Sign in to follow this  
oban14

Derek Carr 2019 Outlook

He could be a sneaky play and probably isn't getting drafted in a lot of leagues.  Obviously a lot will come down to Antonio Brown; last we've heard, he apologized to the team and may even be playing Monday.  But Brown aside,  he hasn't had this meany weapons ever.  Tyrell Williams, Waller, and hopefully Jacobs can catch some balls too.

Over/under on yards:  I'd say 3200.

Over/under on TDs:  I'll say 25.

Any thoughts?

Streamer/QB2 option perhaps in a given week, but given the state of the Raiders, there's such a low floor here.     I'd bet good money on this being Carr's last year as the starter, and i dont even dislike the player.  I just think he'll shoulder more blame than he deserves.  I could see a benching here at some point, even with only journeymen behind him.     

He is a little better than many give credit to.  The Raiders are a dumpster fire of a  team, and he started hot, but has faded along with the team.  AB is going to take away the tram chemistry.   I would have higher hopes for him without AB to be honest.

Gonna stay away until that drama is over.

15 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

He is a little better than many give credit to.  The Raiders are a dumpster fire of a  team, and he started hot, but has faded along with the team.  AB is going to take away the tram chemistry.   I would have higher hopes for him without AB to be honest.

That's a pretty poor take. With Brown I like Carr as a solid QB2. Without him he's more like a QB3.

18 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

That's a pretty poor take. With Brown I like Carr as a solid QB2. Without him he's more like a QB3.

From a fantasy perspective you may be right for the first half of the year.

But, long term and late in season, Carr would be better off growing chemistry with his other WR's.

18 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

From a fantasy perspective you may be right for the first half of the year.

But, long term and late in season, Carr would be better off growing chemistry with his other WR's.

But taking away Brown from your arsenal closes the field up. Brown will command double teams, and it'll open up plays for other guys to excel. It'll help Carr tremendously. With their poor defense and the addition of Brown, I could see Carr eclipsing 4500 passing yards this year.

14 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

This dude is garbage, if he’s on your team then your season is over. 

He's a solid QB2 actually. You know he had 4000 passing yards last year, and added Antonio Brown, Josh Jacobs, and Tyrell Williams with a much improved OL this year?

Edited by Singing in Dwayne
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

He's a solid QB2 actually. You know he had 4000 passing yards last year, and added Antonio Brown, Josh Jacobs, and Tyrell Williams with a much improved OL this year?

His o line is currently pretty beat up. He only threw 19 touchdowns. The defense was horrendous, constantly in shoot outs and playing from behind 4000 yards means nothing to me. He had one good season, besides that he’s mediocre. Blake Bortles had a good season too once upon a time. Carr will be on another team as a backup this time next year. He also lost Jared Cook and Amari Cooper. So while they did add pieces, they also lost pieces. 

Edited by Ryansm11

5 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

His o line is currently pretty beat up. He only threw 19 touchdowns. The defense was horrendous, constantly in shoot outs and playing from behind 4000 yards means nothing to me. He had one good season, besides that he’s mediocre. Blake Bortles had a good season too once upon a time. Carr will be on another team as a backup this time next year. He also lost Jared Cook and Amari Cooper. So while they did add pieces, they also lost pieces. 

He was good in 2015, 2016, and last year. Replacing Cook with Waller is a wash. Replacing Cooper with Brown and Tyrell is incredible. Adding a RB of Jacob's caliber will help move the chains. He's never been in a better position to succeed. I'd say 4000/30 is very likely.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

He was good in 2015, 2016, and last year. Replacing Cook with Waller is a wash. Replacing Cooper with Brown and Tyrell is incredible. Adding a RB of Jacob's caliber will help move the chains. He's never been in a better position to succeed. I'd say 4000/30 is very likely.

I just don’t think he’s been the same since his leg got snapped. I’d argue against Cook and Waller being a wash. I’d agree AB and Tyrell over Cooper. I also like Jacobs. I don’t have stats to prove this, but from my knowledge I believe carr struggles under pressure (most guys do) and I’m not sure the o line is going to be any better this year. 

2 hours ago, Sivaro said:

AB is going to take away the tram chemistry.   I would have higher hopes for him without AB to be honest.

Agree with this.  Carr will be afraid to throw to anyone else, especially after Antonio Bonaparte gets in his face after every single play, and knowing now that the power structure of the team is always going to cave to the diva receiver.  

Edited by Bastardo!

He has the arm talent.  I don't think there's anything wrong with having him as a backup QB.  There is some potential there and he has shown flashes of being really good.  I wouldn't bet on him being excellent this year, but I wouldn't be surprised either.  He has the tools.  He needs to remain more calm under pressure and improve his feel in the pocket.

Carr just dodged a bullet with the release of AB.

He is a solid QB2 and bye week filler.  This is simply because of the O-line Upgrades, and the young talented WR's the Raiders drafted.   I think he we quickly make Renfrow and the 6'4" Tyler Williams his favorite go to revecivers.

Carr was let down by his teammates a few years back, as thug culture took over the locker room. He may now have a starting role in 12 team leagues.

Raiders are going to be down a ton in games with the lack of defensive talent. Could be garbage time galore for Carr & Co.

• Like 1

looks like a decent streamer this week, at home, against KC. Minshew looked good against them. I Might start him over rodgers

2 hours ago, mrfrood said:

This matchup sucks this week. Anyone think he can put up a 20 spot? Anybody...

I give him a 10% chance of doing that.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swinger said:

I give him a 10% chance of doing that.  

Ouch. Yeah if he could not do much at home against the Chiefs, I doubt he could do better at Minnesota eh. I can't believe I am playing Chris Thompson and/or Josh Jacobs over him in PPR.  

Well, adding Carr 2 weeks ago has paid off for me big time!

Now with Detroit on the schedule, why am I second guessing starting him in favor of the mustached Jag?

I mean Detroit pass D has looked like trash but they scare me for some reason. I mean Carr should have 250/1 easy but I really need a 300/2 day

4 minutes ago, CharlesHustle said:

Well, adding Carr 2 weeks ago has paid off for me big time!

Now with Detroit on the schedule, why am I second guessing starting him in favor of the mustached Jag?

I mean Detroit pass D has looked like trash but they scare me for some reason. I mean Carr should have 250/1 easy but I really need a 300/2 day

howzabout 275/1.5 🤔

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

howzabout 275/1.5 🤔

I could live with that or roll with some Fitz Magic.....

• Haha 1