FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, the1gq2nvy said:

i would probably take it...wash at least got something to fight plus his been near top 10 for a month now.


for reals? Granted I’ve never been a huge fan of Beal - but doesn’t the elite position scarcity immediately make KAT worth more just on that alone? 
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:


im not sure you can call it “hoarding” ... I mean, there are SO many injuries to league winning players. Having 2 IL spots shouldn’t affect the waiver. Why should you punish teams that had the foresight to own said player, by limiting the rest of their roster because of IL spots? 
 

my opinion? In this day and age of the NBA, 1 IL spot is not enough for fantasy leagues. 3 is too much, 2 seems about right.


I'm not talking about guys on your own roster who get injured.  Managers end up stashing too many injured free agents and it really makes a difference in the quality of the free agent pool in a 14 teamer. With 1 IR spot it forces people to make tough decisions and also rewards active management. 

 

Everyone has to deal with injuries, it's part of the game. Having 1 IR spot is just another strategic wrinkle. Playing with 2 or more is easy mode imo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen him traded for whiteside and most people are saying whiteside was a steal, so beal is an obvious accept if you can get him. Just traded Ibaka/Robinson for KAT so if you can make playoffs for sure he's a great guy to lowball teams for. Buy extremely low though, theres a very good chance he's shut down. 

Positive news is he doesn't need surgery, and it's just a hand. Negative news is that could be straight up BS and a few days from now we hear he will be shut down with hand surgery. I think that happened with steph too, don't remember. 

Bottom line, these updates are useless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cbsholy said:

This is today's NBA, where franchises have nothing to lose and everything to gain by being overly cautious with their franchise players, especially in a lost season.

 

Fantasy NBA aside, as basketball fans who are shown daily through media of these flashy NBA stars- the die-hard season ticket holders, the fathers who might not be fans but want to bring their kids to see his/her favorite stars- where is the sense of responsibility by sitting your star players when they can actually play even thought they might be less than 100%?

If teams want to be fair, start showing highlights of your second string players and let the fans decide if they still want to attend the games. Don't show us slam dunks from your superstars then sit their asses because of lottery balls. That's the NBA today.

 

#lambierdisapprove #jordanlaugh 

Edited by NBA_OG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My reaction to hearing KAT's injury (sorry, just saw Roto's headline and thought it was hilarious): 

Towns1_RD.jpg.9e2fb19752b8b89b487bdfbfcc239c2c.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MWon said:

My reaction to hearing KAT's injury (sorry, just saw Roto's headline and thought it was hilarious): 

Towns1_RD.jpg.9e2fb19752b8b89b487bdfbfcc239c2c.jpg


KAT's reaction upon hearing his own timeline- "Hey DLo, when will you sit man? Let's sit next to each other. On three- ONE, TWO, THREE- TOGETHER!!!". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My playoffs start March 17. Surely he’s back by then.  That’s 5 weeks from now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mas10 said:

My playoffs start March 17. Surely he’s back by then.  That’s 5 weeks from now. 

Well... Hopefully. I'm not a shutdown panicker by any means, but there's something that makes me uncomfortable about this situation. Maybe it's TWolves' lack of transperency that us KAT owners experienced on KAT's previous injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mas10 said:

My playoffs start March 17. Surely he’s back by then.  That’s 5 weeks from now. 

Considering he played a handful of games even with the injury he could be plus I don't see a shutdown as they are trying to build chemistry with all the new guys however, it is the garbage Wolves and the injury news came out of no where 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mas10 said:

My playoffs start March 17. Surely he’s back by then.  That’s 5 weeks from now. 

This is my hope as well! I am just trying to brace myself for the next couple of weeks in which we will probably get little to no insight on what is going on. I just want him to recover switfly and be ready to go by March 16. 

In the span of 3 days I took injuries to Dame, Ayton, and KAT. Luckily I think I have the bye locked up for my division but still very nerve racking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:


for reals? Granted I’ve never been a huge fan of Beal - but doesn’t the elite position scarcity immediately make KAT worth more just on that alone? 
 

 

I guess depends on your situation too. If his injury was an ankle or something i wouldn't worry as much. Wrist seems a little more omimous how long he maybe out. Value alone with both healthy, Kat is above by several notches but i like how washington is within striking range for 8th so i think beal will ball out rest of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"multiple games" is not "multiple weeks"... so I will miss 7/8 matchs but not more I think, no ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tomy said:

"multiple games" is not "multiple weeks"... so I will miss 7/8 matchs but not more I think, no ??

