FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, AndreSplash said:

Basketball Monster estimates that he's be back 2/28. I could live with that.

Just in time for fantasy playoff. If that's the case, I will totally take that with no doubt. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AndreSplash said:

Basketball Monster estimates that he's be back 2/28. I could live with that.

At this point they don't know more than what we know tho. That's just their interpretation for "expected to be out multiple games". 

• Like 2

“ you’re an Ironman until you’re not “

” you’re injury prone until you’re not “

Towns and AD lady’s and gentlemen 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

“ you’re an Ironman until you’re not “

” you’re injury prone until you’re not “

Towns and AD lady’s and gentlemen 

Don't think AD was ever considered an ironman lol. But tbf he only missed 14 games total in 2 seasons before last season where he was sat out by the team before the trade.

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Don't think AD was ever considered an ironman lol. But tbf he only missed 14 games total in 2 seasons before last season where he was sat out by the team before the trade.

I meant he was considered dnd at one point and was labelled as a high risk draftee, now he plays every game. Kat on the other hand was deemed as a player you’re guaranteed 80 games from.

my point is drafting players due to durability is not so smart of a strategy in my opinion.

Just now, Simsanityy179 said:

I meant he was considered dnd at one point and was labelled as a high risk draftee, now he plays every game. Kat on the other hand was deemed as a player you’re guaranteed 80 games from.

my point is drafting players due to durability is not so smart of a strategy in my opinion.

Yea that's kinda true to a certain point, but there are players that are known to be more injury prone not counting the fluke injuries. But yea with load managing in full force think the better solution is to have more IR slots think u need at least 2 now for season long leagues.

1 hour ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Kyrie - notorious glassman who is pretty fickle this year. 

KP - missed 10+ games because of knee soreness. 

Kawhi - load managed, even more than what I thought would take place this year.

Steph - Out for most of the season

Gary Harris - in and out 

On the flip side, ironmen like Drummond, Jokic, Harden, Ben Simmons (save for his rookie year), Giannis etc are all living up to their billing. 

This post is a mindless regurgitation of what Josh Lloyd says on his podcast. You can point to two exceptions to the trend and say "aha! Injury histories mean nothing" all you want but it doesnt make your point any stronger. 

Injuries happen to anyone, for sure. But you're being deliberately obtuse if you suggest that some players aren't injury prone and thus more liable to sit out games compared to others. With GP being the most important category of them all, you definitely should factor injury history when drafting players. 

Edited by justaguy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Nah, AD's fragility was overblown at one point.  He also got hurt (games played wise) by the Pelicans sitting him one season too.  He does seem to always be injured in a minor way, which is very annoying, but he's getting better.  Kyrie's knee is messed up, and multiple other parts.  Some guys are just older too.  Some guys not only won the genetic gene lottery to be an elite NBA player, but also won the durability gene as well.  Lebron to me is the ultimate iron man.  For such a long career he has been super durable and only suffered last year.  There's genetics and also a ton of hard work.  FWIW I still would draft less injury prone players. 

* as in draft guys who are not injury prone

Edited by vnmslsrbms

5 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

His point is the injury prone tags are getting more and more vague. Every year a few "ironman" tags are being removed. In the modern era of NBA with all the load management and teams aiming either the top of the ranks or the bottom in a constant attempt to avoid the middle, it is getting harder to predict the "gp" factor.

4 hours ago, justaguy said:

Injuries happen to anyone, for sure. But you're being deliberately obtuse if you suggest that some players aren't injury prone and thus more liable to sit out games compared to others. With GP being the most important category of them all, you definitely should factor injury history when drafting players. 

So yes, GP is the most important category of them all but also the most unpredictable. You mention a few names to make your point but I can name a few back to reverse it. However, we can all agree that predicting gp of a player is getinng harder every year, so as a result reducing the weight of the gp factor in your draft strategy is not ludicrous, it actually makes sense up to a point.

6 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

So if you don't base past durability to draft, what's your strategy is drafting a player who will try to last 82 games? 

23 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

DLo is getting jealous of that "other one".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Someone get him a shrink before he turns into kyrie

tenor.gif?itemid=8206008

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got offered Towns for embiid. Standard 9 cat. Should I take it??? I’d like to know if he’s at risk for shutdown for the fantasy playoffs WK22-24 and if he’ll even be back soon. Also I couldn’t post in AC forum as I’m a new member. Thanks

Kat just tweeted a video playing nba 2k and has no wrap around his wrist or anything lol.

• Thanks 1

Ya i accepted the trade. It was a bottom feeder team offering but he still tries to win every matchup and doesn’t want an injured KAT on his team lol. Here’s to good luck! 🐱

19 minutes ago, mas10 said:

Kat just tweeted a video playing nba 2k and has no wrap around his wrist or anything lol.

I swear this guys trolling us bro 

• Like 1

I’m telling y’all, he doesn’t give a shite about basketball.  He wants to be a gamer the rest of his life.  He’s got enough money to never have to work again, so he’s got a DGAF attitude.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, japs said:

Wolves are tanking. They want that top 1-3 pick

They’re worse when he plays tho lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I swear this guys trolling us bro 

Wouldn't you think the video was shot before the injury? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

They’re worse when he plays tho lol 

Defensively yeah they still suck. But they are better offensively with the new guys.

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Wouldn't you think the video was shot before the injury? 

LMAO that's the new way to rehab. Get that wrist moving through gaming. This fool better play soon @#$%^$%# !!!

• Haha 2