FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

Haha yup nothing to discuss here.  Let this thread get buried until he gets hit by a bus, shot in the leg, and misses a quarter of action.  

• Haha 1

Just these topics where people don't have consensus are more interesting.

I think having a stronger 2nd half is a good thing that should raise his value if you are playing H2H. It's not a bad thing.

I can count the many times I had the best regular season fantasy team in my league to lose in the playoffs because all the amazing draft picks I had were no shows in the fantasy playoffs, due to rest etc. eg. I drafted Kawhi at 29 in his breakout year, and Curry at #5 in his breakout year.  This was actually the same year.  I had an unbeaten record then lost in the 2nd round of my playoffs.

• Like 1

KAT is a beast and seems to be underrated every year 

i took him 4th overall (ahead of harden) and couldn’t be more happy 

2 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

is it okay to take this man first overall?

Yes. Especially if you're playing roto. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 80version said:

Yes. Especially if you're playing roto. 

I don’t think it makes a difference either way, I took him 1st in standard 12 man h2h, and I barely even debated it.

2 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I don’t think it makes a difference either way, I took him 1st in standard 12 man h2h, and I barely even debated it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with drafting KAT #1 H2H. 

Personally, I like Harden, AD and Curry a little more in H2H but they all have the potential to vie for #1 overall when everything is said & done. 

10 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

You take KAT for the number he gets TIMES x 82.

there you go... 'nuff said and i got him as a steal for 4th pick :P

I think the days are gone when KAT starts the season off slow.

Hahahahhaa picks 3 to 7 must be kicking themselves now when they passed on KAT and he landed to me with the 8th pick!

My man! Just don't let your teamates near your gf again bro

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I got him and Curry as keepers in a trade last year for Simmons and Luka. 3rd keeper is Drummond. Nice start so far, we'll see how Steph fares against the Clips and Beverly.

Drafted this kid for the 3rd consecutive year. He fell to 7th this year, 5th last year, and 6th in 2017. Welcome back. 7 threes is definitely something I think wouldn't continue. Hoping I'm wrong though. 

Edited by ejaggit

Every year I came on here arguing with people why he's the #1 pick, I can finally say I feel vindicated. Thibodeau ruined his first half of the season every single season, only for him to show people in the last 2 months how insane his upside is when Dieng and Taj Gibson weren't getting more touches than their superstar big man. Now we'll get to see it all year in a MUCH better offensive system (they were #1 in pace in the preseason and their team has stopped shooting mid range shots completely - it's either 3 or paint now). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Drafted this kid for the 3rd consecutive year. He fell to 7th this year, 5th last year, and 6th in 2017. Welcome back. 7 threes is definitely something I think wouldn't continue. Hoping I'm wrong though. 

People in my league hate me, I've owned him every single season since his rookie season. I drafted him 4th round his rookie year, and either in the top 5 or #1 ever since. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

People in my league hate me, I've owned him every single season since his rookie season. I drafted him 4th round his rookie year, and either in the top 5 or #1 ever since. 

Facts, however in my league a ton of people pass up on him. He really DOESN'T HURT YOUR TEAM IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. Without Butler he's going to get me my 2nd championship (back to back babyyyyy) 

2 hours ago, Extra_Rice said:

Hahahahhaa picks 3 to 7 must be kicking themselves now when they passed on KAT and he landed to me with the 8th pick!

We all can't beat up on our siblings in a family league.

• Haha 4