FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

I'm still trying to be positive: maybe they target Thursday's game for a return, and ruled him out today as it's the front end of a b2b. 

Pisses me off I'll say f$ck this season just like KAT and pay nobody- commissioner in a league

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Some positive news just now, he’s ramping up his on court work.. 

Any sources? 

A new GM is not gonna trade his biggest asset in the 1st year of his 5 year contract. 

15 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

A new GM is not gonna trade his biggest asset in the 1st year of his 5 year contract. 

Not during the season for sure but imagine the return with that many years remaining 

5 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

It would be a terrible precedent

10 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Not during the season for sure but imagine the return with that many years remaining 

He can get the same return any time the next two seasons at least. There is no hurry.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

He can get the same return any time the next two seasons at least. There is no hurry.

Always run the risk of player getting hurt. I think it’s just rumors but I don’t blame KAT if he wants out especially when the last two Minnesota franchise bigs who left (KG, Love) went on to win titles 

18 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Agreed. Another Anthony Davis situation. Another talented Center wasting away on a crappy team who is going to want to be traded.

12 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

That’s not the issue, this guy is trying to dominate in the west and be one of the greatest bigs of all time. I listen to a lot of his preseason interviews, he had high hopes for the team.

being 8 games under 500 and saying we’re close to the playoffs isn’t exactly constituting being a top team, let alone if you’re serious about contending.

he also looks around and sees a rebuilding team with a lot of young project players, and a selfish me first secondary player.

Their talent doesn’t stack up, that’s why they have a poor record in the first place.

He’s a competitor, so either the knee issue is worse than they let on (it did look like it popped when he landed), or a trade is about to go down.

their roster isn’t half bad tho .. but i can understand him wanting more

i just think getting to the playoffs this year should be a priority

and if they’re not at least a middle of the pack playoff team by next year then he can request a trade then

its too early now 

2 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

their roster isn’t half bad tho .. but i can understand him wanting more

i just think getting to the playoffs this year should be a priority

and if they’re not at least a middle of the pack playoff team by next year then he can request a trade then

its too early now 

I think he was hoping they would bring in one of his buddies like D'Angelo or Booker.  It is the conundrum of being a top pick.  You are drafted by a bad team which is bad for a reason.  Sometimes you have to move on to enjoy team success.   I may be wrong but Minnesota seems like an unattractive market for top level free agents so like other "undesirable" locations (e.g., Milwaukee, Indiana, Utah, etc.) you have to build through the draft, trades, and with mid-tier free agents. Occasionally, a small market team like San Antonio will hit on a championship level roster but it is more the exception than the rule.

1 minute ago, AndreSplash said:

Moving pretty gingerly here. At least he’s doing on court work. 

he always runs awkwardly 

• Like 1

Allen Iverson used to say “if I can walk I am out there.” 

Mofo getting paid 10mil+ a year. Get out there already #meowshit

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

Allen Iverson used to say “if I can walk I am out there.” 

Mofo getting paid 10mil+ a year. Get out there already #meowshit

Not a player's decision. Team's decision. It shocks me how the majority does not want to comprehend that and lash out on players. Kawhi was told to play even if he didn't feel ok a few years ago. Remember?

Edited by Igno

3 minutes ago, Igno said:

Not a player's decision. Team's decision. It shocks me how the majority does not want to comprehend that and lash out on players. Kawhi was told to play even if he didn't feel ok a few years ago. Remember?

really? Are you saying that Kawhi was not load managing himself, and it was the team the whole time? I find that hard to believe. 

yes he played when he didn’t feel right ... with the spurs. Toronto let him do whatever he wanted, and the clips are going to do the same.

KAT probably is fine enough to play. But him being unhappy, the team sucking ash, sure he’s gonna take way as long as he can 

5 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

really? Are you saying that Kawhi was not load managing himself, and it was the team the whole time? I find that hard to believe. 

yes he played when he didn’t feel right ... with the spurs. Toronto let him do whatever he wanted, and the clips are going to do the same.

KAT probably is fine enough to play. But him being unhappy, the team sucking ash, sure he’s gonna take way as long as he can 

Even in that case, the team agreeing and act on whatever the player is saying. It is their decision! The team's decision. Players do what the teams are letting them to do. My point is, people are lashing out on players when they are load managed and rarely on teams. Lashing out, does not makes sence anyway, especially when you have no clue what is really happening (whis is our case right now).

5 minutes ago, Igno said:

Even in that case, the team agreeing and act on whatever the player is saying. It is their decision! The team's decision. Players do what the teams are letting them to do. My point is, people are lashing out on players when they are load managed and rarely on teams. Lashing out, does not makes sence anyway, especially when you have no clue what is really happening (whis is our case right now).

I believe it’s all on the player. Maybe not the situation in Memphis, with Ja and Clarke being managed. 

but when it’s a franchise player? No way. This is all on The player (KAT, CLAW)

1 minute ago, Tom Chambers said:

What is CLAW an acronym for

cunnylingus at will

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

Different situation. Toronto did it that way accommodating his load management plan to do everything they could to convince him to stay. Kawhi had ALL the leverage.

The Raps gave the blueprint to keeping him healthy and the Clips are doing the same because it’s the only way Kawhi can make it through the season and the playoffs (Kawhi admitted this last year).

KAT on the other hand is in the first of his five year contract. Unhappy or not, he has no leverage if he truly is asking to be traded. And they would be ridiculously stupid to trade him now too. I don’t think they are that stupid.

He cannot just sit out. So I have no doubt he is hurt and the team/training staff is the deciding factor in him being deemed ready to play or not. Remember, players coming back too early and getting seriously hurt is a real concern. He is their franchise player and biggest asset. Trading him or keeping him, they are not going to risk getting him seriously hurt.

• Like 2