FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

I was not happy taking him at the 5th pick in a head to head 9 category league but boy am I ever glad now.  KAT is a beast.  Any chance this guy keeps it up and finishes #1?

5 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I was not happy taking him at the 5th pick in a head to head 9 category league but boy am I ever glad now.  KAT is a beast.  Any chance this guy keeps it up and finishes #1?

there's a very good chance.  where all the league's where this guy slipped so low?  christ I got him for $82 and I'm thinking I got a steal.

3 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Why? 

I never have that kind of luck to land the top 5 pick. But I would have taken him 2nd overall behind Harden. 

I have been saying this for years...number one productivity is availability. 

Safest top 5 pick the past few years and many years to come. He is only 23. Not even at his peak prime. That is scary. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Why? 

I never have that kind of luck to land the top 5 pick. But I would have taken him 2nd overall behind Harden. 

I have been saying this for years...number one productivity is availability. 

Safest top 5 pick the past few years and many years to come. He is only 23. Not even at his peak prime. That is scary. 

and the entire team is oriented around him.

24 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Sorry, but you don't deserve him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

I know I know, this is an AC thing, but I just got offered KAT and PJ Washington for my Harden and Bacon. The owner has a stack team with bigs but no real pgs. I haven't accepted yet, but about to.

DO IT!! 

Woohoo !!!! Celebration . There’s a party going on in here . Are we winners or what? All of us that had Towns thrusted upon us(second pick) are ...... there’s a party going on right here a celebration that lasts about a half year. We win you lose. Love this thread. No bad peeps. Win win 

In my league, we can trade future draft picks and I foolishly traded some of my picks this year to try to win in last year's playoffs. i didn't win and I may be a degenerate gambler. Having KAT will make this season bearable - his first 2 lines were s--- you only see in video games if you have cheat codes, and he's going to play close to 80 games (knocks on wood).

8 minutes ago, McWinface said:

In my league, we can trade future draft picks and I foolishly traded some of my picks this year to try to win in last year's playoffs. i didn't win and I may be a degenerate gambler. Having KAT will make this season bearable - his first 2 lines were s--- you only see in video games if you have cheat codes, and he's going to play close to 80 games (knocks on wood).

Your user name works. I’m in. Let’s go streaking on the Towns. 

7 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

The offense is setup to run through him. They went inside more with him tonight because Zeller was out. There was no one left on the Hornets who could deal with him inside.

But most games he will be on the three point line to start the possession. If they bring a smaller guy out there to guard him, he will take a three. If they bring their big guy out to the 3 point line, he will try and go to the basket.

His dad, who played in college, stressed ball handling and footwork as he was practicing when he was young.

Karl said this in an article in the StarTribune:

When I was growing up everyone told me how they thought I should play the game of basketball, which was never the way I wanted to play it,” Towns said. “I played the game the way I wanted. Back to the basket, the traditional big man, I didn’t want to be that. I wanted to be able to play like Magic Johnson, who was 6-9, ran the court and shot like a point guard.”

He handled the ball, shot the three and ran the floor and won three New Jersey state high school championships and the 2014 Gatorade National Male Athlete of the Year. He was class president and graduated with a 3.96 grade-point average, too.

He changed his game in college to accommodate John Caliper's wishes, so he played the traditional big man at Kentucky. 

But he grew up playing offense the Wolves are using now. So I think he will only get better as KAT and the rest of the team the grow with the new offense as the season goes on.

Edited by rabaak
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

beyond pathetic watching basketball players trying to grapple. Really wasn't KAT's fault.

LOL damn you embiid. I wonder if suspensions are coming.

How did that even start?  Love how Embiid acts like a over celebrated 4 year old when they both got on the floor and nobody landed anything 

Edited by ejaggit
  • Haha 1

Just now, Extra_Rice said:

How many games do you guys think he will be suspended?

probably 1-3 games...

4 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Ben simmons catching a suspension too for putting KAT in a sleeper 

it looked like he was trying to stop it.

3 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

it looked like he was trying to stop it.

Yeah, permanently

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Ben simmons catching a suspension too for putting KAT in a sleeper 

Hoping he gets a long suspension for this lol