Sign in to follow this  
oban14

Derek Carr 2019 Outlook

On 10/29/2019 at 9:21 AM, Illuminati said:

Healthy o-line and WR. Great play this week at least.

I picked him up to stream but now both of his Centers are injured. Is anyone else worried about this? He's only been good because he hasn't been pressured a lot. I don't know if losing the anchor of the front line is going to keep him startable...

38 minutes ago, aapox said:

I picked him up to stream but now both of his Centers are injured. Is anyone else worried about this? He's only been good because he hasn't been pressured a lot. I don't know if losing the anchor of the front line is going to keep him startable...

It's Detroit who doesn't even sport a defense anymore. That does concern me, but not as much as it would because of what Daniel Jones did last week.

1 hour ago, aapox said:

This is my concern too.  I picked him up to stream over Wentz, but if both his starting and backup centers are out I think it could effect his time in the pocket and may lead to them leaning on Jacobs a lot.  They say Incognito will slide over to C if both others are out, but I have no idea if that's a sufficient fill-in.  

[...] My trust level with both is a minus 1. I actually think Darnold is safer. Anyone else streaming Carr and if so confidence level?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

this has all the feel of one of those ol' AFL shootouts ... like a 51-47 final - Al would love it!   CARR w/confidence. 

(... of course that means 13-10 slugfest incoming 🤓)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this has all the feel of one of those ol' AFL shootouts ... like a 51-47 final - Al would love it!   CARR w/confidence. 

(... of course that means 13-10 slugfest incoming 🤓)

I put into my roster of off waivers this week in succession ,,  Sam Darnold, Then Daniel Jones......Then......Carr.      Finally settled on him.

Glad you see it the same way I do! Gotta roll with the BEST pick I can think of.   I am hoping Carr has monster numbers!    I do not get all the hate on the guy he has been pretty solid all year.   

This is match up GRAVY.   

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, allday_ad said:

I sat murray to stream carr over darnold. I have a bad feeling...

Your not the only one...Miami has been playing better....and NYJ  are a flaming pile of garbage....I just could not put in Sammy" Ghosts"  Darnold,   I like his ROS....But I am rolling with Carr this week as well.    God help us.

I think he has a pretty safe floor. Go look at the numbers Detroit has given up to QBs. They cannot pressure, they cannot stop the run, gonna be easy pitch and catch all day. 

o/u 49 3rd highest of this week slates. Carr also playing better than his MVP caliber season. Vs a division rival on a short week with Oak defense not able to stop anyone. Shootout potential. I'm still deciding between Carr or Tanny, leaning towards Carr

1 hour ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Due to QB's on bye, I have no other choice!

In the same position. Chargers secondary is beat up though so that's an uplifting fact.

Starting to get that feeling. Does Carr have a big game tonight (last prime time game at The Black Hole)?

Hmmm....

Weird game, Raiders couldn't convert those drives and had to settle for 2/3 FG. and the Defense came up big early on(who would've thought) really mess with the time of possession for Oakland 

I'm still looking to play him next week vs CIN

I am playing Carr this week but I'm a little concerned.  Carr will never be a blowup guy.  I have a feeling they are going to run all over the Bengals.  And unlike Lamar Jackson, this dude never runs.

5 hours ago, Islanderman said:

I am playing Carr this week but I'm a little concerned.  Carr will never be a blowup guy.  I have a feeling they are going to run all over the Bengals.  And unlike Lamar Jackson, this dude never runs.

Safe QB 10-15. Nothing wrong with that if you're streaming.