FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ur an iron man until ur not. can totally understand jiimmy wanting out. covington probably jumping for joy as well

Yup.  Might've been durable and putting up numbers previously, but geez, the guy sure is soft this year. I definitely don't blame Jimmy for leaving the pairs of Wiggins/KAT and Ben/Embiid.  These young kids nowadays are just so nonchalant that I have no idea how the hell they're ever gonna win a championship.

Guess I can't blame KAT since he was on a trash team with Wiggins in a potentially rebuilding year ... But even after the FO got him his best friend, he still can't man up and play.  It's just sad how some NBA "stars" don't have that competitive edge or fire to them. Even if my team sucks, I'd rather play my a** off and look good individually than just give up.

• Like 1

Since its Towns I guarantee he ends up missing the rest of the season

Edited by DonutGiveUp

Just now, DoubleMcChickenn said:

Yahoo changed his status to O. Give that INJ alreadyyy

Would love to know why he and Ayton have not gotten it but Demar got it legit minutes after missing just 2 games in a row

8 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yup.  Might've been durable and putting up numbers previously, but geez, the guy sure is soft this year. I definitely don't blame Jimmy for leaving the pairs of Wiggins/KAT and Ben/Embiid.  These young kids nowadays are just so nonchalant that I have no idea how the hell they're ever gonna win a championship.

Guess I can't blame KAT since he was on a trash team with Wiggins in a potentially rebuilding year ... But even after the FO got him his best friend, he still can't man up and play.  It's just sad how some NBA "stars" don't have that competitive edge or fire to them. Even if my team sucks, I'd rather play my a** off and look good individually than just give up.

this. players just content on putting up numbers on losing teams and getting paid. almost like they want/know they cant win. makes you appreciate kobe, lbj, kawhi, giannis alot more

20 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

That's an easy veto. 

That's not remotely close to veto-worthy.   What if KAT gets shut down the rest of the season?

• Like 1

Here I was thinking just the other day “finally back feeling happy to keep KAT ROS and not rush into a panic trade” thennnn...fml 

Bruh...

guys an iron man his entire career, first year ever drafting him he becomes a glass man .... prayers up he’s ok for fantasy playoffs 

Edited by Asapjoshy

This is today's NBA, where franchises have nothing to lose and everything to gain by being overly cautious with their franchise players, especially in a lost season. I imagine the Wolves are just being cautious with him since it was reported that the MRI didn't reveal significant damage. I understand the Wolves point of view here; there's no point in having your franchise cornerstone play on a gimpy anything when the team is literally helping their chances at a better draft position with every loss. The only reason I'm optimistic he isn't shut down for good is that it would be beneficial for the team, with its sparkly new roster, to build some level of chemistry and continuity before the year is over. But it's becoming very frustrating playing fantasy in this day and age where load management reigns supreme, players are softer than baby chit, and things like flattening the lottery odds have obviously done nothing to dissuade teams from blatantly tanking for the draft. While I can see the logic in resting Towns, their franchise cornerstone, in this situation, the way they handled the KAT knee injury earlier this year was very suspicious, and shows that there really isn't a lot the NBA can do to either prove that a team is tanking or to enforce something when it comes to judgment calls on rest vs injury.

Again, I understand the teams decision to either protect their players health and freshness for when it matters most, and I don't disagree that being stuck in the middle might be even worse than full on tanking, but today's NBA with the tanking, load management, and injury management is honestly a huge turn off for fantasy for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mas10 said:

Won’t play again this season. 

shut down candidate 100 percent... get that lottery pick 

I would be careful not to overreact. Even if KAT misses the next month he still comes back for fantasy playoffs, and a wrist injury (that he's been playing through) isn't going to hurt his conditioning.  

Curry is coming back in a lost season. I imagine Rosas wants to see how Beasley and Juancho fit together with KAT and DLo before the impending free agency decisions this summer. 

Tf? This guy misses 1 game last season because of a car accident and now he has a bum wrist will miss multiple games??

3 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I would be careful not to overreact. Even if KAT misses the next month he still comes back for fantasy playoffs, and a wrist injury (that he's been playing through) isn't going to hurt his conditioning.  

Curry is coming back in a lost season. I imagine Rosas wants to see how Beasley and Juancho fit together with KAT and DLo before the impending free agency decisions this summer. 

Multiple games missed could be a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks... But a month ? Seems.waaay too much. 

But than again... Who knows

51 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Grabbing Juancho, played big minutes last night and should be a consistent double double threat going forward

Yeeaaah, good luck with that. He is the 410th ranked player in 8 cat leagues and 392nd Per 36 minutes.  Last week when he started and got big minutes, he was 175. And that's what you can expect from him.  Look at his per 36 numbers and they are pathetic. he just barely averages a single double then, let a lone a double double. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

shut down candidate 100 percent... get that lottery pick 

like they were not gonna get it if he doesn't get shut down...

• Haha 1

"I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death" 
"I ain't the type of brother made for you to start testin" 

I peeped you frontin, I was in the Jeep
Sunk in the seat, tinted with heat, beats bumpin
Across the street you was wildin
Talkin bout how you ran the Island in eighty-nine
Layin up, playin the yard with crazy shine

Then, Naz emerges and begins to shine brighter...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

That's not remotely close to veto-worthy.   What if KAT gets shut down the rest of the season?

Sitting on a trade offer and then accepting it after you find out the player you're giving away is seriously injured is bush league. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Multiple games missed could be a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks... But a month ? Seems.waaay too much. 

But than again... Who knows

I was using a worst case scenario. My guess is he returns first week of March based on the wording and him apparently playing through it.

Just now, lbjames6 said:

Sitting on a trade offer and then accepting it after you find out the player you're giving away is seriously injured is bush league. 

Oh sorry, I thought you meant the trade on its face value right now. Yeah if you accept a trade after further serious injury news it is pretty unsportsmanlike. Would get vetoed in our league too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Yeeaaah, good luck with that. He is the 410th ranked player in 8 cat leagues and 392nd Per 36 minutes.  Last week when he started and got big minutes, he was 175. And that's what you can expect from him.  Look at his per 36 numbers and they are pathetic. he just barely averages a single double then, let a lone a double double. 

You are mistaken. He’s been averaging 15 points and 2 threes and that’s with Towns active. Minutes will be there and he’s in a contract year. Low risk high reward potential but to each their own