FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, georgepr said:

Buy low candidate?

with the news he’s almost back, now would be your last chance. I own him and I wouldn’t trade him for anything but an otherworldly offer.

• Like 1

Wolves playing better recently. Towns is needed but this proves what a joke Wiggins is. If anyone is getting dealt it’s that bum

14 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

Still hard to judge when he’ll be back based on that snippet. 

Yep. Good that he’s out there but he’s definitely got a slight limp still on injured leg. Another week out would not surprise me. I’m hanging onto Dieng until we get a green light. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, croydonfacelift said:

Yep. Good that he’s out there but he’s definitely got a slight limp still on injured leg. Another week out would not surprise me. I’m hanging onto Dieng until we get a green light. 

Yeah I’m probably going to hang on to Dieng even when we get our Kat back. I like to sleep easy at night. 

5 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Yeah I’m probably going to hang on to Dieng even when we get our Kat back. I like to sleep easy at night. 

I'm with you on that, trade rumours too.

3 minutes ago, PlayoffP said:

Any chance he becomes a shut down candidate or did what AD did last season? 

💯 As it becomes more obvious that they're not a playoff team, they'll shut him down or do what the Pels did with AD. Even if he doesn't get traded in the off-season, playing him doesn't do anything for either party. They'd be better off with a better pick and developing the guys already on the roster. They have a bunch of young guys with potential.

6 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

💯 As it becomes more obvious that they're not a playoff team, they'll shut him down or do what the Pels did with AD. Even if he doesn't get traded in the off-season, playing him doesn't do anything for either party. They'd be better off with a better pick and developing the guys already on the roster. They have a bunch of young guys with potential.

That’s what worries me, guess I should stay away from trading for him

7 minutes ago, PlayoffP said:

That’s what worries me, guess I should stay away from trading for him

Yeah, at least not now. But I had AD last year and he was still valuable last year, just went from #1 to a top 30-40 player. 

If his situation does in fact deteriorate and KAT suffers a mystery injury like this one without a set timeline, and it costs him 2-3 weeks, it could frustrate owners and you maybe you could get him for a 40-50 guy.

16 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Yeah, at least not now. But I had AD last year and he was still valuable last year, just went from #1 to a top 30-40 player. 

If his situation does in fact deteriorate and KAT suffers a mystery injury like this one without a set timeline, and it costs him 2-3 weeks, it could frustrate owners and you maybe you could get him for a 40-50 guy.

Not sure if I could post this on this thread but the owner wanted PG from me for him. Though everyone has said yes so far it still seems risky since PG is on the rise, As greedy as it seems I’d prob want him to throw a sweetener

PG is way more risky for load management. Wolves have not shut down KAT the previous years, why do it now? KAT defenitely a buy low candidate atm with all of his owners panicked.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Igno said:

PG is way more risky for load management. Wolves have not shut down KAT the previous years, why do it now? KAT defenitely a buy low candidate atm with all of his owners panicked.

I definitely get what you’re saying, just with his knee and reports of being unhappy in MIN it gives me flashbacks of when I owned AD last season.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, PlayoffP said:

I definitely get what you’re saying, just with his knee and reports of being unhappy in MIN it gives me flashbacks of when I owned AD last season.

he’s not AD, he’s under a long term contract, and guys getting shut down always gets overblown because rotoworld fear mongers on any top pick on a bad team.

it actually doesn’t happen nearly as much as you would think, guys generally play even when the team is well out of the playoffs (see kemba). It usually rears it’s head in the final few games, but your league is newb if it doesn’t set the playoff dates back.

A few weeks back I traded Taurean prince at his peak and wcj for Vuc when he was injured and the magic’s losses were piling. You’ll never know what you can catch unless you throw a net out.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 4

He did his thing in the NBA guys, he got the deal and he proved he can shoot the 3 ball. 

Now whats most important is that he drops a good mixtape and if possibly, start a beef with someone. east side

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

he’s not AD, he’s under a long term contract, and guys getting shut down always gets overblown because rotoworld fear mongers on any top pick on a bad team.

it actually doesn’t happen nearly as much as you would think, guys generally play even when the team is well out of the playoffs (see kemba). It usually rears it’s head in the final few games, but your league is newb if it doesn’t set the playoff dates back.

A few weeks back I traded Taurean prince at his peak and wcj for Vuc when he was injured and the magic’s losses were piling. You’ll never know what you can catch unless you throw a net out.

Couldn't agree more. That "shutdown" thing is floating around about 4564894 players in a season on RW, and only a few of them really get shut down, most of which after April when fantasy playoffs come to an end.

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

I hope you’re right, I might bite and give him PG13 straight up just to take the gamble 

Posted (edited)

Considering he was ruled out a full day before yesterdays game, I'd like to believe this questionable tag is an improvement. Come on KAT! 

Edited by fbbaddict
  • Like 1

Hi bro. I need you. 8th place in west is for the taking. Can you take out your cock tn return for me vs the dick cheese warriors and give me a 50/20? Please? I’m even asking nicely dawg 

1 hour ago, Flamez said:

Hi bro. I need you. 8th place in west is for the taking. Can you take out your cock tn return for me vs the dick cheese warriors and give me a 50/20? Please? I’m even asking nicely dawg 

is this Lizzo’s RW profile? 

... seems weird you’re asking him to take out his wiener for you. 

no judgment. To each their own. I’d just prefer KAT keep his dog in the cage ... and play basketball again. 

• Haha 1

The Wolves suck. They will be out of out the playoff picture. Therefore the wolves have absolutely no reason to rush KAT unless he's 100%. With that being said, they are also probably incentivized to shut him down or limit his play as the season winds down; he's under contract for 4 more years, why risk injury in a lost season?

This is just the new reality of fantasy basketball, it's annoying but we have to be prepared for these rest/shutdown situations.

11 hours ago, Igno said:

No he isnt lol. PG I dont think has rested once this season and his shoulders are good to go. If you're resting its because you're nursing an injury, and he isnt. KAT is the risk of load management with this current lingering injury. Also KAT hasn't been a shut down candidate because hes never been out this long with an injury. Hes missed what? 6 games since his rookie year or some ****. You're not a load management player until you are. Nobody is exempt no matter what org you're playing for.

1 hour ago, Ray Barboni said:

is this Lizzo’s RW profile? 

... seems weird you’re asking him to take out his wiener for you. 

no judgment. To each their own. I’d just prefer KAT keep his dog in the cage ... and play basketball again. 

Lmaooooooo I’m a straight as a pencil my dawg. I’m saying I need him to take his cock out and man up. He’s been questionable tagged for what seems like a month. Idk if the wolves are babying him back into his recovery but I know myself and a lot of people in this forum need this boys numbers. It’s time for him to come back.