FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

While the wrist injury I’m sure is legit ... I’m also hoping that this may be a simple case of the “it’s the ASB, let’s just sit him down for an extended time” type of thing.

or maybe it’s super serious, like he was trying to palm one of Lizzo’s enormous cheeks - and under that immense pressure, he’s wrist got crinkled up.

• Haha 2

If anyone saw the last game, KAT kept rotating his wrist from time to time and used the other hand to pull on it here and there. I was a bit worried when I saw that, thought might he a dislocated/broken finger, but they never took him out of the game and he played through it.

If MRI comes back clean then he should be fine. Otherwise our ironman has officially turned into a bro-loving pussy.

5 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

While the wrist injury I’m sure is legit ... I’m also hoping that this may be a simple case of the “it’s the ASB, let’s just sit him down for an extended time” type of thing.

or maybe it’s super serious, like he was trying to palm one of Lizzo’s enormous cheeks - and under that immense pressure, he’s wrist got crinkled up.

8 days off vs 9 days off. Tomato tomotto

Just now, Dominator83 said:

balls. I thought it was longer. But still, another game away from further injury could do wonders. Trying to optimistic here - we know he wants to get on the court with soon with his BFF.

factor in all of the ASB parties that im sure all of these NBA guys are getting erect over attending. 

let’s hope that’s the case, and he’s ready to go after the break.

10 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

Otherwise our ironman has officially turned into a bro-loving pussy.

People keep throwing this word around on these forums, it's pretty lame considering the high % of Oliver Miller types drooling Doritos crumbs onto their keyboards. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheAnswer said:

ESPN with the O tag already...this could be serious 

Same for Yahoo ... but I think because of the extended ASB 

2 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

I do see your point, and actually did agree for the most part, but I just thought about it some more. I can kinda see why they'd choose to sit him tonight, as he won't be risking damaging his wrist any further before the break. That way he will have the full ~8 days to rest whatever injury it is and hopefully not have to worry about it again. As opposed to risking further damage in this one game before a long layoff, then even the ~8 days might not be enough in that case, and they'd be kicking themselves for making him play through it with not much to gain, especially right before a decent size break. 

In this way, I also see it as an injury that the team perceives is the type of injury that he might be able to recover from with this upcoming time off. If they thought it was something he'd just have to play through anyway for the rest of the year, they would've had him suit up. Hoping the time off gives him ample time to get over this thing in totality, I'd bet that he actually does want to suit up and play with this new squad and his boyfriend DLo whenever he's physiclaly able to.

It's sad that most of us could've simply drafted AD if we knew we were going to put up with stuff like this with KAT, but it is what it is, and I can kinda see the reasoning behind this one, as opposed to the way they went about the knee injury earlier this year which was horsechit. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

If anyone saw the last game, KAT kept rotating his wrist from time to time and used the other hand to pull on it here and there. I was a bit worried when I saw that, thought might he a dislocated/broken finger, but they never took him out of the game and he played through it.

If MRI comes back clean then he should be fine. Otherwise our ironman has officially turned into a bro-loving pussy.

Yahoo blurb said an MRI revealed the injury 

Whose the pickup? Already got Bloodsport on my squad, perhaps Naz Reid?

10 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

Same for Yahoo ... but I think because of the extended ASB 

Out in Yahoo is different from ESPN. If your Out in ESPN you can go in your IR spot. Out in Yahoo just means day to day. You need the injured tag for that player to go in your IR.

3 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I do see your point, and actually did agree for the most part, but I just thought about it some more. I can kinda see why they'd choose to sit him tonight, as he won't be risking damaging his wrist any further before the break. That way he will have the full ~8 days to rest whatever injury it is and hopefully not have to worry about it again. As opposed to risking further damage in this one game before a long layoff, then even the ~8 days might not be enough in that case, and they'd be kicking themselves for making him play through it with not much to gain, especially right before a decent size break. 

In this way, I also see it as an injury that the team perceives is the type of injury that he might be able to recover from with this upcoming time off. If they thought it was something he'd just have to play through anyway for the rest of the year, they would've had him suit up. Hoping the time off gives him ample time to get over this thing in totality, I'd bet that he actually does want to suit up and play with this new squad and his boyfriend DLo whenever he's physiclaly able to.

It's sad that most of us could've simply drafted AD if we knew we were going to put up with stuff like this with KAT, but it is what it is, and I can kinda see the reasoning behind this one, as opposed to the way they went about the knee injury earlier this year which was horsechit. 

Agree with most, except for the bolded.

I picked 5th overall this year and took KAT. Draft order went: AD, Steph, Harden, Alphabet, KAT.

onky other options were Joker, Lebron, Embiid or Lillard after that.

1 hour ago, Ray Barboni said:

Agree with most, except for the bolded.

I picked 5th overall this year and took KAT. Draft order went: AD, Steph, Harden, Alphabet, KAT.

onky other options were Joker, Lebron, Embiid or Lillard after that.

I guess what I should've said is that a lot of us would have taken KAT over AD for his durability, but in the end KAT has nearly had the more AD-like problems this year. I know in my auction draft I paid a premium for KAT as a solid, durable foundation to my punt assist team. It's in the past though, and currently I wouldn't say I'm overly concerned for KAT based on what we know at the moment, just hoping that he is able to be himself after the break. 

Getting KAT 5th overall is a bargain. I would have been absolutely ecstatic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justaguy said:

Yahoo blurb said an MRI revealed the injury 

Whose the pickup? Already got Bloodsport on my squad, perhaps Naz Reid?

"Bloodsport" lol. 

Naz Reid looks intriguing but I think it's going to be Johnson and Hernangomez.  Reid doesn't look ready to take on a whole lot of mins.

• Like 1

He injured his wrist in this play against Thunder 3 weeks ago. I was watching that game and got worried at that time, but after he had returned I was relieved. It really sucks he needed an MRI after playing 6 games since he hurt his wrist. Hopefully he's OK, but it's worrying to say the least.

• Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, fbbaddict said:

He injured his wrist in this play against Thunder 3 weeks ago. I was watching that game and got worried at that time, but after he had returned I was relieved. It really sucks he needed an MRI after playing 6 games since he hurt his wrist. Hopefully he's OK, but it's worrying to say the least.

I must say although I'm pessimistic by nature... This doesn't look serious at all.

44 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I must say although I'm pessimistic by nature... This doesn't look serious at all.

Yes, it doesn't, but him needed an MRI 6 games after that is worrying tbh.

• Like 1

almost 10 days rest and I'm sure he will be back by the next game after the ASB... 

The wording in this quote is worrisome 

No injury designation coming in, Towns and DLo pushing ticket sales with no hint of him sitting. Then rule him out as fans are heading to the game

KAT might have did more damage to his wrist trying to play through it

Gonna go follow him on social media and try to read his body language 😂 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kilslo said:

The wording in this quote is worrisome 

No injury designation coming in, Towns and DLo pushing ticket sales with no hint of him sitting. Then rule him out as fans are heading to the game

KAT might have did more damage to his wrist trying to play through it

Gonna go follow him on social media and try to read his body language 😂 

Ominous--- good thing I have Naz-stradomus for the future...

• Haha 1