB, I would target Aaron Jones, Marlon Mack. Although you might need to add something to get Mack.

You could also easily get McCoy or Mixon and another piece if you believe in their respective ROS prospects

2 hours ago, Ryan81 said:

What to do if your whole roster is a buy low candidate? 

Start dreaming of 2020.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Kittle still getting target volume to be top 5.

10 minutes ago, lindown said:

Gurley buy low? Any believer?

No he isn't. I mean, like anything it depends on what price, i.e. "how low",  but I would expect similar snaps to what he's receiving now, slowly increasing towards to the playoffs. I do think is workload will be heavier in the real NFL playoffs, but they're just preserving him until then. Still means he's not in the top 5 RB.

6 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Quite a bit of sell lows in the assistant coach forum. Saw an Adam’s for Kupp and also saw kittle/Hopkins for Julio Jones 

Kittle/Hopkins for Jones?  That sounds like a 0-3 team making a side bet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

anyone try and buy saquan.  i could see some 3-0 teams taking a shot he is back after their bye (week 11).  

Move juju if you can the offense looks bad. They have Cincinnati next so you have a bit more time to do it. Use that a a selling point. 

I’m definitely selling him in one of my leagues. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Move juju if you can the offense looks bad. They have Cincinnati next so you have a bit more time to do it. Use that a a selling point. 

I’m definitely selling him in one of my leagues. 

Who are you targeting with him?

Random question: Is there any strategies or methods any of you do when presenting a buy low or sell high trade offer? 

All of my leagues have owners who do there homework so i have difficulty buying low or selling high.

8 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

would love to sell high on Lindsay but doubt I could get a decent deal done

Would you swap Lindsay for Gurley?  Asking for a friend....

41 minutes ago, herschel said:

tough one which is sad as a Rams fan. The O-line has 3 first year starters right now and they're definitely limiting gurley's touches

• Like 2

1 hour ago, herschel said:

As low as I am on Gurley, I wouldn’t trade him for Lindsay straight up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Random question: Is there any strategies or methods any of you do when presenting a buy low or sell high trade offer? 

All of my leagues have owners who do there homework so i have difficulty buying low or selling high.

In my competitive league, my mates are super resistant to trades....I love wheeling and dealing, but I think your average player is super gun shy.

If I do pull off a trade it's usually for a star player that is out for a long time e.g. Barkley.

Easy to say sell high on Ekeler, JuJu, etc. but always hard to execute these deals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

In my competitive league, my mates are super resistant to trades....I love wheeling and dealing, but I think your average player is super gun shy.

If I do pull off a trade it's usually for a star player that is out for a long time e.g. Barkley.

Easy to say sell high on Ekeler, JuJu, etc. but always hard to execute these deals.

Glad to know Im not the only one who has trouble executing deals.

26 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Glad to know Im not the only one who has trouble executing deals.

Same here.  80% of my league thinks I know something they don't and think they're getting screwed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

What were people offering when Joe Mixon was considered a buy low target? 

I offered Mark Ingram/Derrick Henry for Conner/Mixon combo after week 2 WW have passed. Got Rejected.

Ain't no way in hell would I offer these two for Conner or Mixon again after week 3.

"Buy Lows/ Sell Highs" ain't as EZ as some cats make it out to be on RW

Nobody wants to get smoked in a trade which is why they almost never happen.

I'm not super enamored w/ David Johnson just on the eye test and situation....but what are realistic trade options?

I don't think you could get Chubb....the thought crossed my mind to offer him to the Barkley owner (I'm 3-0 at the moment), but that is just beyond risky considering Saquon might come back in 2 months and be limited since the Giants will have nothing to play for by that point.

Edited by meverett85

1 minute ago, Szer0 said:

"Buy Lows/ Sell Highs" ain't as EZ as some cats make it out to be on RW

I wish I could back 10-12 years ago when Yahoo leagues did there own player updates but didn't update them frequently. And I could go on rotoworld and collect all the information I needed to be successful thus leaving my league mates scratching there heads and trying to figure out how I knew something they didnt. 

• Like 1