j3rkthenurk

Anfernee Simons 2019-2020 Outlook

Pretty high on this guys dynasty outlook.

What are your thoughts on this season? He should be playing the backup guard minute since Turner is gone.

I have to keep eye on him, because I participate at deep (20 teams league). But hardly inside TOP200, maybe 250 (13th round in our league).

1 hour ago, apatas said:

I have to keep eye on him, because I participate at deep (20 teams league). But hardly inside TOP200, maybe 250 (13th round in our league).

Where would you guys draft him for dynasty?

8 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Where would you guys draft him for dynasty?

Anywhere in the 120 range depending

• Like 1

The biggest problem is that I can't see how he gets more than 15-16 minutes in non-blowout games.

On 9/7/2019 at 5:18 PM, hipriest69 said:

Anywhere in the 120 range depending

My guess is he will be picked around 150-200 in most startup drafts (he went 158 in the one I did this year). I would not pick him at 150, but you might need to pick him there or earlier if you really want him.

10 hours ago, apatas said:

The biggest problem is that I can't see how he gets more than 15-16 minutes in non-blowout games.

I can see an easy pathway to 20+ min / night.  The Blazers lost around 100 minutes of playing time in Curry, Moe, Aminu, Turner, Layman, even more if you count Kanter, Nurk, and Meyers.  But forgetting the bigs, who's taking the 100 minutes?  Divided between Baze, Mario, Stauskas, Trent, Hood, Simons, and let's throw in Collins too for the hell of it.  Stauskas and Hood don't count because they were already playing minutes last year.  Collins was already at 17 or so min, if he jumps to 30 that's only 13 additional minutes.  So that still leaves between 80-100 minutes between Baze, Mario, Trent, and Simons.  There are about 27 backup guard minutes behind CJ and Dame.  Simons is by far the most talented offensive player they have off the bench...I'll take the over on 15 min/night, I'd even take the over on 20 min / night.  The only things holding back his minutes are Portland's history of bringing young players along slowly and if he just ***** the bed and is a disaster on defense and a TO machine on offense, then yes 15 min / night could be it for this year.  He's just so good it's hard to see him not going off if he gets anything over 20 min (albeit not consistently).    

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

I can see an easy pathway to 20+ min / night.  The Blazers lost around 100 minutes of playing time in Curry, Moe, Aminu, Turner, Layman, even more if you count Kanter, Nurk, and Meyers.  But forgetting the bigs, who's taking the 100 minutes?  Divided between Baze, Mario, Stauskas, Trent, Hood, Simons, and let's throw in Collins too for the hell of it.  Stauskas and Hood don't count because they were already playing minutes last year.  Collins was already at 17 or so min, if he jumps to 30 that's only 13 additional minutes.  So that still leaves between 80-100 minutes between Baze, Mario, Trent, and Simons.  There are about 27 backup guard minutes behind CJ and Dame.  Simons is by far the most talented offensive player they have off the bench...I'll take the over on 15 min/night, I'd even take the over on 20 min / night.  The only things holding back his minutes are Portland's history of bringing young players along slowly and if he just ***** the bed and is a disaster on defense and a TO machine on offense, then yes 15 min / night could be it for this year.  He's just so good it's hard to see him not going off if he gets anything over 20 min (albeit not consistently).    

But I think the bigger thing to focus on is the 80-100 minutes available, and would think Bazemore benefits the most...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

Stauskas is not on the blazers

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

After your interesting calculation I also tried to calculate. If to take into account that Simons is playing only at guard position he take only part of Turner/Curry minutes which were 41. And probably this number would have been a little bit less if McCollum wasn't injured 12 games. Of course, injuries can happen in starting season also and probable minutes available. Moe/Layman/Aminu minutes go mostly to Bazemore, Hezonja and Collins, also few minutes maybe to Hood (last season 24, now 27-28?). For Bazemore I also predict at least 27-28 minutes and he can get almost half of them at SF position. But at the same time Turner also played often at SF position. Because there happen some blowout games and few potential injuries then I agree that Simons average can be near 20, but nearly 2/3 of games he will play between 15-19. That is just based on calculation that both Bazemore and Hood play 27-28 min, but if not, then Simons playing time really will increase by 3-5 minutes. Still he is not even a late round target in standard leagues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, apatas said:

After your interesting calculation I also tried to calculate. If to take into account that Simons is playing only at guard position he take only part of Turner/Curry minutes which were 41. And probably this number would have been a little bit less if McCollum wasn't injured 12 games. Of course, injuries can happen in starting season also and probable minutes available. Moe/Layman/Aminu minutes go mostly to Bazemore, Hezonja and Collins, also few minutes maybe to Hood (last season 24, now 27-28?). For Bazemore I also predict at least 27-28 minutes and he can get almost half of them at SF position. But at the same time Turner also played often at SF position. Because there happen some blowout games and few potential injuries then I agree that Simons average can be near 20, but nearly 2/3 of games he will play between 15-19. That is just based on calculation that both Bazemore and Hood play 27-28 min, but if not, then Simons playing time really will increase by 3-5 minutes. Still he is not even a late round target in standard leagues.

Yeah I'm not the best at math, but anyway Bazemore is the real target here.  He could also play the small ball 4 with Collins at the 5.  7'0 wingspan.  He could get over 30 minutes / game...I really like Mario but don't trust that he'll get enough minutes / role to be relevant.

For Simons the situation is too murky for standard redraft and he doesn't offer enough outside of 3's...but I do think it is possible for him to average close to 10 points and 2 threes / game off the bench.  Bacon in a bigger role in Charlotte is a better pick at this point in the draft...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, a-rob said:

23mpg 12pts, 3 rebs, 3 assists. nothing fancy. He's a better dynasty stash because CJM and Dame play the same positions. If one them gets injured or for some reason traded, it is party time

They'll probably try to keep all 3 while Simons is cheap until he's up for free agency in 3/4 years, then see what is what and proceed from there.  

Eventually I think it'll be kind of like Oklahoma James Harden - limited to under 30 minutes with similar stats of 12-15 points and the usual 3/4 reb/ast, 1 steal, couple of threes.  

Would you drop Isaiah Thomas for Anfernee Simons? I don´t trust enough about the health of  IT and perhaps Anfernee must be one of the ww picks of the year.

I am not sure he is good for the role they want him to play. I don't think he has real playmaking potential, he is more of a scorer.

10 pts, 2.5 rebs, 2 asts I would say in around 20 minutes. 

On 9/23/2019 at 9:30 PM, Hardscroll said:

Would you drop Isaiah Thomas for Anfernee Simons? I don´t trust enough about the health of  IT and perhaps Anfernee must be one of the ww picks of the year.

Don't  think he will have enough minutes to be relevant this year, his role will be somwhat similar to Seth Curry's role last year ,nothing to be excited about unless you are in a deep dynasty league....which I know it's not your case  😂😂

I think he'll make some other noise after the Media Day
Blazers are so high on him
He'll be a star sooner than later
keep an eye on

Definitely keep an eye on him. He's got more room to breakout in the next few seasons and Lillard is a great mentor. Would draft in the 100's for dynasty.

1 hour ago, brickcitymamba said:

Is this lad of any value in deeper redrafts? Looks pretty interesting.

Doubtful given the current roster construction. He's going to be a good player though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

Is this lad of any value in deeper redrafts? Looks pretty interesting.

Unfortunately no unless CJ or Dame get injured or rested. 

Dynasty leagues he is a must

• Like 2