Who knows... It's the Wolves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a doctor, and know nothing more than what's been reported. So don't kill me for speculating, but I'm going to guess on some things.

Here's what we know:

1) KAT had some wrist injury in January. Could be in the Jan 25 game.

2) He played through it for multiple games. He played 6 more games after Jan 25.

3) It kept hurting, so he finally had an MRI.

4) MRI showed something (which probably means either muscle or ligament damage). He will get re-evaluated after the ASB.

 

Here's what we can guess, based on that data:

1) They're now figuring out whether the wrist will improve by itself with rest.

2) When they do that re-evaluation, there will be 3 choices: (a) just go play because there's low pain and no risk of re-injury, (b) rest more to keep it from re-injuring, and hope it heals by itself. This could be a week or two, then re-evaluation, and it could get stretched, or (c) surgery, which takes him out 4-6 months.

 

Sure, he could be just fine. But with Minny out of the playoffs, and wanting to tank, there's no incentive to play him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ironman mentality in KAT can't just suddenly disappear after he's been doing it for 4 years, that's not normal if it did especially considering the Wolves' recent upgrade. When KAT returned from earlier 15 game absence, I remember he mentioned something about being really happy that he is finally able to play, sounded frustrated that he had to sit. When Wolves announced they got DeAngelo, he was "shocked" and went to pick him up at the airport. The playing spirit should be really high right now in terms of where the organization is heading.

 

I would say if he could play, he would, showing the fans a glimpse of what's to come next season with him and DLo running the show. This is the guy he has been wanting to play with forever, and now that Wolves finally got him, KAT NEEDS TO PROVE SOMETHING TO THE FANS. This means returning and finishing the season unless the injury is really bad, OR, and a big OR, Wolves' management are just greedy lottery ball lovers. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

The Ironman mentality in KAT can't just suddenly disappear after he's been doing it for 4 years, that's not normal if it did especially considering the Wolves' recent upgrade. When KAT returned from earlier 15 game absence, I remember he mentioned something about being really happy that he is finally able to play, sounded frustrated that he had to sit. When Wolves announced they got DeAngelo, he was "shocked" and went to pick him up at the airport. The playing spirit should be really high right now in terms of where the organization is heading.

 

I would say if he could play, he would, showing the fans a glimpse of what's to come next season with him and DLo running the show. This is the guy he has been wanting to play with forever, and now that Wolves finally got him, KAT NEEDS TO PROVE SOMETHING TO THE FANS. This means returning and finishing the season unless the injury is really bad, OR, and a big OR, Wolves' management are just greedy lottery ball lovers. 

I'm sure he would play if he could. But the mind does not control the physical realities of his wrist, as far as we know. Injured is injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I'm sure he would play if he could. But the mind does not control the physical realities of his wrist, as far as we know. Injured is injured. 

 

Injury is not 100% or nothing. It can range from major to minor. So if it makes it to the minor side, I would hope the management doesn't cock block and let the fans see him play. 

Iverson played hurt all the time man. The 6'0 guy was banged up but always try to play on. He is laughing at today's players. 

Edited by NBA_OG
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stefan said:

Who knows... It's the Wolves

His friend is here, i think KAT wants to play now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Wolves and Kings are laughing stocks. Towns was ruled out of their last game why has he not been evaluated already? Move both these garbage franchises and bring back Seattle and Vancouver 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

 

Wolves and Kings are laughing stocks. Towns was ruled out of their last game why has he not been evaluated already? Move both these garbage franchises and bring back Seattle and Vancouver 


No kidding. They act as if their medical staff were elected to be at the all star game too so no action can be done until the break is over. Why can’t they evaluate now? Would be disgusted if I were a season ticket holder.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

 

Wolves and Kings are laughing stocks. Towns was ruled out of their last game why has he not been evaluated already? Move both these garbage franchises and bring back Seattle and Vancouver 

I assume this means that they hope resting for a week will be all the treatment thats needed - and so will see if that has worked/if its still sore during the break and if so then will have to look into other treatment options (hopefully not surgery or anything) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.